PDA

View Full Version : **New Program****Mat Manager v2.36 All in one Installer Link Here**

JG51_Rudel
11-10-2007, 08:53 PM
I am proud to present the IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 Mat Manager Self-Install program. It will install Mat Manager for you v2.36 of course. This basically installs all you need to run Mat Manager v2.36 on your pc. After it installs in will also install the Mat Manager program files and put a shortcut on your desktop too.

The download link:

http://files.filefront.com/Mat+Manager+v236exe/;9014898;/fileinfo.html

The program will install directly to the Ubisoft/IL-2 1946 folder on your harddrive, so you don't need to install all those patches. Now it comes in one easy installer less than 40mb in size.

Procedure after you install the program:

1) Copy your 1946 game's "il2fb.exe" and rename the copy to "il2.exe." (You should now have both versions in your game's main folder. Don't simply rename il2fb.exe or else Hyperlobby and other utilities won't work.)

2) Edit the [Game] section of your game's conf.ini file so that clearcache=0.

3) Go to your PaintSchemes folder and make sure that Cache and NetCache are not 'Read Only.'

4) Customize some MATs and save your changes. Click on the Load tab at the top left corner. Exit IL2-MAT Manager and let the files transfer. Start 1946 and see if the changes appear in the game. For testing purposes, changing the default Japanese insignia to any custom MAT will give very obvious results.

If you have any issues please post them here since this version is only a beta and further testing might be needed.

You can all thank Aces_High_2 for this great program/utility. All i did is made it easier to install.

JG51_Rudel
11-10-2007, 08:53 PM
I am proud to present the IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 Mat Manager Self-Install program. It will install Mat Manager for you v2.36 of course. This basically installs all you need to run Mat Manager v2.36 on your pc. After it installs in will also install the Mat Manager program files and put a shortcut on your desktop too.

The download link:

http://files.filefront.com/Mat+Manager+v236exe/;9014898;/fileinfo.html

The program will install directly to the Ubisoft/IL-2 1946 folder on your harddrive, so you don't need to install all those patches. Now it comes in one easy installer less than 40mb in size.

Procedure after you install the program:

1) Copy your 1946 game's "il2fb.exe" and rename the copy to "il2.exe." (You should now have both versions in your game's main folder. Don't simply rename il2fb.exe or else Hyperlobby and other utilities won't work.)

2) Edit the [Game] section of your game's conf.ini file so that clearcache=0.

3) Go to your PaintSchemes folder and make sure that Cache and NetCache are not 'Read Only.'

4) Customize some MATs and save your changes. Click on the Load tab at the top left corner. Exit IL2-MAT Manager and let the files transfer. Start 1946 and see if the changes appear in the game. For testing purposes, changing the default Japanese insignia to any custom MAT will give very obvious results.

If you have any issues please post them here since this version is only a beta and further testing might be needed.

You can all thank Aces_High_2 for this great program/utility. All i did is made it easier to install.

MrMojok
11-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Well done, Rudel! Thanks for this!

JG51_Rudel
11-10-2007, 09:40 PM
MrMojok

Your welcome,
try it out and let me know if it works for you.

knightflyte
11-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Sweet! I tried last night to get it from the original site, but for some reason Active X 10.2 wouldn't install and I couldn't get the site up properly. (nevermind getting all those updates.)

Active X works on other sites.... just not on last night's.

Anyways. This is very convenient. Thanks Rudel.

zardozid
11-10-2007, 10:40 PM
I have a lot of fun with this IL2 "add-on"...

I have started a thread with a related topic of concern...(which nations need 2 skins and which ones need just one "blank" for all country's)

JG51_Rudel
11-10-2007, 10:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knightflyte:
Sweet! I tried last night to get it from the original site, but for some reason Active X 10.2 wouldn't install and I couldn't get the site up properly. (nevermind getting all those updates.)

Active X works on other sites.... just not on last night's.

Anyways. This is very convenient. Thanks Rudel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just so nobody gets confused, i am the one that created the program, without anyones help.

zardozid
11-10-2007, 11:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just so nobody gets confused, i am the one that created the program, without anyones help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for a really cool program. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

JG51_Rudel
11-11-2007, 12:39 AM
Has anybody downloaded the program and tested it out yet? I am curious to know if its working for you all.

Haigotron
11-11-2007, 12:43 AM
Thanks a million Rudel!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Honestly, up to this point, the only reason that I never tried Mat Manager was the complicated installation that I would always put off. But this is awesome, and I think alot more people will be able to see your work!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks again!!!!!!!

