PDA

View Full Version : Screen Shots.

Latka_in_Hawaii
10-10-2005, 12:43 AM
I may have missed something, but in the "Controls" section in the game it says that PrintScreen is the way to take screen shots, yet I can't find anywhere in the Pacific Fighters directory that they're going.

Did I miss some directory specification somewhere?

...finally got the game after it being out all this time. It's a blast!

Thanks in advance,
Andy

Latka_in_Hawaii
10-10-2005, 12:43 AM
I may have missed something, but in the "Controls" section in the game it says that PrintScreen is the way to take screen shots, yet I can't find anywhere in the Pacific Fighters directory that they're going.

Did I miss some directory specification somewhere?

...finally got the game after it being out all this time. It's a blast!

Thanks in advance,
Andy

TheGozr
10-10-2005, 01:19 AM
Mine doesn't work anymore http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif even with the fix in the config

Skycat_2
10-10-2005, 01:40 AM
Look in your UbiSoft (or Ubi Soft?) / game folder -- It's named "IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles" if you have the FB+AEP+PF 'merged' version and I think just "Pacific Fighters" if you're playing the game as a stand-alone version.

Inside the game folder you should find some numbered files that start with 'grab' and end with the extension .tga -- for example, if you take four screenshots you should find four files named like so:
grab0000.tga
grab0001.tga
grab0002.tga
grab0003.tga

Quicktime viewer will open them for sure and maybe other viewer apps will also. I normally use Adobe Photoshop so that I can convert the screens to JPEG files.

ytareh
10-10-2005, 10:49 AM
Left click on "My Computer".Right click on hard drive icon (Local Disc"C" drive?).Left click "Explore" then click as follows Program Files/UbiSoft/Pacific Fighters(-or Forgotten Battles if you have merged install).The screenshots are in there as "Grabs" but you need a program like "IRFAN VIEW"(I use this free one ,there are other similar) to see them.TIP They can really build up so to delete dozens at a time highlight by rightclicking and Without Releasing press Delete

major_setback
10-11-2005, 03:44 AM
You have to save them after exiting the game, otherwise they will be overwritten next time you take screenshots.

Kuna15
10-11-2005, 08:16 AM
Like Skycat suggested it is good thing to transform the TGA files into for example JPG files because they are consuming less space (one 1027Ӕ768 image in TGA is around 1MB).
ACDSee can also convert image files.

F4U_Flyer
10-11-2005, 10:04 PM
just get fraps , freeware and you can get screenshots , fps , and capture video all in one program . Its well woth it and also very easy to use! ~S~

Low_Flyer_MkII
10-12-2005, 04:38 AM
Another happy FRAPS user here. Saves images as bitmaps so I convert to jpegs to save space.