PDA

View Full Version : HELP WITH INSTALLATION

Bryan000h
05-25-2011, 04:40 AM
I've bought ACB and when im trying to install it it says, do you want to remove ACB?
I dont have it on my PC but whatever i press yes.
Then it says its removed succesfully.
so im starting the installation again,
but it says again, do you want to remove ACB!

What can i do?
I cant install like this
Please help!

Bryan000h
05-25-2011, 04:40 AM
I've bought ACB and when im trying to install it it says, do you want to remove ACB?
I dont have it on my PC but whatever i press yes.
Then it says its removed succesfully.
so im starting the installation again,
but it says again, do you want to remove ACB!

What can i do?
I cant install like this
Please help!

KingDaniel0
05-25-2011, 05:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan000h:
HELP WITH INSTALLATION
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was the Game previously installed on this PC/OS before ? It shouldn't ask you to remove the game again, if there are no entries left relating to this Game, on your Hard drive. Which OS are you having ?

Though this won't be necessary, but Try to install the Game as an ADMIN, and under 'Windows XP SP2' compatibility mode, if using Windows 7. Disable UAC/User Account Control, for the time being.

Are you installing from a DVD ? One more guy was facing a similar problem:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1067519/m/3091041629 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5031067519/m/3091041629)

------------------------------------------------------------

Bryan000h
05-25-2011, 06:03 AM
Yes it was installed before,
My brother downloaded it and played it, but i was desperate about playing online, and we couldnt with the illegal version, so ive bought it. I uninstalled it. And removed everything that had to do with ACB

So ive put in the legal dvd and it kept giving this problem. Im running it on windows 7 ultimate 32 bits. Ill try intstall it as an admin. And the other thing u said, how can i do that?

Ill reply tonight, while im at work now
Thnx for now

KingDaniel0
05-25-2011, 06:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan000h:
Yes it was installed before,

I uninstalled it. And removed everything that had to do with ACB. Im running it on windows 7 ultimate 32 bits. Ill try intstall it as an admin. And the other thing u said, how can i do that?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you fully sure you have removed all the previous Game entries relating to AC:B ? Remove all the REGISTRY entries as well, and run any REG cleaner on your PC.

Disabling UAC is not necessary, but if it creates any problem, then you can turn it OFF. Just go to Start----&gt;Search, and inside this Search window, just type uac and press the Enter Key.

It will open the UAC Control Settings Window, and after that just drag the Slider all the way down to the NEVER NOTIFY option, and reboot your PC.

But first, also try to Manually Remove and DELETE all possible Game entries from the Installed Path/folder, as well as from the Windows REGISTRY......

The game has not been properly removed, or there might be some Game entries still on this Computer. First try to 'Manually' remove/delete as many folders and entries you find related to this game, and then try re-installing it again.

If you happen to find the following under your Windows Registry, then remove them as well. Delete the entire NODE i.e. Ubisoft:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

64 bit path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\As sassin's Creed Brotherhood\. After that you need to expand the Parent 'WOW6432' NODE, till you reach the Assassin's Creed entry.

Also try to Scan you computer now, to fix any Registry and other errors, by using any REG tool you may have. Google search for them, as there are many tools which can be used.

Doing a 'System Restore' is also another option, but it might not be of much help in your case now.

----------------------------------------------------------

Bryan000h
05-25-2011, 01:15 PM
Thanx for your help dude!

I've downloaded tuneUp Utilities
and went to '' delete unusefull programs and just deleted ACB
Restarted pc and started the dvd and it's installing right now!

I thank you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

KingDaniel0
05-26-2011, 06:54 AM
Thanx for your help dude!

I've downloaded tuneUp Utilities
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem. I hope your Game installs fine now ? Yes, even I use TuneUp Utilities, and this program is really nice !

-------------------------------------------------