RegRag1977
11-11-2007, 01:52 AM
Thanks Rudel,

It works perfectly: NICE JOB! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

It will be useful for the community, thanks a lot http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Skycat_2
11-11-2007, 12:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG51_Rudel:
Just so nobody gets confused, i am the one that created the program, without anyones help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The all-in-one installer, yes. MAT-Manager and its hundreds of components, no. Just so nobody gets confused. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SeaFireLIV
11-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Many thanks, JG51_Rudel! You just made my life a whole lot sweeter! Also thanks to Skycat_2 for the detailed readme and to Aces for starting it all! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

@Bearcat. I recommened you try it. aircraft markings actually feel a part of the aircraft rather than standing out. All AI are affected offline too. You can have differing styles and even level of dirtiness. For example, you can start in `41 russia with a pristine aircraft and by late `42 have a mucky unwashed looking insignia...

BigC208
11-11-2007, 02:39 PM
Hi Rudel, if what you proclaim here is true I will nominate you for sainthood. The last time I installed it, it took me 3 times and I still don't know what I did different the third time. The program is installing now so I'll let you know. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

bigbossmalone
11-11-2007, 02:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:

@Bearcat. I recommened you try it. . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

JG51_Rudel
11-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Mat Manager is over 200,000 different files and uncompressed its over 750mb.

Thanks to Skycat_2 for the detailed readme(almost forgot to thank him).

Monty_Thrud
11-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Super!, smashing!, terrific!, great!... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

MAT is the dogs danglies, shame ACE didn't complete it.
The Mosquito letterings are still the original IL2 ones, also, the Italian letterings on the 109/190 are too, still a magnificent piece of enhancement for the perfectionist simmers.

But thank you for this Rudel. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

JG51_Rudel
11-11-2007, 03:43 PM
What happened to Aces_High_2?
Did he stop Playing IL-2, or something worse(hope not).

EmKen
11-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Things seem to be going great, but I seem to have the original programmes markings on the planes as well as the new stuff. Also, I followed the instructions up until 4) -I can't find a seperate MAT Manager programme, and thus can't click on a "load tab".
Have I missed something?

EmKen

JG51_Rudel
11-11-2007, 04:05 PM
After you change the settings to the way you want them, click on save, then click on Quit. Now open Mat Manager and click load and launch your game, and see if it works.

SeaFireLIV
11-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Strange. It all installed in one go fine, but the utility won`t recognise my IL2 execute.

Should I have changed the exe before installing ( I did it after), cos nothing I do will let it see the execute. the menu that drops down where it wants me to find IL2.exe, shows the folder where IL2 is, but not the IL2.exe

What am I doing wrong?

Billy_DeLyon
11-11-2007, 04:31 PM
I d/l'd and installed it last night and it went pretty smoothly. I did have 2 issues:

1, Whenever I start MAT up, I get an error message saying "unable to locate il2.exe, please specify path." Even though I did copy and rename the il2fb.exe as instructed, and it's in the default location. I still have to browse to it each time. Not a big problem.

2, The first time I started up 1946 after the MAT install, I went into a QMB to see if it had worked (it did!) and found that all joystick inputs were delayed by about 1 second. That's a problem! But I exited and restarted my computer and it went away... at least mostly. Now I notice that there is a slight delay, just a fraction of a second, between sitck movement and game response. Subtle enough that it may have been there before but now it's bugging me.

Other than that, it's an easy install and went smoothly. And the new markings look great. Thanks for your work, Rudel! Like several others here mentioned, I shied away from MAT because of the abstruse installation process, and you've made it a snap!

MAT does still have one of the worst GUIs I've ever seen. I say that knowing it's nothing to do with Rudel.

And a word of warning to those of you how like to fly "full-switch": MAT may make ID'ing aircraft more difficult, as the new markings don't stand out in such marked contrast from the paintschemes. This is probably more realistic but will make it a little more difficult to discern friend from foe.

Cheers!

Skycat_2
11-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Well, I had to reinstall MAT-Manager anyhow; I just hadn't gotten around to it after reinstalling 1946 about a month ago. So even though I already have the original MAT-Manager and updates as zip files in my archives, I decided to give this a go.

Rudel's installer works as advertised; just make sure that you target it to wherever your 1946 game is installed. (It should be noted that because Rudel's package doesn't have Aces' hook .dll, it shouldn't be installed to any version of IL-2 FB prior to v3.03m; Use Aces' original downloads.)

