PDA

View Full Version : Voice Buddy does not work in PF, why?

thjreggae
01-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Ok so I have PF, TIR3pro, and it rocks...
but using Voice Buddy I can hear commands from the PF profile that I created,(edited IL2 Sturm) but voice commands do not activate, Remove Chocks, Flaps up, you name it nothing happens http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
Can any of you guys help?
THANKS.

Diablo310th
01-12-2005, 08:11 AM
I'm having the same problem but haven't ahd teh time to work it out yet. 310thDizz has it working if you can catch him online some time or contact him.

thjreggae
01-12-2005, 10:26 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif okey dokey, the search begins! I was kinda hoping a Mod would have the answer!

jamesdietz
01-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Oh boy - Am I going thru the ringer trying to get this to work properly- Have e-demensional support trying to help, but so far haven't got much improvemant( they want me to do a complete re-install of game!!!)...Its way too remenisant of the 3-D glasses that I had to send back some years ago...Good idea ,but didn't seem to fit with my setup..

Dizz_310th
01-12-2005, 11:19 AM
I'm not sure if I can be of much help. I don't use VB for things like gear, flaps etc. I use it primarily for voice commands to AI so I essentially ditched all the commands VB put in and set up my own custom commands. It took me about six hours to do it! It seems odd it doesn't recognize any commands tho...I assume you installed the core program and then added the FB add-ons properly? Try adding a command yourself...something simple like raise flaps, and see if that is recognized. Also, double check in the command manager that it's mapping the proper keys to what you have setup in FB.

jamesdietz
01-12-2005, 12:20 PM
I can get it to do most things , but I can never get it to :activate orders" & pull up the com screen...other times it does different things with commands than it should ...sometimes Flaps up results in flaps up ..other times it sets Autopilot automation set " whatever that is..." Brakes on"initiates full throttle & autopilot...finally with no input ayt all I'll get an audio response of "snap view on" which promptly turns off TrackIR 4! This last one is most irritating as it happens in Combat & occurs over & over like a skipping record...Still no easy answere from Edemensional... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Dizz_310th
01-12-2005, 01:15 PM
James,
Have you trained the program to make sure it properly adapts to your speech patterns? Also, make sure the microphone level is set so distortion doesn't produce false commands. For those odd commands, you may have to go into the command manager and train those individual commands separately. Consistancy is important. I've noticed there is a difference in the way I say "help" when training, and "HEEELP" when I'm actually on line and getting my six flamed! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

As far as the activate orders go...I don't use it and instead programmed in all of the multiple commands available for the AI. Example, to get flight one to attack bombers, I simply say "one bombers". That issues commands Tab,2,4 and it's done. I know, it's a lot of work, but it sure helps with the immersion factor.

Stanger_361st
01-12-2005, 02:04 PM
First off is you Pacific Fighters installed on D:drive or C:drive? If game is installed on D:drive, you have to do a workaround which I had to figure out myself. Tech support was useless with this.

seetheflash
01-12-2005, 02:16 PM
the most important thing is to make sure VB is installed to the same drive as PF. They are working on fixing it so it doesn't matter if you partition your drives, but for right now make sure that you do. Also make sure you have the litvak profile selected initially.

Stanger_361st
01-12-2005, 08:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seetheflash:
the most important thing is to make sure VB is installed to the same drive as PF. They are working on fixing it so it doesn't matter if you partition your drives, but for right now make sure that you do. Also make sure you have the litvak profile selected initially. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You do not have to install to C: Drive their is a workaround. I pointed it out to Edemision.

Diablo310th
01-13-2005, 06:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stanger_361st:
First off is you Pacific Fighters installed on D:drive or C:drive? If game is installed on D:drive, you have to do a workaround which I had to figure out myself. Tech support was useless with this. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stranger....I bet that's my problem. I have IL2 installed to F: drive.

Stanger_361st
01-13-2005, 06:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Diablo310th:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stanger_361st:
First off is you Pacific Fighters installed on D:drive or C:drive? If game is installed on D:drive, you have to do a workaround which I had to figure out myself. Tech support was useless with this. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stranger....I bet that's my problem. I have IL2 installed to F: drive. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The workaround is to make a copy of your User folder and sub directorys to Chttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifrive.
Example would be to copy whole gane to C:drive and delete all the files in the C:drive except the User Directory and Sub directory. Or you can make that same path in C:drive with the User files and sub Directory files.
Voice buddy looks at All.ini,( tells what profile to look at.) Then it goes to your profile Diretory under Users.
Only problem you will run into will be to copy that User Directory if you change your game profile or key Settings at any time.

I told Edemisional if they can fix the program so it see a FB install in any other drive then C:. So until then I use this fix.
Hope this helps.

jamesdietz
01-13-2005, 09:11 AM
I have had everything in C:drive since installbut still have problems ( see above..somewhere) Help from Edemensional Support comforting but not helpful in solving problems( so far...) This is a little nuts...should one have to be a computer expert to get a add-on like this to work properly? Shouldn't Beta testers have solved niggling problems like this before we shell out money for it, then have to spend ridiculous amounts of time trying to get our games & computers to accept it?Was it simply designed for CFS with the hope it would work with Ubisofts products as well??? Inquiring minds want to know because I'm within a day or two of putting it all back in the box,taping it up & sending it back.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Stanger_361st
01-13-2005, 09:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamesdietz:
I have had everything in C:drive since installbut still have problems ( see above..somewhere) Help from Edemensional Support comforting but not helpful in solving problems( so far...) This is a little nuts...should one have to be a computer expert to get a add-on like this to work properly? Shouldn't Beta testers have solved niggling problems like this before we shell out money for it, then have to spend ridiculous amounts of time trying to get our games & computers to accept it?Was it simply designed for CFS with the hope it would work with Ubisofts products as well??? Inquiring minds want to know because I'm within a day or two of putting it all back in the box,taping it up & sending it back.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you have a different problem. Yours seem to be voice recognition. I know The voice engine with Buddy is the best I have seen. A good microphone goes along ways with this. Also when I am using voice Buddy, headset for the game sounds seem to be a must. Sorry cant help with your problem.

jamesdietz
01-13-2005, 09:32 AM
I've got official VB mic & headphones...but I think its on a "Dog hearing "set-up...It hears commands beyond the range of human ear....???

