PDA

View Full Version : Help with MODS...

gsc67
07-16-2007, 05:34 PM
I downloaded the WAC light and the two extra downloads. I saved them to my 7-zip Manager. I made a MODS sub folder under my SHIII main folder. So now there is a Data folder,Doc folder, a picture folder (I put in) and support folder along with all the other non folder stuff. When I read the Generic Mod Enabler it says this ... Install the Generic Mod Enabler to your game's root folder and run once. This will create the appropriate MODS and !BACKUP folders if they do not already exist.
Well folks....I am a down right idiot when it comes to these things and I am clueless. If someone could be kind and patient with me and PM me so you can give me a step by step lead through this. I would be greatful.

Lucky for me the 1.4 patch was automatic !

gsc67
07-16-2007, 05:34 PM
I downloaded the WAC light and the two extra downloads. I saved them to my 7-zip Manager. I made a MODS sub folder under my SHIII main folder. So now there is a Data folder,Doc folder, a picture folder (I put in) and support folder along with all the other non folder stuff. When I read the Generic Mod Enabler it says this ... Install the Generic Mod Enabler to your game's root folder and run once. This will create the appropriate MODS and !BACKUP folders if they do not already exist.
Well folks....I am a down right idiot when it comes to these things and I am clueless. If someone could be kind and patient with me and PM me so you can give me a step by step lead through this. I would be greatful.

Lucky for me the 1.4 patch was automatic !

bunkerratt
07-16-2007, 07:29 PM
just rename your mods folder ...now install the jsgme in the main sh3 folder..it'll make a little gear icon doubleclick the gear ..it'll run the program makeing a MODS folder ..within that folder will be the backup folder ...now take the mod you want to use and install it in the MODS folder then run the jsgme find the mod you want to use and enable it ..exit the program and run sh3/4.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

danurve
07-16-2007, 10:06 PM
gsc67 take a look at this thread for JSGME http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2881085392/m/3461029123

Also sent you a link to a screen shot of a folder example for it.

gsc67
07-16-2007, 10:35 PM
Thanks guys !! Got it all worked out ! Problem was I had the Generic Enabler on the desk top and it was useless... So I deleted it and then downloaded it to the main folder. Then ran it..made me a back up. Then made back ups inside that for the 2.0 lite, 2.15lite add on, and the hot fix. Then ran the enabler and they showed up. sent from one side to the other. I guess now all I need to do is run the game and see. Im just worried about the 768meg of RAM... though my Vid card is top of the line. Running an older dell and I cant run more than a gig. That is why I went with the lite but I guess it will add a bit of pazzazzz. I thank you guys for helping me !!

tuddley3
07-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Let me just say, you will not be disappointed with WAC 2.15, and I hear 3.0 is on the way http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

gsc67
07-16-2007, 11:36 PM
Hmmmm.... Maybe I did not do it right, Thought once it's in the enabler and transfers over its done? right?.. It does not seem any different to me. Except for a Uboat sitting up out of the water dry docked being painted...I never noticed that ever being done before. What should I see right off the bat? Anything about the boat ? I have the lit version dont forget... Thanks