My original advice for Vista users is to install MAT-Manager (as well as 1946) outside of the Program Files folder. I wasn't paying attention and I violated my own advice when it came time to finalize the process and activate the MAT-Manager. I accidently let it install to the default target of "C:/Program Files/IL-2 MAT Manager." My first attempt to use the program generated an error message and then my changes wouldn't save, so I knew I had messed up...

So I ended up having to uninstall MAT-Manager through Windows control panel. Fortunately for me, uninstalling still leaves all of the .MAT files in the game's main folder so all I had to do was apply Aces' last update to reinstall MAT-Manager...this time, outside of Program Files of course. Still, I was able to bypass the other first two updates so the process went a little smoother than normal.

Make sure there is a ClearCache=0 line under [game] in your conf.ini. You may have to add this line yourself.

Rudel, my advice to making this download better is to include a brief ReadMe file that explains:
- This installer can be used for FB 3.03m and later; to be safe, perhaps recommend that it is used with 1946 only.
- Vista users should install MAT-Manager (and 1946) outside Program Files to ensure this works.
- Include the important advice to add/edit the ClearCache=0 line under [game] in the conf.ini.
- I'm not sure if your program adds a copy of il2.exe; maybe I already had it in my 1946 folder. If your installer does not add this, advise to copy il2fb.exe and rename.

Also, it appears that you have ommitted Aces' manual that describes how to use MAT-Manager. My opinion is that MAT-Manager only looks intimidating but once you begin to use it it becomes fairly intuitive. A simple introduction to getting started might be:

1) Start MAT-Manager.
2) Choose the location of your FB/1946 game if prompted.
3) At the setup screen, you can easily make global changes by selecting a preset tab at the top of teh menu.
4) Save your changes using the Save button near the center of the setup screen.
5) Exit MAT-Manager and allow the program to load the changes.
6) Start FB/1946.

Skycat_2
11-11-2007, 05:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
Strange. It all installed in one go fine, but the utility won`t recognise my IL2 execute.

Should I have changed the exe before installing ( I did it after), cos nothing I do will let it see the execute. the menu that drops down where it wants me to find IL2.exe, shows the folder where IL2 is, but not the IL2.exe
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
When I installed Aces' version, I always made the copy of the .exe before I installed MAT-Manager. I made a point not to do it with Rudel's installer (because I wanted to see if following his instructions to the letter made a difference) but I ended up with a copy of il2.exe in my folder anyhow. Did I put it there at an earlier time? I don't know.

Anyhow, just select the main game folder. You don't have to navigate deeper and actually target the il2.exe; MAT-Manager will find it as long as it knows where your game folder is.

Skycat_2
11-11-2007, 05:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EmKen:
Things seem to be going great, but I seem to have the original programmes markings on the planes as well as the new stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
First, are you using custom skins that have markings painted on? If you load MATs over a fully painted scheme that should be played with markings turned off, you'll see wierd stuff like two sets of national markigns on the wings or numbers covering other numbers.

If you are using a default 'blank' skin, then you may be seeing a mix of Aces' MATs and the default MATs. If you simply use the presets at the top of the setup screen, your insignias may be the new kind but fuselage numbers remain default, depending on the nationality you are flying. Further customize in the main area of the setup screen.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also, I followed the instructions up until 4) -I can't find a seperate MAT Manager programme, and thus can't click on a "load tab".
Have I missed something?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Rudel's installer should have put a shortcut icon on your desktop. Click on that to open the MAT-Manager program. Choose your customizations, Save, and exit the program. You may also be able to load your changes directly after saving (without exiting MAT-Manager) but I can't confirm this at this time.

rickster3459
11-11-2007, 05:28 PM
I have Rudel's program downloaded,my il2exe installed,NetCache=0,and it still can't find my 1946 folder.I hid my Cache and NetCache files,as well.

SeaFireLIV
11-11-2007, 05:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skycat_2:

Anyhow, just select the main game folder. You don't have to navigate deeper and actually target the il2.exe; MAT-Manager will find it as long as it knows where your game folder is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was doing this and it still wasn`t having it. then I went back to the IL2exe and named it just `IL2` instead of IL2.exe, and redirected it to the IL2 game folder then it worked. Try it, rickster3459.

You`re right. This version still makes things at least 80% easier with no faffing at all (except for my error). All it needs now is an additional little readme as you described and it`ll be perfect.

rickster3459
11-11-2007, 05:59 PM
I got it working,as well,I went into my Windows tools at the page top,and made all of my extensions(exe,etc)visible.I then renamed il2.exe again and it finally worked.

