PDA

View Full Version : Is there any official announcement that ACB for PC will be delayed?

rupok2
08-10-2010, 08:29 AM
I look on Amazon and all the versions except PC say release date nov 2010 but PC versions says Feb 2011. Is this official since they are selling the game?

rupok2
08-10-2010, 08:29 AM
I look on Amazon and all the versions except PC say release date nov 2010 but PC versions says Feb 2011. Is this official since they are selling the game?

ryhi
08-10-2010, 09:42 AM
yes it has been on some of the interviews by ubisoft at e3

Xanatos2007
08-10-2010, 10:47 AM
That's it, time to crash a plane into Montreal! Now where'd I park that SR-71...?

rupok2
08-10-2010, 11:01 AM
OMG are you serious Ubisoft? I was hoping to play it that month because I am free then. Damn now everyone will talk about the multiplayer while I wait months!

Its like you are trying to force us into buying console. Don't give us the crap about making the game better for PC, you said that for AC2 as well and barely did anything (it was just a console port). The hell with this I am not pre ordering the game.

Xanatos2007
08-10-2010, 11:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rupok2:
(it was just a console port) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Worse in fact, since on a console you don't have to be connected to the internet 24/7.

rupok2
08-10-2010, 11:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rupok2:
(it was just a console port) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Worse in fact, since on a console you don't have to be connected to the internet 24/7. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's true but I thought the whole point of the DRM was so that it protects against piracy so why are they delaying the game if it does that? Ok delaying the game to maybe the beginning of December is fine but comon February?

I thought Ubisoft was pretty cool, most of their games I like but this crap is making me think twice before buying anything.

GariStz
08-10-2010, 11:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
That's it, time to crash a plane into Montreal! Now where'd I park that SR-71...? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you....

I too noticed that on all the interviews they only say 360 and PS3 but nothing about PC...really Ubi? We gonna wait 5 mouths AGAIN and for a crappy console port? Last time was a "protection issues", what will be this time? Oh, I know - because of the new (kind of) destructive environment, explosions and little parts flying around, Ubi will probably say that they made a deal with nVidia to integrate nVidia Physx into the game? This will be it, right? Thank God that my friend bought a PS3 and I'll be playing it there, but I'm sorry for the other million fans that only have a PC and will have to go through this hell AGAIN...

I appreciate the work the Dev team does, because, actually THEY are the ones that make all those games, but the people on the marketing stuff (how do you say it) or "the people that decide witch game will come out when and on what console" are have to be executed like Ezio's father and brothers...or perhaps punched in the stomach...

Xanatos2007
08-10-2010, 12:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GariStz:
...be executed like Ezio's father and brothers...or perhaps punched in the stomach... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Or both.

I understand that it's easier to tailor games for consoles, but it's not fair to delay the PC version by several months and then just release the exact same game without even any PC-specific features (such as broader controls, better graphics and this 'aspect ratio' thing I keep hearing about). Console players usually tell PC players to stop complaining and just be thankful that they're getting the game at all, but from a PC perspective that's like showing up to a party after all the guests have left - especially true amongst the fans. I'd like to see how consolers would react if the PC edition was released 5 months earlier and they all had to wait for a downgraded port. C'mon Ubisoft, prove my point! It's okay, you've done stupidly risky experiments before (such as testing the DRM on AC2).

Honestly this would all be avoided if Ubisoft postponed the console release dates and released their games across all platforms simultaneously instead of changing their minds every 5 minutes like an indecisive ADD patient in an elevator. I can see why they'd prefer to release some of their versions early so they can get money faster and pay the developers, but perhaps Ubi needs to stop spending so much money on advertising and instead concentrate on actually making the game so they can get all 3 platforms out the door faster.

Murcuseo
08-10-2010, 12:40 PM
This thread is heading in an all to fimiliar direction...

I too am pretty hacked off at the delay and hope Ubisoft actually put the effort in and port the game properly this time... not likely but still. But, I've noticed in my short time on this forum and being a PC gamer that moaning and starting petitions is utterly pointless.

Infact, it often has more negative impact. Like people argueing or bringing up subjects that derail and endlessly commit thread after thread to the murky depths of the latter pages!

Still, feel free to rant and rave all you want. I'll have a laugh reading it until it gets closed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

rupok2
08-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Another thing I wanted to point out. There is no reason to pre ordering the game anymore. People pre order games so that they can get it on the release date. Since the PC version is coming out like 4 months later, I can wait a week or so until I see better deals on the game.

No bragging to your friends that you already got the game, not being able to play the game when there is so much hype ruins the reasons for pre ordering. A stupid extra multiplayer character that should have been included in the regular game in the first place just isn't going to be enough.

Stormpen
08-11-2010, 10:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:
Still, feel free to rant and rave all you want. I'll have a laugh reading it until it gets closed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*clears throat*
So, what's their reason this time? Say it was the DRM last time, now what? Money? Other games to work on? Aliens kidnapping the PC dev team? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

rupok2
08-11-2010, 11:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stormpen:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:
Still, feel free to rant and rave all you want. I'll have a laugh reading it until it gets closed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*clears throat*
So, what's their reason this time? Say it was the DRM last time, now what? Money? Other games to work on? Aliens kidnapping the PC dev team? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I LOL'D. Maybe the PC dev team got assassinated.

Razrback16
08-11-2010, 12:05 PM
What horrible news. Oh well. Just one more reason to ensure I only pay a very small fraction of the retail cost of the game. Hit 'em where it hurts...right in that wallet.

Razrback16
08-11-2010, 12:19 PM
OMG are you serious Ubisoft? Its like you are trying to force us into buying console. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, not gonna happen. People aren'tgoing to downgrade from their gaming rigs to play on inferior graphics hardware and resolutions/image quality. And that's not to knock on the consoles, they have their purpose, but if someone already has a massively powerful gaming PC, it would be silly to ever downgrade to a console. PCs have so much more power and flexibility it's not even a comparison.

Xanatos2007
08-11-2010, 12:30 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: the AC dev team can always move over to Eidos/Square Enix. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Razrback16
08-11-2010, 12:37 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: the AC dev team can always move over to Eidos/Square Enix. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

superchimp1983
08-12-2010, 02:27 AM
I'm not sure why everyone is gettin worked up, I love the ac series, even got bloodlines, is everyone forgetting ac1 had extras for pc, ac2 had an actual full game instead of the 80% version that consoles had cause they had to buy sequence 12 and 13, I'd rather wait longer for ac:b cause I know we'll get a complete package for cheaper, I paid 20 for ac2 on pc whilst console buyers had to pay 40 + dlc, so what if its delayed, its cheaper

Xanatos2007
08-12-2010, 11:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by superchimp1983:
I'm not sure why everyone is gettin worked up, I love the ac series, even got bloodlines, is everyone forgetting ac1 had extras for pc, ac2 had an actual full game instead of the 80% version that consoles had cause they had to buy sequence 12 and 13, I'd rather wait longer for ac:b cause I know we'll get a complete package for cheaper, I paid 20 for ac2 on pc whilst console buyers had to pay 40 + dlc, so what if its delayed, its cheaper </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Console players usually tell PC players to stop complaining and just be thankful that they're getting the game at all, but from a PC perspective that's like showing up to a party after all the guests have left - especially true amongst the fans. I'd like to see how consolers would react if the PC edition was released 5 months earlier and they all had to wait for a downgraded port. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mr_Shade
08-12-2010, 12:15 PM
I seem to be repeating this a lot..

Any date you see on any retailers website, is not a confirmed date, sometimes it's a guess.. So sometimes it's completely wrong..

Sometimes the PC version may come out after the Console version, however that may be due to extended testing, due to the different PC configurations, and is not due to a delay..

Last date I have is still in November..

Xanatos2007
08-12-2010, 12:19 PM
$5 says Ubi will change their mind at the last minute and delay AC:B anyway.

Mr_Shade
08-12-2010, 12:21 PM
$5 says Ubi will change their mind at the last minute and delay AC:B anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>IF that happens.. then we can debate about it then...

Till then.. lets not talk about it.. [if we don't think about it, it wont happen.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif]

sanjose_911
08-12-2010, 01:51 PM
If they postpone the pc version like they did last year then I would be really ****ed. I dont know whats the purpouse for this delays because the last game had despite the 6 months delay attrocious graphics much much worse then the first ac had. So this time if they do the delay they better work on the visuals.

TheLeoCrow
08-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Well, they even delayed the movie cash in with pop:tfs, whats to stop them from delaying ac:b?

At least they can't say that the failure of pop:tfs is because of piracy (though ubi has never let logic stand in the way of their excuses)

LCGuardian
08-12-2010, 03:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
$5 says Ubi will change their mind at the last minute and delay AC:B anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>IF that happens.. then we can debate about it then...

Till then.. lets not talk about it.. [if we don't think about it, it wont happen.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't the devs themselves say that the PC version would come out "sometime later" (rough quote) than the console versions of ACB at the end of some of the E3 videos? Don't get me wrong, I'd love the date to still be November, but the devs are pretty tightly bound up in the whole ACB setup. I had figured they knew in advance what will be officially announced later (not by Twitter I hope).