Aaron_GT
01-13-2005, 10:59 AM
I bought Voice Buddy but found it hard to work with. In the end I downloaded Shoot. The voice recognition part is the same .NET code as far as I can tell. Shoot can't (as far as I know) emit the underlying commands in the way that Voice Buddy does (if there is a way of making Shoot do that I'd love to know) so if you change your command set up in IL2 you need to hand edit your Shoot profile too.

thjreggae
01-13-2005, 03:45 PM
Ok listen y'all, I have spent 12 hours trying to get Voice Buddy to work in PF. My current progress is based on making sure of the following.
1. All on C:\ drive
2. If you have a Creative Sound Live/Audigy card, uncheck the mute switch in the audiomixer for the line out mic
3. Download the IL2 fix from Edimensional, this is necessary if Lily litvak is not on your pilot roster. Watch for the All.ini notepad mistake. If you copy exactly as Edimens suggests you get a pilot called Lily Voiceu200Buddy Litvak=, if you leave in the \ you get lily voice buddy litvak.
4. I am convinced that the network voice activation panel in PF is screwed. Try a test and even with max sensitivity, my offical AudioFX force headset cannot register good input levels.
5. Edimens say that if your commands down activate but are heard, then the mapping is incorrect, well... considering all the mappings start with {IL2} {hotkey} etc and in the VB active screen you can only select a IL2 or ILFB profile, methinks the PF support requires a {PF} {hotkey} command root. Edimens do not recommend which edition profile to use. Any thoughts? I have used ILFB thus far.
6. The uninstall/install option is next, I am going to try this next, but frankly having spent alot of bucks on this co-promoted enterprise from Edimens,TrackIR and PF, I expected more support.
7. I am pissed, but when I find the solution, you can be sure you guys will get to hear of it first. I'm off to scour some more Flight Sim forums!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

jamesdietz
01-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Ditto ...have received & sent much email to Barabra at edemensional support & her fix is to do a complete reinstall of FB/PF...This is something I definately do not want to do...

thjreggae
01-14-2005, 12:02 AM
James, I have spent several hours doing the following...
1. complete uninstall
2. defrag Drive C:
3. Reinstall PF, VB, VB edition
I have found the following problems...
The VB edition CD generates errors on the log error 1 5249 or something, repeatedly. I downloaded the VB IL2 edition from Edimens and bingo! no errors. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif...
BUT now I have noticed that when voice buudy Litvak is selected, I lose joystick use in the mission!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. I am convinced this may be connected to the problem. I am using the good old MS Sidewinder FF2 via XP pro SP2. I cannot find a way to get this to work!!! All the other pilots do not have this problem. Can Barbara at Edimens comment, or don,y you have the same problems. Good luck... cos now I'm really pissed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

visible_damage
01-14-2005, 03:38 AM
I too had some problems with VB, I noticed that my mike went into sleep mode when loading a mission. I just tabbed out and turned it back on and all was ok. Some commands do seem to be screwed tho, for instance bail out is actually cockpit view ??? not a problem though as I use the normal keyboard procedure for that anyway. In reply to the orders being issued, if you bring up the menu with the "TAB" key as usual and then issue through VB mine works ok. EG ..
TAB then "order one" "order two" and so on.

thjreggae when you open voice buddy the menu shows which IL2 user is being "read" from the game, here you can test commands and it tells you if it's recognised and plays the command back, if you look in the log file it shows this..........

Voice Buddy opened on: Fri Jan 14 10:07:00 2005

IL-2: loaded 50 element(s) from "IL-2KeyEquivalents.txt"
IL-2: loaded 274 element(s) from "C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\Users\doe\settings.ini"

Loading "IL2FB_Commands.txt"
IL-2: WARNING -> key "mouseleft" is not handled
loaded 368 command(s)

And my command.......

Recognized: "Start engine"
Confidence: Start - HIGH (32104.000000), engine - HIGH (53973.000000)
Command: KEYS:{IL2-INI;[HotKey pilot]AIRCRAFT_TOGGLE_ENGINE}
Warning: could not send keys since receiving window of "IL-2 Forgotten Battles" is not opened.

Notice that the command has been recognised but warns that it could not be sent as IL2 not running, normal behaviour so check this is ok, if it is it shows that your voice is being recognised which is a start. I had VB running on Win ME and it states that it's not compatible !!!! Do you have flight simulator? Does it work ok in that ?

visible_damage
01-14-2005, 05:45 AM
Just gave VB a good test in PF, the commands I issued worked ok, I did do a clean install of IL2 FB, AEP, PF two days ago tho, dunno if this has or hasn't got anything to do with it. As I said in my previous post some commands seem to be confused but for the most part all is ok. I only use VB as a realism mod anyway, when your sat in a burning cockpit you don't just sit there shouting eject eject eject and wait to get flung out of the aircraft !
One more thing, it might be advisable NOT to burp down the mic, voice recognition for a burp is eject !!!

thjreggae
01-15-2005, 07:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by visible_damage:
I too had some problems with VB, I noticed that my mike went into sleep mode when loading a mission. I just tabbed out and turned it back on and all was ok. Some commands do seem to be screwed tho, for instance bail out is actually cockpit view ??? not a problem though as I use the normal keyboard procedure for that anyway. In reply to the orders being issued, if you bring up the menu with the "TAB" key as usual and then issue through VB mine works ok. EG ..
TAB then "order one" "order two" and so on.

thjreggae when you open voice buddy the menu shows which IL2 user is being "read" from the game, here you can test commands and it tells you if it's recognised and plays the command back, if you look in the log file it shows this..........

Voice Buddy opened on: Fri Jan 14 10:07:00 2005

IL-2: loaded 50 element(s) from "IL-2KeyEquivalents.txt"
IL-2: loaded 274 element(s) from "C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\Users\doe\settings.ini"

Loading "IL2FB_Commands.txt"
IL-2: WARNING -> key "mouseleft" is not handled
loaded 368 command(s)

And my command.......

Warning: could not send keys since receiving window of "IL-2 Forgotten Battles" is not opened.