JG51_Rudel
11-11-2007, 06:31 PM
This version is a Beta, my next one will have all the bells and whistles that is required to run the program including a readme file. Also IL-2 hook will be available in the next version.

rickster3459
11-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks,Rudel.

erco415
11-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Sorry guys, where do I find the exe? I've got everything else done, just can't find the exe. When I try to open Mat Manager, it says: "Unable to locate il2.exe or pf.exe. You need to specify your FB or PF installation path." Also (fyi), I had to add the clearcache=0 to my conf file.
Thanks, erco

Skycat_2
11-11-2007, 10:12 PM
The .exe is in your game's main folder. Look for an icon named il2fb ... then make a copy of it and rename the copy to il2.

Next, start MAT-Manager. When you are prompted to specify the location of your game, click on the button next to address bar and highlight the location of your game folder. By default, 1946 is located at "C:\UbiSoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946" or something like that; other versions of the game will have similar paths. Navigate until you have selected the IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 folder; if you are using a different version of the game just find the folder that corresponds (Pacific Fighters or IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles).

EURO_Snoopy
11-12-2007, 05:12 AM
MAT Manager self install version (http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=3117) was uploaded to M4T yesterday, so I thought I would let Aces know about the new interest generated in IL-2 MAT. Aces wrote back:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm delighted that JG51_Rudel has made the installer, he has done an excellent job, congratulations to him and all involved and I believe that this has greatly improved the install procedure and will help folks enjoy using the program.

I've not been around much and due to some serious RL issues over the last couple of years I've not really had much time to spend with my hobbies. What free time I've had had been spent over the course of the last year working on a mamoth movie project which I'm hoping to complete sometime in the new year. If anyone's interested I put together a small sampler trailer some while back but have added much new material since then.

http://combat-asylum.com/uploads/downloads/video/Aces_Movie_Trailer.wmv

I'd be much obliged if you would post the above message on M4T and any other forums that have news of the installer and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all concerned in the production of the installer and hosting the file download and IL-2 MAT Manager users for sticking with the program over all these years.

Sincere best wishes

Leigh (Aces) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TgD Thunderbolt56
11-12-2007, 08:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Sincere best wishes

Leigh (Aces) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back at ya Aces. Looking forward to the movie and hope all is well with you.

erco415
11-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Hi All, Still can't get MM to work. I've copied and renamed the exe (thanks Skycat_2), and done everything else, but no joy. I can open MM and make whatever changes, and when I go to close the program it says it's transferring files but in game it's the same old markings. A few questions: First, I went and made sure the Cache and NetCache weren't read only, but every time I go back and check them, they have again become read only - what have I missed to make the change permanent? Second, do I need to do anything else to enable the Hakencruz for the Luftwaffe fighters? I'd agree that the gui could use some help. Thanks again, erco

Skycat_2
11-12-2007, 10:36 AM
The Hawks-n-Clots (http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif) is enabled automatically if you apply one of the presets at the top of the menu. There is also a pull-down menu in almost dead center and slightly upwards, that allows you to choose large, small or no Hakenkreuz.

It does seem logical that the problem you're having is caused by the properties on your cache folders. Are you using Vista? Is 1946 in the default Program Files folder?

erco415
11-12-2007, 10:51 AM
Hi Skycat_2, I'm running XP and 46 is in the default position in the program files folder. Thanks also for the word on the 'hawks-n-clots' http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif That's what I've done, just wanted to be sure. Is it perhaps significant that I had to add the clearcache=0 to the conf? Thanks, erco

Doolittle81
11-12-2007, 10:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EURO_Snoopy:
... Aces wrote back:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">... What free time I've had had been spent over the course of the last year working on a mamoth movie project which I'm hoping to complete sometime in the new year. If anyone's interested I put together a small sampler trailer some while back but have added much new material since then.

http://combat-asylum.com/uploads/downloads/video/Aces_Movie_Trailer.wmv

...Leigh (Aces) </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Euro_Snoopy: Please suggest to Aces that he consider posting the link to his trailer over at the UBI Movie-Maker Forum. His project is clearly a massive one covering land, sea (and undersea), and air operations. I'm sure the experienced movie-makers would be available to discuss his project and might be able to offer valuable advice and 'lessons-learned' from years of movie-making. The movie-making artform and the 'state-of-the-art' in PC game-engine graphics have evolved extremely rapidly over the past 2 years. I would refer anyone interested in the graphics aspect to visit these Submarine simulation sites/threads to view undoctored(no photo manipulation) screencaptures from Silent Hunter 4(in its latest Mod'ed form). Silent Hunter SubSim Screencaptures (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6421019045/m/7711025306/p/3)
More Silent Hunter 4 captures (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=108977&page=66)
Any movies made involving Naval actions would be benefit greatly from the use of such state-of-the-art graphics.

