PDA

View Full Version : Heads-on & Bf109

domenlovrec
01-03-2006, 10:54 AM
hi

I've been having problem online with this manover. I know this is Bf109's weak point (engine, slow rate of guns etc.). However this is mine the most common mistake. Result, i crash. I know it's sounds strange but it seams like i can't avoid it. If La or Spitfire fly towards me what should i do?

domenlovrec
01-03-2006, 10:54 AM
hi

I've been having problem online with this manover. I know this is Bf109's weak point (engine, slow rate of guns etc.). However this is mine the most common mistake. Result, i crash. I know it's sounds strange but it seams like i can't avoid it. If La or Spitfire fly towards me what should i do?

carguy_
01-03-2006, 11:03 AM
Barrel roll with a bit of rudder puts them off 90% of the time.

Brain32
01-03-2006, 11:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> If La or Spitfire fly towards me what should i do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hit "Refly" and take a FW190 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Kuna15
01-03-2006, 11:21 AM
My experiences regardless of what I fly is that both planes get damaged in h2h attack.
Now there is no much difference from plane to plane but of course plane with more cannons/guns are in advantage.

Since Bf-109Gs in game can be equipped with MK108 cannon, I suggest that you take it. It has high RoF for such calibar and with little practice vs. ace AI offline -- you will do miracles online.

About your last question; vs. Spitfires you can always go in h2h. Hispano cannons are hitting hard but their biggest defficiency in h2h can in most cases be convergence (in low convergences they are almost useless for this kind of fight). With your 500m(+) cannon convergence you can place a short burst lobbing it on Spitfire from 800m-1k and go in wild evasive manoeuver.
One MK108 hit will suffice. Against LA-7 it's even game considering firepower but due to better ShVAK ballistics I would sugest that you avoid h2h with LA-7.