Notice that the command has been recognised but warns that it could not be sent as IL2 not running, normal behaviour so check this is ok, if it is it shows that your voice is being recognised which is a start. I had VB running on Win ME and it states that it's not compatible !!!! Do you have flight simulator? Does it work ok in that ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Precisely my problem

which is the edition window for PF, as this means you also cannot start the engines. which edition do you use for PF, IL2 or ILFB?

jamesdietz
01-15-2005, 10:47 AM
Finally the last word ( to me) from Edimesional Support:

posted Sat January 15 2005 09:19
Latest word from Edimensional:
We cannot duplicate this issue. So, I am out of recommendations. There is no reason why you should he b=having a problem. We will be releasing VB 2.5 later this month that will give you every game edition we have in a single pack and we are making some changes that will affect IL2 installation to work around the IL2 anomaly. If you care to wait for that upgrade it may help with your situation. It will be free to all VB 2.0 registered users.

Thank you,
Barbara
Advanced Tech Support
eDimensional, Inc.
www.edimensional.com/kbase.php (http://www.edimensional.com/kbase.php)

thjreggae
01-15-2005, 02:45 PM
I got this reply from Edimens...
Thank you for the additional information. We have sold thousands of IL-2 editions in the last few months since it's release. We have 99.99% of people up and running perfectly fine. We are sorry you do not but we know the program works great on just about every computer. Almost every software product has a small type of problem, and it's programers have work to resolve it. This is what our programmers are doing now. Unfortunately we still haven't replicated the issue since it isn't happening on many other computers but we are working to do the file in a different format to try to eliminate any of the problems externally. We will be issuing an update shortly.

Kind Regards,

Nathan
Support Team
eDimensional, Inc.

I replied with...
I believe you, but answer the question...
Which window do you choose in Pacific Fighters stand alone? I am slowly realising that the only way to solve this problem is to do a IL2 and ILFB/ACEP install.
Question 1. have you tried VB on a PF stand alone rig with XP SP2 and found it to work? if yes then answer the question... which window do we choose IL2 or ILFB within VB IL2 edition????
Question 2. Of the thousands of happy customers with VB, how many use it for activating commands?
Question 3. Why has another PF user been jettisoned by Edimensional, ref Jamesdietz and Babara? surely if we are having problems, the solution is to understand our plight as well, because perhaps I can argue that the heavy co-marketing of your product for PF was a little premature, on the PF Forum on Ubisoft, your thousands of happy VB users are in the distinct minority, Only 1 user has got it to activate commands.
Question4. Is your IL2 Fix correct? in the instructions it states change All.ini by adding Lily voice\u200b buddy litvak= which creates a pilot called Lily voice u200b buddy Litvak, is this the pilot that works? because I have chosen to leave this disparity out...
Thanks
So a question for all you happy PF/Voice buddy users out there, which edition do you use to get Voice Buddy activating engines and canopys?, are James and I the lowly 0.001% of losers? I resent the suggestion that somehow, our problems are imaginary, and cannot be replicated on their rigs....
Can anyone at Ubisoft shed some light?
I'm off to write a letter to PCGAMER as i'm so pissed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Aaron_GT
01-15-2005, 03:15 PM
The problems you have been having sound pretty much identical to the ones I've had with VB and PF. Shoot works fine with PF, just more of a hassle to initially set up.

Talos2005
01-15-2005, 10:10 PM
Voice Buddy 2.0 for PF, Buy or Not Buy?
Hello, thjreggae and other posters! I could read through all the threads you kindly contributed. I am TrackIR3.0Pro user, and thinking for implementing Voice Budy2.0 IL2Edition to deliver commands to my AI mates.
I am not in the position to criticize its distributor, everybody has a say anyway, but my impression for this product is that currently some minor problems exist in case using for PF at least. Might it be better to wait for the release of Voice Buddy 2.5 which eDimensional people could fix the bugs?
Please let me listen to your frank opinions if possible.

Kind Regards,

thjreggae
01-16-2005, 02:47 AM
Dear Talos2005 and any other users, go ahead and take the risk, if you intend to use it only to contact your AI buddies. I gather that it works quite well. My problem appears to be connected to a bug when loading the voice buddy pilot. This prevents me from using voice commands to remove chocks, start engines, raise flaps or gear etc. another issue, if you have a PF stand alone install, I suspect you will run into the same problems. I am going to re-install with IL2 and FB in an attempt to get the **** thing to work! Good Luck, remember you always have E-Dimensional's 30 day money back guarantee, which I am very close to applying for...

thjreggae
01-17-2005, 03:23 PM
Edimensional wrote...
The sidewinder isn\'t disabled, it was just setup to use the other IL-2 user. It
just needs to be installed now that the Litvak user is in there. It\'s just
something that requires an extra step. So set the joystick back up and that
will work fine. We have a new version coming soon that will fix the C drive
issue and some other smaller ones perhaps. Until then all of our current fixes
have been given to you and there are no more fixes that we have. Every other
edition has never had any problems. I don\'t know what else to tell you but to
wait on the update I suppose.
Regards,
Nathan
Support Team eDimensional, Inc. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif
To which I replied...

Dear Nathan, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
I am pleased to provide additional information which your team can work on.
1. I purchased IL2 Forgotten Battles today and installed it in a separate folder on the same C:\, my AEP is being shipped as we speak. this is because on the PF Forum, most guys have the PF/FB/AEP install.
2. I changed the user ALL.ini files as per your fix, because despite having the voice buddy edition running with the ILFB window active, LILY did not exist in my pilot roster.
3. I setup the Joystick etc and ran the game.... Voice Buddy was working! I had full functionality, Starting engines, fuel mixtures!!!! the sense of relief was ... well off the planet
4. I setup the joystick in PF as per your suggestion, and guess what?
I can activate most commands, Start Engine, prop, fuel mix, lock tail wheel, but stubbornly the joystick refuses to move. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif THIS IS PROGRESS HOWEVER
5. I conclude the following.
At no time did Pilot LILY load correctly from the CD edition, I had to apply the fix from your website. The website notepad text for LILY still needs to be looked at, because if you follow your suggested script on the website, you end up with Lily "voiceu2000buddy"Litvak= , as the pilot. Now I don't know how crucial these numbers and the = sign is to Voice Buddy ALL.ini, but it sure as hell MIGHT make a difference.
I have identified in my opinion a definite problem with the Voice Buddy CD IL2 edition (Failure to load Voicebuddy Litvak) as shipped, (why else would you have a provided a fix? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif ) and between MS Sidewinder FF2 joystick (now obsolete) and Voice Buddy IL2 edition. Can you guys now work on this? I am going to try some other ALL.ini configurations which might beat y'all to it... I am off to PF forum to give the good news to Jamesdietz, if he hasn't already sent his VB rig back to you and claimed his 30 day refund
Thjreggae... now kicking *** in IL Forgotten Battles at least! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