As a side note, I'm hoping that SOW:BofB will include such state-of-the-art sea/water/explosive FX-graphics for the Channel naval aspects of BofB....and land/air explosions as well, of course. The "Perfect" water of IL2 is nice...but time marches on in PC graphics (software and hardware), as we all know.

Anyway, please pass on the invitation to Aces to join the Movie-makers here at the UBI Movie-makers Forum (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=frm&s=400102&f=65710358)

Skycat_2
11-12-2007, 11:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by erco415:
Is it perhaps significant that I had to add the clearcache=0 to the conf? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
XP isn't a mother hen like Vista is, so your installation of 1946 should be fine under Program Files.

The fact that you had to add the ClearCache=0 line isn't representative of anything. I don't think it is in the conf.ini by default, and the instructions to add/edit that line comes from Leigh's user guide for MAT-Manager.

Somehow there has to be a way to make your changes to the 'Read Only' boxes stick. I'd take this question to Community Help and present it as a specific question.

Haigotron
11-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Im having similar issues with my MAT manager, my damn folders won't stay read-only, I was wondering is there a way to use the MAT's w/o the manager?

Aces_High_2
11-13-2007, 02:13 AM
Greeting folks,

Thank you Skycat et. al. for all the assistance you have kindly been giving to others.

For those folks with the Read Only not staying un-selected on folders problem please have a look at this Microsoft help article entitled "You Cannot View or Change the Read-Only or System Attribute of Folders" particularly regarding the use of the DOS "attrib" command, it might help.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=326549

Also please check that your Windows XP account is an "Administrator" account, perhaps check this first before attempting the attrib command. I have never experienced this problem with MAT Manager and XP, for me removing Read Only attribute from BOTH the "Regiments" and "Cache" folders "sticks". Both of these folders must not be Read Only as MAT Manager copies MAT files from sub-folders of the CoopRegt folder -&gt; into the Cache folder and copies TGA (graphics) files from sub-folders of the Regiments folder -&gt; into the main Regiments folder if either (or both) of these two folders is set to Read Only the copy will fail with an error.

MAT Manager doesn't copy any files into the [b]Netcache folder.

Hope this helps, please let me know.

Doolittle thanks for the info I'll swing by the Movie Making forum ASAP. If you'll excuse the pun this is a "flying" visit. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Best regards to all

Leigh (Aces)

Aces_High_2
11-14-2007, 02:12 AM
Bump for anyone with the Read Only problem.

Regards

Aces

SeaFireLIV
11-14-2007, 05:19 AM
Thnx for the utility and all the help! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Aces_High_2
11-14-2007, 06:08 AM
My pleasure mate, I'm only sorry that I had to down tools eventually but who knows, one day http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Cheers

Leigh

rickster3459
11-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Hi everybody,I'm running into a problem again.When I load markings,I get an error message saying run time error 70,access denied,then i get the loadup bar in my desktop.Then what i have to do to get rid of the loadup bar is to log off the computer and start all over again.I think it may have something to do with my Cache,Regiment files?How should I have these setup?Thanks. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Metatron_123
11-17-2007, 08:16 PM
Thanks for this program guys...it should be great if I manage to set it up!
I have the read only attribute problem too. I read the advice in the link but I can't seem to get it right. Can someone explain what the exact command should be? Please? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

JRJacobs
11-18-2007, 03:47 PM
the menu that drops down where it wants me to find IL2.exe, shows the folder where IL2 is, but not the IL2.exe

What am I doing wrong? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
copy your il2fb.exe and rename it il2.exe
all is one with the universe

slipBall
11-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Any chance that this program will work on the vehicle's in game?....namely the chevy medical truck http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Aces_High_2
11-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Hi folks,

For those having problem with removing read only for folders here's a step-by step instructions.

