PDA

View Full Version : philippines

BeltranCrocker
05-23-2006, 09:13 PM
why isnt there a campaign of the defence of the philippines? there should be one that includes such aircraft as the seversky p-35a and boeing p-26 from the philippine aircorps. Does anyone aggree with me? there has got to be someone that can do this,

BeltranCrocker
05-23-2006, 09:13 PM
why isnt there a campaign of the defence of the philippines? there should be one that includes such aircraft as the seversky p-35a and boeing p-26 from the philippine aircorps. Does anyone aggree with me? there has got to be someone that can do this,

-HH-Quazi
05-23-2006, 09:29 PM
Sure it can be done. We have some very talented campaign creating m8s here. They would have to use a map to simulate the Phillipine islands, since there isn't a specific map of the Phillipines. But if any of them were so inclined, I am sure they could come up with a Phillipine campaign. Of course they would have to use a plane set that we have as flyable. But it is all in the imagination imo.

Maybe this is something you would like to learn to do. I tried mission building and found I can't leave well enough alone and tend to put to much in. I got ao involved with one mission that it consumed me for three weeks. I knew then the mission building should be left to others.

You should post this question over in the mission building forum and get the opinions of our mission\campiagn building m8s. And who knows, maybe there is a campaign already out there dealing with the Phillipine conflict. I can think of no better place to inquire.

LEBillfish
05-23-2006, 11:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BeltranCrocker:
why isnt there a campaign of the defence of the philippines? there should be one that includes such aircraft as the seversky p-35a and boeing p-26 from the philippine aircorps. Does anyone aggree with me? there has got to be someone that can do this, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With the belief I'd be hit by a comet in my bed tonight more then we'll see those planes before this series goes to BoB I'll say no, do not even look for them. Sorry http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Top_Gun_1_0_1
05-24-2006, 11:53 AM
They definitely need to put the "Manila" map with the "Intramuros" fortress city on it.

They also need to put some extra areas of the theater like Hong kong or singapore jakarta vietnam http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Nimits
05-24-2006, 04:22 PM
Supposedly a Philippines map might still come. If it did, the G4M, A6M2-21, P-40B, and P-40E we already have, together with the promised Ki-27, should make for some quite nice Philippines flying.

Dtools4fools
05-25-2006, 08:54 AM
Actually the Philippine map - a large one - would be a very intersting map me thinks; In northern Luzon you would have Clark field and Manila where Japanese attack at beginning of war could be played. And late war you would have the air bettles over Leyte and central Visayas. Plenty of air attacks on shipping as well. Would love to bomb the japanese supply fleet that was sunk late war in the Calamian group...just because of this stunning archipelageo of islands there, would look awsome on a well made map!
Pelnty of islands with water inbetween would give great opportunities for scenario design as well.
But doubt it will ever happen...

Dream on..

VF2_Sarge
05-25-2006, 01:31 PM
I think it a little to much to late m8s. PF and IL2 is on its way out the door.

stansdds
05-26-2006, 05:08 AM
I tend to agree with LEBillfish and VF2_Sarge, IL2 is nearing the end of the line as the release date for BoB approaches. Sure, we might see another map added, maybe another plane or two, but I don't expect anything drastic nor do I expect a complete Pacific war. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Will we get a Pacific war as an add-on to BoB? After the alleged problems with certain U.S. companies, I wouldn't hold my breath, but this could change as some pending legislation moves through our government.

nte70
05-29-2006, 04:49 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif there is singapore areas around there in pf.aussie missions,and dutch

GerritJ9
05-29-2006, 08:21 AM
The Singapore map only includes a very small part of Sumatra with a Dutch aerodrome near Doemai that never existed at the time. An original outline map I got a preview of, showing the territory that was to be included, contained much more of Malaya (though not up to the Thai border) as well as some of the small islands to the south of Singapore and more of Sumatra (though not far enough south to cover Palembang). The current map only goes as far north as Kuala Lumpur, making accurate December 1941 missions impossible. However, it does make it possible to create historically accurate (more or less) missions for the Commonwealth and Dutch forces covering the latter part of the Malaya campaign. Singapore itself is poorly dealt with, as the map does not include the R.N. Dockyard and Keppel Harbour, to name but two important targets for Japanese bombers. The famous/notorious 15" Singapore guns are missing as well.