So JAMESDIETZ if you're still checking in, you might want to see if your IL2 edition was on CD, if so apply the fix, and secondly, select setup from Start>Program Files>UbiSoft-PF-setup
and confirm your sound card, and joystick settings have not been changed. I still cannot get full PF Voice Buddy functionality, but I shall keep trying!
Thjreggae http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

woofiedog
01-17-2005, 09:45 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif Thank's for the info... thjreggae! I'm getting my set-up this week.
Hopefully there will be more answers from E-Dimensionnal's staff.

thjreggae
01-18-2005, 05:23 PM
Cool Woofiedog http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif, can you let me know how you get on, and post the spec of your rig, for comparison.
That collar on you is off the hook!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

thjreggae
01-19-2005, 06:59 PM
Final post re:- VB problems.

VB works!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
But better with MS CF3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. Shucks you can't have every thing.
I wrote to Edimensional

Dear Nathan Final update.
So...
I purchased the VB CF3 edition http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/353.gif, reinstalled and configured CF3 and for the last three hours I have been kicking butt big time. The functionality is almost complete, the only command not active is... you guessed it, Start engines. I can release parking brakes, fire, eject etc.
So there is a compatability problem with PF itself in my humble opinion. I am not sure why it occurs on my rig, but it may be something to do with the Sidewinder FF2???

So that's my lot, I'm going to try this 3.04 patch for what it's worth. But I have exhausted all of my options! I'll post a further response if I hit the jackpot! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif
Thjreggae over and out!!!!

woofiedog
01-20-2005, 02:07 AM
thjreggae... I just recieved the package today. Over the week-end I'm going to set it up and get things going. I'll post you then.
Thank's for the info you have posted though.

Oh... Glad you like the Collar. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
My computer is a older Dell 8200 series.
2.53Ghz
1 Gig of Memory
9800 Pro ATI
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
Micro Soft Game Stick

thjreggae
01-22-2005, 05:53 AM
Woofiedog, goodluck http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif I'll let you know when I have found the right config. This is an e-mail that I-C Maddox has sent concerning MS joysticks like my own. If you have a recent device it should work, but my SidewinderFF2 is obsolete! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

Hi Tony,

Microsoft have withdrawn support for Sidewinder joysticks in 2004, and to our
knowledge, they are not supported fully in Windows XP, and may be conflicting
with your Voice Buddy. We wouldn't recommend using this joystick with Pacific
Fighters. If Voice Buddy claims to be supported only in IL2 and Forgotten
Battles, we would recommend waiting for a version that specifically supports
Pacific Fighters (one apparently exists at
http://www.edimensional.com/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=42). Our
recommendation would be to uninstall Voice Buddy until you can get the fully
supported version if this makes your joystick work.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif So users like Jamesdietz and myself do have a real beef!

thjreggae
01-23-2005, 01:29 PM
For PF standalone users who have Voice Buddy and TrackIR3 pro, you may have encountered some setup problems, or like me, no functionality at all. I have found a solution for Microsoft Sidewinder FF2 joysticks and VB failure to initialise commands with Pilot Lily Litvak, there is an earlier thread which explains much of the background. For interested parties the fix runs like this.
1. Ensure the VB IL2 edition inserts pilot Lily "voicebuddy" Litvak into your roster. If not, you need the IL2 fix from the e-dimensional website in their support area. See earlier thread if you end up with a Lily 'voiceu200buddy' litvak= pilot! this will not work, and the ALL.ini file needs re-editing. Ensure that the pilot comes up as the VB Litvak.
2. Within VoiceBuddy 2.0 select IL Forgootten Battles edition.
3. You may need to set up a specific PF file under TrackIR3 by editing the IL/FB/AEP file. Use deadzone settings for Yaw for full control, (Pitch settings depend on whether you have the Expansion for use with Baseball caps)
4. Having opened VB and TrackIR. Go start Program files/Ubi Soft/ Pacific fighters/Setup and select OpenGL and set your resolution and then enter the Joystick config tab and confirm the MS FF2 window states OK
5. Run PF
6. Confirm that Lily 'voicebuddy' Litvak is selected as the active pilot.
7. Enter a mission.
8. If you have no stick movement, do the following...
enter controls menu and ensure that all references to HAT are removed by selected the numeric pad counterpart twice. (this is effectively reconfiguring the key assigment by removing joystick buttons) Replace all references to joystick buttons apart from unassigned functions such as canopy open etc. Joystick buttons 5 through 8 can be assigned.
9. Under the HOTAS menu, assign X,Y and Z vectors for ailerons, rudder and throttle to the respective joystick function by moving the joystick when the field is open for reassigment.
10. Resume mission and confirm movement of the relevant controls in the cockpit.
11. Assign a keyboard key for brake release. ( I cannot get MS FF2 to allocate a joystick button for the brakes for some reason.)
12. Resume mission and take to the skies with full VB functionality.
At long last, some 100+ hours and I have the setup that I paid good money for. Such a pity the likes of E-dimensional could not have figured this out themselves before heavily promoting the PF VB edition.
Any problems add to this thread and I shall try to answer them, as why should you all waste more hours, when I have done this for y'all!

CAF_FN_IDIOT
01-23-2005, 06:42 PM
I have the same problems , I have the cdrive and headset and still only 1/3 of the comands work.
Trained phrases in trainer also.

thjreggae
01-23-2005, 07:44 PM
describe your rig, and operating system, what Joy are you using?, and do you play PF standalone or ILFB/AEP/PF?. can you start the engine using VB? Does the stick respond as expected? Is this a request for help or a statement of frustration....?

CAF_FN_IDIOT
01-23-2005, 08:19 PM
3.4ghz Pent, 1gig ram, Winxp

Hotas cougar, stick has to be programed in controls to work
PF standalone and PF+FB+AEP
limited functionality of VB in both

And yes need help and frustrated
Can you display or send me what the Lily V, All.ini and setup file looks like. I am close to solving this, I always could start engine.

Stanger_361st
01-23-2005, 11:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CAF_FN_IDIOT:

Can you display or send me what the Lily V, All.ini and setup file looks like. I am close to solving this, I always could start engine. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I am not sure that Voice Buddy can handle two different installs of game. (PF standalone and PF+FB+AEP
limited functionality of VB in both)
What happens if you change a key setting in Pacific Stand alone and not the Merged, could have a conflict here.

CAF_FN_IDIOT
01-24-2005, 07:52 AM
I have thought of that, but the profiles are separate and there was a PF update. It didnt say you could'nt use both and I don't think it made a difference, although I can't be 100% sure on that.
Besisdes the "lily" profiles should'nt change just the in game profile would and that should be just the Joystick settings.
Also the IL2 "fix" on the website was for both games.
???

Stanger_361st
01-24-2005, 08:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CAF_FN_IDIOT:
I have thought of that, but the profiles are separate and there was a PF update. It didnt say you could'nt use both and I don't think it made a difference, although I can't be 100% sure on that.
Besisdes the "lily" profiles should'nt change just the in game profile would and that should be just the Joystick settings.
Also the IL2 "fix" on the website was for both games.
??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have offer more help in the Help Forum for ya.

thjreggae
01-24-2005, 02:41 PM

Can you display or send me what the Lily V, All.ini and setup file looks like. I am close to solving this, I always could start engine. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My All.ini file now looks like this...
[list]
litvak Lily Voice\u0020Buddy Litvak
doe John Mad Doe
[current]

It works for me! with XP pro SP2, Intel 3.0Ghz, 1Gb Ram. remember this is for PF standalone.
Remember to select IL Forgotten Battles as the VB edition! Good luck!

CAF_FN_IDIOT
01-25-2005, 02:54 PM
I think this has to do with my TC hotas joystick.
here are my files now:
-----------------------------
ALL.INI
[list]
litvak Lily Voice\u0020Buddy Litvak
doe Mike Idiot Coons
[current]
----------------------------------------
SETTINGS.INI