1. click on windows "start" menu
2. click on "Run"
3. in the box where it says "open" type "cmd" (without the quotes)
4. when the dos box appears type the following:

cd c:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\PaintSchemes

in the above example you should substitute the correct path to your games folder if it is not installed on C drive in the default folder path as per the above example. Make sure to add the PaintSchemes bit to the end.

and hit the "enter/return" key on your keyboard

5. When the path displayed changes to the above type the following without the quotes "attrib -r Regiments"

and hit the enter/return key

6. then type

"attrib -r Cache" again without the quotes and hit the enter/return key

That's it. I downloaded the new installer and ran in here on a works PC and then ran MAT Manager, made a few markings changes and then exited and I never had the Read Only problem so it would appear that there's nothing wrong with the files zipped in the installer being zipped as read only.

Please try the above.

Also please remember to add the ClearCache=0 command to the [game] section of your conf.ini else you will not see any MAT Manager markings.

Regards

Aces

Edit, I'm afraid that vehicle markings cannot be changed as the skins with them on are hard-coded into the game.

Metatron_123
11-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Thank you.

Aces_High_2
11-19-2007, 02:32 PM
My pleasure, I hope it does the trick for you.

Best Regards

Aces

rickster3459
11-19-2007, 02:44 PM
Thanks Aces,I'll try that when I have the time. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

erco415
11-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Thanks a million Aces! I owe you a cold one some day! I did what you said and it worked. I didn't know just how better the markings would look. Thanks again! erco

Aces_High_2
11-21-2007, 01:49 AM
Hiya,

My pleasure, I'm very pleased it did the trick, thanks for letting me know. I love a happy ending. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Have fun.

Cheers

Aces

PS. I'll save the cold one for the summer if that's okay, being a Brit we're used to warm beer LOL http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tab_Flettner
11-22-2007, 09:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">being a Brit we're used to warm beer LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lucas Refrigerators
(sorry, couldn't resist)

Fubar1Niner
12-29-2007, 10:30 AM
Ace.
I'm really flumoxed here, tried the attrib -r trick but Cache still remains read only ????? I even tried deleting the Cache dir and creating a new but still a no go. On the good side it did fix regiments dir tho..... go figure ?
Any clues as to why it works for one dir and not the other, Cache dir is empty, perhaps ?
Any and all help much appreciated.

Best regards.
Fubar1Niner

*EDIT*

Seems regiments didn't change either altho now I put a test.txt file into cache at least it gives the change all files folders etc. to undo read only. Still no go tho........http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

PS also posted on Airwarfare forum.

Haigotron
12-29-2007, 10:32 AM
hey fubar,

even is you recheck your folder properties, it will still have the weird box for read-only, but rest assured that your folders have been changed after you did the whole attrib -r procedure.

also make sure you wrote ClearCache with capital Cs, i also made that mistake... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Fubar1Niner
12-30-2007, 06:26 AM
Thanks for the help Haigotron http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif
Seems it's working now, kind of. Perhaps you can answer another ? for me. If you change 'Pacific Early War' national markings for Japanese to S.Korea does it change all Jap planes insignia to star in a crcle? Reason I ask is cos I only see it change in some Jap A/C. So I'm still not sure if this is working as it should http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif Just a thought on Mat Manager itself, a readme or user guide of some sorts would be real nice the GUI is kinda real busy for a noob, just in case Ace is listening http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Best regards

Fuba1Niner

Mysticpuma2003
12-30-2007, 09:00 AM
When I click on the link it just takes me to the filefront homepage.

Where do I find the download?

Cheers, MP.

flyingloon
12-30-2007, 12:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mysticpuma2003:

Cheers, MP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
help would be appreciated here as well, just go through to homepage as well...

zardozid
12-30-2007, 12:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fubar1Niner:
Thanks for the help Haigotron http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif
Seems it's working now, kind of. Perhaps you can answer another ? for me. If you change 'Pacific Early War' national markings for Japanese to S.Korea does it change all Jap planes insignia to star in a crcle? Reason I ask is cos I only see it change in some Jap A/C. So I'm still not sure if this is working as it should http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif Just a thought on Mat Manager itself, a readme or user guide of some sorts would be real nice the GUI is kinda real busy for a noob, just in case Ace is listening http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Best regards

Fuba1Niner </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i don't know if this helps, but some japanese airplanes have the Hinomaru painted on the skin. so it wouldn't/couldn't change...

Haigotron
12-30-2007, 02:17 PM
hey fubar, alas, i dont know the solution to that one, but I think zardozid is onto something http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

EURO_Snoopy
12-30-2007, 04:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flyingloon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mysticpuma2003:

Cheers, MP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
help would be appreciated here as well, just go through to homepage as well... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MAT Manager is available from M4T (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=3117)

(the link was on page 2 of this thread ya know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif)