PDA

View Full Version : Fake patch 3.03m for PF ?

VMF223_Smitty
12-25-2004, 08:30 AM
There was a link to a pf_3.03m patch when I checked in this morning. It has since disappeared. Was this a prank and removed or what ?

Smitty

diabloblanco1
12-25-2004, 08:35 AM
Nope it was real/official. I suspect that Willey may have jumped the gun(thanks Willey), but that is just a guess. It was not up in the patch section yet.

Here is the 3.03/3.03m version of the readme file.

README
Pacific Fighters v.3.03 (3.03m)

Warning

The current version 3.03 (3.03m) is not compatible with the previous versions of the game when playing via network. Both the server and client must have appropriate versions of the game in order to connect.

For your convenience we€ve introduced different version numbers for the stand-alone installation and the joint FB+AEP+PF install.
3.03 €" for stand alone PF
3.03m €" for FB+AEP+PF
And of course, the versions 3.03 and 3.03m are not compatible with each other playing via network.

Notes on the Patch Installation

This 3.03 patch may be installed over the previous 3.0 stand alone version.
The 3.03m patch version can only be installed over the merged PF 3.0 install (FB+AEP+PF).

This 3.03 patch maybe installed as well over 3.01(3.01m) or 3.02b(3,02bm) with corresponding installation versions.

To install the patch, run
1) Stand alone PF: PF_patch303.exe and follow the on-screen instructions.

2) Merget install FB+AEP+PF: PF_patch303m.exe and follow the on-screen instructions.

Notice: The new method tested in 3.01 and 3.02 need more work for protection of possible online cheaters. So currently we release such exe file only for dedicated server.

Notice: the main purpose of this patch

The version 3.03 makes compatible online all the language versions that are released or coming soon in several countries.

Main modifications and fixes

3D models

1. More inaccuracies in cockpit gauges are corrected (however still several cockpit changes with some levers and indicators will be available only in the add-on with new planes later).
2. Corrected many minor glitches.

FM and aircraft performance

1. Additional minor individual tuning of flight models and aircraft performance were made (Dive speed F4F for example).
2. Reworked physics model of automatic multi-stage supercharger (most visible result - on FW-190A/F, P-51s and some others).

Other improvements:

1. Multiplay: Corrected on client side the ships damaged. Corrected respawn method for more than one carrier on the dogfight map at once for one army.
2. Improved visibility of some ships, vehicles and columns.
3. Additional fixes for dynamic campaign.
4. Corrected external fuel tanks on Spitfire IX and Spitfire VIII
5. Corrected rocket loadout for Seafire
6. Corrected bomb racks for Spitfire IX
7. Corrected several non-destructable ground vehicles
8. Corrected compass of P-38s

New objects:
1. Static smokes
2. Static fires
3. Static airfield electric lights

VOL_Mountain
12-25-2004, 08:41 AM
Yes, I must say T H A N K S !

This was a fantastic and most unexpected Christmas present.

Merry Christmas All

VMF223_Smitty
12-25-2004, 08:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by diabloblanco1:
Nope it was real/official. I suspect that Willey may have jumped the gun(thanks Willey), but that is just a guess. It was not up in the patch section yet.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Diablo. I thought I was having a Christmas dream. I saw that it was from Willey, downloaded it and scanned it, in case it was a hack.
It was clean, but I will wait to install, just in case it is way premature.

diabloblanco1
12-25-2004, 08:51 AM
The new smoke, fire and light objects are nice additions that we asked for. The lights are a little strange because they are not on the ground like the campfires. It is like they are floating about 10 feet above ground. Still nice additions though.

Mescof1
12-25-2004, 09:02 AM
Saw the post too, but was reluctant to download it. Now it's gone. Guess it was a joke or something?

Saw it wasn't up on the main page and I checked 3dgammers and it wasn't there either.

Mescoff

gbollin
12-25-2004, 09:04 AM
3.03 also makes F2A-2 flyable.

VMF223_Smitty
12-25-2004, 09:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mescof1:
Saw the post too, but was reluctant to download it. Now it's gone. Guess it was a joke or something?

Saw it wasn't up on the main page and I checked 3dgammers and it wasn't there either.

Mescoff <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The link is in the general discussion forum

Bearcat99
12-25-2004, 11:56 AM
I actually removed it and have since replaced it ... I was shocked... had no warning or inkling if it was legit so I didnt want to risk having someone get their rig porked... but it seems to be working. Sorry for the confusion.

VMF223_Smitty
12-25-2004, 12:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bearcat99:
I actually removed it and have since replaced it ... I was shocked... had no warning or inkling if it was legit so I didnt want to risk having someone get their rig porked... but it seems to be working. Sorry for the confusion. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thnaks for the post Bearcat - Thats what I was concerned about. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

There some pretty stupid people out and about and din't want anyone messing with our heads (or porkin' our rigs).

Salute

TX-Bomblast
12-25-2004, 12:24 PM
Where can I down load it? Is it really out???

DuxCorvan
12-25-2004, 12:24 PM
Thank you, Bearcat. You did what you should, so no apologizing. I'm very thankful you worried about us.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

VBF-83_Hawk
12-25-2004, 12:26 PM
ok, how ya turn on the lights?

BlackScorpion11
12-25-2004, 12:44 PM
Here's a link...

http://patches.ubi.com/pacific_fighters/

goshikisen
12-25-2004, 01:09 PM
The Dev Update announcement says that 3.03 and 3.04 are currently "in the works". Seems strange that on the very same day 3.03, which apparently isn't finished yet, is suddenly released with no official fanfare.

Does anyone know if this is the "actual" 3.03? Don't want to install it if we weren't meant to have it just yet.

PF_Coastie
12-25-2004, 01:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bearcat99:
I actually removed it and have since replaced it ... I was shocked... had no warning or inkling if it was legit so I didnt want to risk having someone get their rig porked... but it seems to be working. Sorry for the confusion. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is my take on this.

UBI has done this in the past. I believe that is why they changed thier FTP for PF. I have seen patches in the FTP for days without so much as a word from UBI. My guess is that the web guy was not there and could not make the additions to the site so they just said screw it, we will wait till next week.

Anyway, Thanks to 1C for getting a patch out before the Holidays.

UBI http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif , I will bite my tongue!

Latico
12-25-2004, 02:22 PM
I have only one complaint about these patches. For those of us that are still stuck with Dial-up ISP connection, it means very long DL times. This latest patch is going to take over 5 1/2 hours for me to down load. I guess this will be an over night job while I'm asleep.

I shutter what the DL time will be for the 3.04 patch. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

PF_Coastie
12-25-2004, 02:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Latico:
I have only one complaint about these patches. For those of us that are still stuck with Dial-up ISP connection, it means very long DL times. This latest patch is going to take over 5 1/2 hours for me to down load. I guess this will be an over night job while I'm asleep.

I shutter what the DL time will be for the 3.04 patch. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, That is a bummer Latico. I do have DSL and I would be glad to send you a cd. But by the time I do that, you could DL it! You dont have a friend with High speed or maybe DL at work and burn it to disk there?