[dgen]
yearBirth=1910
placeBirth=_
[HotKey pilot]
Shift F9=SIGHT_AUTO_ONOFF
Shift F3=SIGHT_ALT_MINUS
Shift Z=AIRCRAFT_TRIM_R_0
Shift Y=AIRCRAFT_TAILWHEELLOCK
Shift X=AIRCRAFT_TRIM_R_0
Shift W=AIRCRAFT_TOGGLE_AIRBRAKE
Shift V=AIRCRAFT_GEAR_DOWN_MANUAL
Shift U=AIRCRAFT_GEAR_UP_MANUAL
Shift T=Weapon01
Shift S=EngineExtinguisher
Shift R=EngineToggle8
Shift Q=EngineToggle7
Shift P=EngineToggle6
Backspace Alt=Weapon2
Shift O=EngineToggle5
Shift N=EngineToggle4
Shift M=EngineToggle3
Shift L=EngineToggle2
Shift K=EngineToggle1
Shift J=EngineToggleRight
Shift I=EngineToggleLeft
Shift H=EngineToggleAll
Shift G=GunPods
Shift F=EngineSelect8
Shift E=EngineSelect7
Shift D=EngineSelect6
Shift A=EngineSelect5
Ctrl Z=AIRCRAFT_TRIM_R_MINUS
Ctrl Y=AIRCRAFT_TRIM_V_0
Ctrl X=AIRCRAFT_TRIM_R_PLUS
Ctrl W=AileronLef
Shift 4=Step90
Shift 3=Step60
Ctrl T=AIRCRAFT_DROP_TANKS
Shift 2=Step30
Shift 1=Step0
Shift 0=StepAuto
Ctrl Q=Mix10
Ctrl P=SIGHT_SPD_PLUS
Ctrl O=StepMinus5
Ctrl N=StepPlus5
Ctrl M=Weapon4
F12=Mix0
Ctrl K=Step100
F11=EngineFeather
Ctrl J=Step80
Ctrl I=Step70
Ctrl H=Step50
Ctrl G=Step40
Shift Left=AIRCRAFT_TRIM_H_0
Ctrl F=Step20
Ctrl C=Step10
Ctrl B=Power10
Ctrl A=Stabilizer
NumPad-=AIRCRAFT_POWER_MINUS_5
NumPad+=AIRCRAFT_POWER_PLUS_5
Ctrl 9=SIGHT_DIST_PLUS
Ctrl 8=SIGHT_ALT_PLUS
Ctrl 7=SIGHT_SPD_MINUS
Ctrl 6=SIGHT_DIST_MINUS
Ctrl 5=SIGHT_SIDE_RIGHT
Ctrl 4=SIGHT_SIDE_LEFT
Alt T=EngineSelect1
Alt S=EngineSelectRight
Alt R=EngineSelectLeft
Ctrl 0=AIRCRAFT_TRIM_V_PLUS
Alt Q=EngineSelectNone
Alt P=EngineSelectAll
Alt N=CompressorPlus
Alt M=MagnetoMinus
Alt L=MagnetoPlus
Alt K=MixMinus20
Z=RudderLeft
Alt J=MixPlus20
X=RudderRight
Alt I=Mix100
Ctrl Down=AIRCRAFT_TRIM_V_PLUS
Ctrl Right=AIRCRAFT_TRIM_H_PLUS
Alt H=Mix90
W=Boost
V=AIRCRAFT_FLAPS_NOTCH_DOWN
Ctrl Up=AIRCRAFT_TRIM_V_MINUS
Alt G=Mix80
Alt F=Mix70
Ctrl Left=AIRCRAFT_TRIM_H_MINUS
Alt E=Mix60
Alt D=Mix50
Alt C=Mix40
R=Radiator
Alt B=Mix30
Alt A=Mix20
O=CompressorMinus
Joystick1 JoystickDevice2=Weapon1
I=AIRCRAFT_TOGGLE_ENGINE
G=Gear
F=AIRCRAFT_FLAPS_NOTCH_UP
Alt 4=EngineSelect4
B=Brake
Alt 3=EngineSelect3
Alt 1=EngineSelect2
9=Power90
8=Power80
7=Power70
6=Power60
5=Power50
4=Power40
3=Power30
2=Power20
1=Power0
0=Power100
Slash=AIRCRAFT_RUDDER_CENTRE
Alt Space=Weapon3
Period=AIRCRAFT_RUDDER_RIGHT_1
Joystick2 JoystickDevice2=Weapon2
Comma=AIRCRAFT_RUDDER_LEFT_1
Down=ElevatorDown
Right=AileronRight
Up=ElevatorUp
Left=AileronLeft
Joystick3 JoystickDevice2=Weapon3
Enter=Weapon0
Backspace=Weapon1
[HotKey gunner]
Joystick0 JoystickDevice2=Fire
Space=Fire
[HotKey aircraftView]
Ctrl F8=NextViewEnemyFollow
Shift NumPad-9=cockpitView9
Shift NumPad-8=cockpitView8
Shift NumPad-7=cockpitView7
NumPad-0=PadlockViewForward
Shift NumPad-6=cockpitView6
Shift NumPad-5=cockpitView5
Ctrl F2=NextViewEnemy
Ctrl F1=CockpitShow
Shift NumPad-3=cockpitView3
Shift NumPad-2=cockpitView2
Shift NumPad-1=cockpitView1
Shift NumPad-0=cockpitView0
Y=PadlockViewPrev
Alt F7=ViewEnemyDirectGround
U=PadlockViewNext
Alt F6=ViewEnemyDirectAir
C=changeCockpit
Alt Z=fovSwitch
Alt Y=fov30
Alt W=fov35
End=fov70
PageDown=fov90
Ctrl 3=cockpitView4
Ctrl 2=fovInc
Ctrl 1=fovDec
Alt 9=fov60
Alt 8=fov55
Alt 7=fov50
Alt 6=fov45
Alt 5=fov40
MouseRight=fov90
Alt==fovInc
F8=OutsideViewFollow
F7=ViewEnemyGround
Alt 0=fov65
Shift F12=fov75
F6=ViewEnemyAir
Shift F11=fov80
F5=PadlockViewGround
Shift F10=fov85
F4=PadlockView
F3=OutsideViewFly
Shift F8=NextViewFollow
F2=OutsideView
F1=CockpitView
Shift F7=ViewFriendGround
Shift F6=ViewFriendAir
Shift F5=PadlockViewFriendGround
Shift F4=PadlockViewFriend
Shift F2=NextView
Shift F1=cockpitAim
[HotKey SnapView]
NumPad-4=Snap_m2_0
NumPad-3=Snap_3_0
NumPad-2=Snap_0_m2
NumPad-1=Snap_m3_0
Pov90 JoystickPov0=Snap_2_0
Pov135 JoystickPov0=Snap_3_0
Pov180 JoystickPov0=Snap_0_m1
Pov225 JoystickPov0=Snap_m3_0
Pov270 JoystickPov0=Snap_m2_0
Pov315 JoystickPov0=Snap_m1_0
F9=SnapPanSwitch
Pov0 JoystickPov0=Snap_0_2
NumPad-9=Snap_1_0
Pov45 JoystickPov0=Snap_1_0
NumPad-8=Snap_0_0
NumPad-7=Snap_m1_0
NumPad-6=Snap_2_0
NumPad-5=Snap_0_2
[HotKey PanView]
NumPad-4=PanLeft2
NumPad-3=PanRight3
NumPad-2=PanDown
NumPad-1=PanLeft3
Pov90 JoystickPov0=PanRight2
Pov135 JoystickPov0=PanRight3
Pov180 JoystickPov0=PanDown
Pov225 JoystickPov0=PanLeft3
Pov270 JoystickPov0=PanLeft2
Pov315 JoystickPov0=PanLeft
Pov0 JoystickPov0=PanUp
NumPad-9=PanRight
Pov45 JoystickPov0=PanRight
NumPad-8=PanUp
NumPad-7=PanLeft
NumPad-6=PanRight2
NumPad-5=PanReset
[HotKey orders]
9=order9
8=order8
7=order7
6=order6
5=order5
4=order4
3=order3
2=order2
1=order1
0=order0
Escape=deactivate
Tab=activate
[HotKey misc]
Ctrl F7=showPositionHint
Ctrl F6=iconTypes
T=toggleSmokes
S=onlineRating
M=pad
Ctrl U=showMirror
A=autopilot
Ctrl S=toggleNavLights
Ctrl R=chat
Ctrl L=cockpitLight
Alt X=toggleLandingLight
Alt V=autopilotAuto
Ctrl E=ejectPilot
Ctrl D=cockpitDim
[HotKey $$$misc]
Ctrl F5=quickSaveNetTrack
Ctrl F4=radioMuteKey
Ctrl F3=radioChannelSwitch
[HotKey timeCompression]
OpenBracket=timeSpeedDown
P=timeSpeedPause
Ctrl CloseBracket=timeSpeedUp
Quote=timeSpeedNormal
[HotKey move]
AXE_X JoystickDevice2=aileron
AXE_X JoystickDevice1=brakes
AXE_Y JoystickDevice2=elevator
AXE_Z JoystickDevice1=-rudder
AXE_Z JoystickDevice0=-power
[difficulty]
single=10155263
net=193791
[net]
squadron=0
tacticalnumber=1
numberOn=1
[cover]
mashinegun=500.0
cannon=500.0
rocket=500.0
rocketdelay=10.0
bombdelay=0.0
fuel=100.0
[weapon]
P-38J=2x3n2x1000
-------------------------------

Now when i program my joystick In the game I get this setttinngs profile:

[5]
Ctrl Shift A=fov40

[dgen]
placeBirth=_
yearBirth=1910

[HotKey pilot]
Shift F9=SIGHT_AUTO_ONOFF
Shift F3=SIGHT_ALT_MINUS
Shift Y=AIRCRAFT_TAILWHEELLOCK
Shift W=AIRCRAFT_TOGGLE_AIRBRAKE
Shift V=AIRCRAFT_GEAR_DOWN_MANUAL
Shift U=AIRCRAFT_GEAR_UP_MANUAL
Shift T=Weapon01
Shift S=EngineExtinguisher
Shift R=EngineToggle8
Shift Q=EngineToggle7
Shift P=EngineToggle6
Shift O=EngineToggle5
Backspace Alt=Weapon2
Shift N=EngineToggle4
Shift M=EngineToggle3
Shift L=EngineToggle2
Shift K=EngineToggle1
Shift J=EngineToggleRight
Shift I=EngineToggleLeft
Shift H=EngineToggleAll
Shift G=GunPods
Shift F=EngineSelect8
Shift E=EngineSelect7
Shift D=EngineSelect6
Shift A=EngineSelect5
Ctrl Y=AIRCRAFT_TRIM_V_0
Ctrl W=AileronLef
Shift 4=Step90
Shift 3=Step60
Shift 2=Step30
Shift 1=Step0
Ctrl Q=Mix10
Shift 0=StepAuto
Ctrl P=SIGHT_SPD_PLUS
Ctrl O=StepMinus5
Ctrl N=StepPlus5
Ctrl M=Weapon4
Ctrl K=Step100
F12=Mix0
Ctrl J=Step80
F11=EngineFeather
Ctrl I=Step70
Ctrl H=Step50
Ctrl G=Step40
Ctrl F=Step20
Ctrl C=Step10
Ctrl B=Power10
Ctrl A=Stabilizer
Ctrl 9=SIGHT_DIST_PLUS
Ctrl 8=SIGHT_ALT_PLUS
Ctrl 7=SIGHT_SPD_MINUS
Ctrl 6=SIGHT_DIST_MINUS
Ctrl 5=SIGHT_SIDE_RIGHT
Ctrl 4=SIGHT_SIDE_LEFT
Alt T=EngineSelect1
Alt S=EngineSelectRight
Alt R=EngineSelectLeft
Alt Q=EngineSelectNone
Ctrl 0=AIRCRAFT_TRIM_V_PLUS
Alt P=EngineSelectAll
Alt N=CompressorPlus
Alt M=MagnetoMinus
Alt L=MagnetoPlus
Z=RudderLeft
Alt K=MixMinus20
Alt J=MixPlus20
Alt I=Mix100
X=RudderRight
W=Boost
Alt H=Mix90
Alt G=Mix80
Alt F=Mix70
Alt E=Mix60
Alt D=Mix50
R=Radiator
Alt C=Mix40
Alt B=Mix30
Alt A=Mix20
O=CompressorMinus
Joystick1 JoystickDevice2=Weapon1
I=AIRCRAFT_TOGGLE_ENGINE
G=Gear
Alt 4=EngineSelect4
Alt 3=EngineSelect3
B=Brake
Alt 1=EngineSelect2
9=Power90
8=Power80
7=Power70
6=Power60
5=Power50
4=Power40
3=Power30
2=Power20
1=Power0
0=Power100
Alt Space=Weapon3
Joystick2 JoystickDevice2=Weapon2
Down=ElevatorDown
Right=AileronRight
Up=ElevatorUp
Left=AileronLeft
Joystick3 JoystickDevice2=Weapon3
Enter=Weapon0
Backspace=Weapon1
[HotKey gunner]
Joystick0 JoystickDevice2=Fire
Space=Fire
[HotKey aircraftView]
Shift NumPad-9=cockpitView9
Shift NumPad-8=cockpitView8
Shift NumPad-7=cockpitView7
Shift NumPad-6=cockpitView6
Shift NumPad-5=cockpitView5
Ctrl F2=NextViewEnemy
Shift NumPad-3=cockpitView3
Ctrl F1=CockpitShow
Shift NumPad-2=cockpitView2
Shift NumPad-1=cockpitView1
Shift NumPad-0=cockpitView0
Y=PadlockViewPrev
U=PadlockViewNext
C=changeCockpit
Alt Z=fovSwitch
Alt Y=fov30
Alt W=fov35
End=fov70
PageDown=fov90
Ctrl 3=cockpitView4
Ctrl 2=fovInc
Ctrl 1=fovDec
Alt 9=fov60
Alt 8=fov55
Alt 7=fov50
Alt 6=fov45
Alt 5=fov40
MouseRight=fov90
F8=OutsideViewFollow
Alt==fovInc
F7=ViewEnemyGround
F6=ViewEnemyAir
Shift F12=fov75
Alt 0=fov65
F5=PadlockViewGround
Shift F11=fov80
F4=PadlockView
Shift F10=fov85
F3=OutsideViewFly
F2=OutsideView
Shift F8=NextViewFollow
F1=CockpitView
Shift F6=ViewFriendAir
Shift F2=NextView
Shift F1=cockpitAim
[HotKey SnapView]
NumPad-4=Snap_m2_0
NumPad-3=Snap_3_0
NumPad-2=Snap_0_m2
NumPad-1=Snap_m3_0
F9=SnapPanSwitch
NumPad-9=Snap_1_0
NumPad-8=Snap_0_0
NumPad-7=Snap_m1_0
NumPad-6=Snap_2_0
NumPad-5=Snap_0_2
[HotKey PanView]
NumPad-4=PanLeft2
NumPad-3=PanRight3
NumPad-2=PanDown
NumPad-1=PanLeft3
Pov0 JoystickPov0=PanUp
NumPad-9=PanRight
NumPad-8=PanUp
NumPad-7=PanLeft
NumPad-6=PanRight2
NumPad-5=PanReset
[HotKey orders]
9=order9
8=order8
7=order7
6=order6
5=order5
4=order4
3=order3
2=order2
1=order1
0=order0
Escape=deactivate
Tab=activate
[HotKey misc]
Ctrl F7=showPositionHint
Ctrl F6=iconTypes
T=toggleSmokes
S=onlineRating
M=pad
Ctrl U=showMirror
A=autopilot
Ctrl S=toggleNavLights
Ctrl R=chat
Ctrl L=cockpitLight
Alt X=toggleLandingLight
Alt V=autopilotAuto
Ctrl E=ejectPilot
Ctrl D=cockpitDim
[HotKey $$$misc]
Ctrl F5=quickSaveNetTrack
Ctrl F4=radioMuteKey
Ctrl F3=radioChannelSwitch
[HotKey timeCompression]
P=timeSpeedPause
Ctrl CloseBracket=timeSpeedUp
Quote=timeSpeedNormal
[HotKey move]
AXE_X JoystickDevice2=aileron
AXE_X JoystickDevice1=brakes
AXE_Y JoystickDevice2=elevator
AXE_Z JoystickDevice1=-rudder
AXE_Z JoystickDevice0=-power
[difficulty]
single=10155263
net=193791
[net]
squadron=0
tacticalnumber=1
numberOn=1
[cover]
mashinegun=500.0
cannon=500.0
rocket=500.0
rocketdelay=10.0
bombdelay=0.0
fuel=100.0
[weapon]
P-38J=2x3n2x1000
--------------------------------------

as you can see very different at the top???

Also no keys in controls for:
Open canopy
chocks
tail hook
fold and retract wings

Are missing.
??????

I did the IL2 fix and all on C drive.
What now?
Is anyone using VB with a Hotas cougar????

thjreggae
01-25-2005, 06:01 PM
My initial response is try to go back to default doe John Mad doe in your ALL.ini file just in case the software doesn't like the title... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif Do all amendments using a backed up Lily user and you should be able to experiment with your key assignments. I have noticed conflicts that arise if you leave dual key/Joystick assignments. Try to keep to default keyboard assignments and add customised allocations one by one at first, and confirm that they work in the game. do this until you have made progress. the Hotas assignments have to be input one at a time and confirmed in the cockpit view of when resuming the mission. for example if your keyboard cannot open and close the canopy, the defaults have to be re-input until you can confirm a good response. I don't what difference the PF 3.04 patch makes, but that was also part of my solution, even though I cannot now get onto any PF servers, as they have not all been patched! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif
I could only get chocks to work on a keyboard assignment or by asking for Mixture 80% http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif If the fields for some commands are empty, remember you must input a key or sequence to be able to activate that function in the game. I have uploaded my settings.ini for comparison, hope this helps!
Tony.

[dgen]
yearBirth=1910
placeBirth=_
[HotKey pilot]
Z=RudderLeft
Joystick4 JoystickDevice0=AIRCRAFT_TOGGLE_AIRBRAKE
X=RudderRight
W=Boost
R=Radiator
N=AIRCRAFT_STABILIZER
Joystick5 JoystickDevice0=AIRCRAFT_CARRIERHOOK
J=AIRCRAFT_BRAKESHOE
I=AIRCRAFT_TOGGLE_ENGINE
G=Gear
E=EngineExtinguisher
B=Brake
Joystick6 JoystickDevice0=COCKPITDOOR
Equals=AIRCRAFT_POWER_PLUS_5
9=Power90
8=Power80
7=Power70
6=Power60
5=Power50
4=Power40
3=Power30
2=Power20
Joystick7 JoystickDevice0=WINGFOLD
1=Power0
0=Power100
Shift 4=Step90
Shift 3=Step60
Shift 2=Step30
Shift 1=Step0
Shift 0=StepAuto
Down=ElevatorDown
Joystick0 JoystickDevice0=Weapon0
Right=AileronRight
Up=ElevatorUp
Left=AileronLeft
Space=Weapon2
Shift Up=AIRCRAFT_TRIM_V_0
Joystick1 JoystickDevice0=Weapon1
MouseRight=AIRCRAFT_GEAR_DOWN_MANUAL
Underscore=AIRCRAFT_POWER_MINUS_5
Joystick2 JoystickDevice0=Weapon2
Enter=Weapon0
Backspace=Weapon1
Joystick3 JoystickDevice0=Weapon3
Alt Space=Weapon3
[HotKey gunner]
MouseLeft=Fire
[HotKey aircraftView]
Ctrl F2=NextViewEnemy
Ctrl F1=CockpitShow
Y=PadlockViewPrev
U=PadlockViewNext
C=changeCockpit
End=fov70
PageDown=fov90
Delete=fov30
F8=OutsideViewFollow
F7=ViewEnemyGround
F6=ViewEnemyAir
F5=PadlockViewGround
F4=PadlockView
F3=OutsideViewFly
Shift F8=NextViewFollow
F2=OutsideView
F1=CockpitView
Shift F6=ViewFriendAir
Shift F2=NextView
Shift F1=cockpitAim
[HotKey SnapView]
NumPad-4=Snap_m2_0
NumPad-3=Snap_3_0
NumPad-2=Snap_0_m2
NumPad-1=Snap_m3_0
F9=SnapPanSwitch
NumPad-9=Snap_1_0
NumPad-8=Snap_0_0
NumPad-7=Snap_m1_0
NumPad-6=Snap_2_0
NumPad-5=Snap_0_2
[HotKey PanView]
NumPad-4=PanLeft2
NumPad-3=PanRight3
NumPad-2=PanDown
NumPad-1=PanLeft3
Pov0 JoystickPov0=PanUp
NumPad-9=PanRight
NumPad-8=PanUp
NumPad-7=PanLeft
NumPad-6=PanRight2
NumPad-5=PanReset
[HotKey orders]
9=order9
8=order8
7=order7
6=order6
5=order5
4=order4
3=order3
2=order2
1=order1
0=order0
Escape=deactivate
Tab=activate
[HotKey misc]
BackQuote=chat
T=toggleSmokes
S=onlineRating
M=pad
A=autopilot
Ctrl L=cockpitLight
Ctrl E=ejectPilot
Ctrl D=cockpitDim
[HotKey timeCompression]
CloseBracket=timeSpeedUp
P=timeSpeedPause
Quote=timeSpeedNormal
Pause=timeSpeedPause
[HotKey move]
JoystickDevice0 AXE_U=-power
JoystickDevice0 AXE_RZ=rudder
JoystickDevice0 AXE_Y=elevator
JoystickDevice0 AXE_X=aileron
[difficulty]
single=163840
net=193791
[net]
regiment=gb01
airclass=TomahawkMkIIa
squadron=0
tacticalnumber=1
numberOn=1
[cover]
mashinegun=500.0
cannon=500.0
rocket=500.0
rocketdelay=10.0
bombdelay=0.0
fuel=100.0
[weapon]
TomahawkMkIIa=default
Hawk81A-2=default
P-38L=default
F6F-5=default
CorsairMkII=default
F2A-2=default
F4U-1D=default
F4U-1A=default
A-20G=default

CAF_FN_IDIOT
01-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Thanks much.

kSetuni
02-04-2005, 09:45 AM
Any further problems with the release of the new software? Or is it still as tempermental as it has been?

Thanks
S.M.

thjreggae
02-06-2005, 10:01 AM
We await the new VB update, the problems vey much depend on you All.ini file, if you can sort this and configure your controller, it will work but yes, temperementally

Dexmeister
02-06-2005, 10:43 AM
I hate to break it to you folks but there's a free voice-activation app available and it works perfectly with FB/PF, as with LOMAC and and a pile of other stuff.

I never understood why people were buying VoiceBuddy, but hey, to each their own.

Take a look here for a pile of stuff to get you going:
http://www.asic.ca/LOMAC/

I believe the SHOOT software includes an IL2 profile, so with some editing you'd be good to go.