PDA

View Full Version : How do i know if i got banned?

alphaphillip
05-25-2011, 09:40 AM
I cant login in the game for sure, i installed a no-intro patch, so im suspectiong punk buster banned me, could it be it? In SC Conviction the game works just fine (online) that is what led me to that sus****ion. If not what else could it be?
i keep getting the message: "the ubisoft server is not available at this time."

help me please ASAP, i enjoyed so much the multplayer.

oh, and also, i been receiveing some friend invitations, could they have been the ones that somehow for some reason "stole" my serial?

its the steam version of the game
i have all the requirements, been playng for a wile now.

alphaphillip
05-25-2011, 09:40 AM
I cant login in the game for sure, i installed a no-intro patch, so im suspectiong punk buster banned me, could it be it? In SC Conviction the game works just fine (online) that is what led me to that sus****ion. If not what else could it be?
i keep getting the message: "the ubisoft server is not available at this time."

help me please ASAP, i enjoyed so much the multplayer.

oh, and also, i been receiveing some friend invitations, could they have been the ones that somehow for some reason "stole" my serial?

its the steam version of the game
i have all the requirements, been playng for a wile now.

KingDaniel0
05-25-2011, 10:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alphaphillip:
I cant login in the game for sure, i installed a no-intro patch, so im suspectiong punk buster banned me, could it be it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think you are actually banned if you are getting the following message i.e. 'the ubisoft server is not available at this time', imo ? Or are you getting some other Message ?

This could also be a temporary issue, or some connectivity problem.

Though PB will kick and ban you, from any Server, if you apply and use any kind of game hack or tool e.g. the NO-intro patch in your case, though this also depends on the Tool being used. Can you remove this No-into file ?

If it cannot be removed, then try re-installing the full Game again, and then Log into your UbiSoft account, and enter the CD-KEY which you have. This will confirm whether someone has indeed stolen your Key or not ?

Oh Btw, your Serial/CD-key is linked and tied to your UbiSoft account, so even if someone knows it, he/she cannot steal and use it on their Account. They will get this message saying, "This CD-key has already been used before".

Can you Log-in now properly ? First try to remove that NO-into patch, if you think it is creating a problem. Have you played the MP part before ?

----------------------------------------------------------------

alphaphillip
05-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the swift response,

Well, if the message doesnt mean im banned thats a relief (sometimes i think the game wouldnt botther in tell me i got banned)

As for connectivity, my firewall is allowing all access to ACBSP.exe, SCBMP.exe and the launcher, and ive played before (online) with no problem so i guess it cant be it

I can repair the game cache in steam did it allready and still nothing,
its a shame, a no intro patch dont harm nobody's gameplay.

Since i dont have the retail version, i think erasing the licence from my computer will be more tricky, and long... ive noticed alredy i can't just restore a backup.

Ive just noticed also i might have a backdoor trojan, witch i think it can be using some of the game essential ports

im gonna try to deal with this problem, btw do you know a eficient way to change/remove a steam game cdkey?

KingDaniel0
05-26-2011, 06:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alphaphillip:

btw do you know a eficient way to change/remove a steam game cdkey? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not fully sure what you are asking here ? Do you want to get another KEY for your Game, or you want to change it ?

I don't think the KEY can be removed, imo. Because it is linked and tied to your UbiSoft Account. You need to buy another COPY of the Game from STEAM, if you want a New CD-KEY....

-----------------------------------------------------------

alphaphillip
05-26-2011, 09:38 PM
I was hoping i could re-enter my key to see if its still valid, if not, maybe buy the game again. (guess its my fault not want to see the ubi logo every time i start the game)

Long story short i formated my pc again and only updated windows and installed steam with this game and worms reloaded

The firewall exceptions were handled automaticaly in the game's fresh intallation,

the problem persists, i can't connect even in single player. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

same message...

KingDaniel0
05-26-2011, 11:48 PM
the problem persists, i can't connect even in single player.

same message... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What message are you getting ? "The ubisoft server is not available at this time", or some other Message ? Have you changed any Internet/Router settings at your end ?

For any general connectivity issues, you can first read this:

http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/ap...s/detail/a_id/13320/ (http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13320/)

http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/ap...s/detail/a_id/14699/ (http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14699/)

You can you also try this method, which I'm giving below.

Try Deleting the Windows HOSTS.txt file from this location i.e. C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. Delete this file, but first make a BACKUP on some other location. After doing this, again try to PLAY the game.

You can even edit this 'hosts' file, by removing all lines of text, If any, below these Lines:

127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

Btw, Brotherhood can also be played OFFLINE, if you want to play the Single Player mode. Can you play in Offline mode ?:

http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/ap...tail/a_id/14702/p/88 (http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14702/p/88)

-----------------------------------------------------------

alphaphillip
05-27-2011, 07:55 AM
i get "The ubisoft server is not available at this time". but when i start and enter multiplayer from Conviction it works fine.

I tried disabling my firewall, i dont have a Router

Tried to do the stuff in both of the articles, and deleting the hosts file none of them worked

Im aware it can be played offline, but i want to play the multiplayer, i say that about the single player because the multiplayer option remains grayed out.

KingDaniel0
05-28-2011, 02:57 AM
i get "The ubisoft server is not available at this time". but when i start and enter multiplayer from Conviction it works fine.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you can play SCC without any problem ? You only get this Message when you try to play Brotherhood ?

----------------------------------------------------------------

alphaphillip
05-31-2011, 09:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So you can play SCC without any problem ? You only get this Message when you try to play Brotherhood ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, precicely, also, my game is a Steam version.

alphaphillip
07-14-2011, 01:32 AM
An interesting thing happened, in order to point out the inefficiency "of" the ubisoft support had with me im gonna revive this tread, sorry about it.

After a series of "standard" answers and quite a waiting, i finnaly said to them, "I got banned from the game for installing an no intro patch (the reason i believed that is because is against the terms of agreement), if I buy a new cdkey, will i be able to maintain my MP status?" and they answer was precisely this:

"We are going to need more information to determine the exact nature of your problem. Please be as specific as possible when contacting Technical Support for help.

When you update your incident, please be as descriptive as possible. Give us all information on what exactly happened, what was the exact text of any error message you received, what steps have you taken to remedy the problem, and any other information relating to your problem you feel we should know."

Whow more specific could I be, actualy?!

I i was got'damned tired of trying to deal with this, imagine, i had to be sure that my Internet provider wasnt blocking this door, i had to make sure that my cable modem did't had this "thing that router does" that some in the internet said that it did, i had to deal with windows fire wall, and believe me, i spent some hours configuring and re-configuring the thing, for every single port.

so i the just bought the game again and started a new account, been playing till yesterday since then, re achieveing all i had once before, but suddenly, the game starts crashing at very start, i search the web, is a save game problem, is ok, i finished single player a few months ago, then i clear the folder, and when i try and start the game, it works!

wait. what tha..

"We see that this is your fist time in multiplayer, would like to take the INTRODUTORY SECTION?"

I mean, CMON!! I dont need this sh** in my gaming!

i then come back to my browser that i left open, and for habbit i checked the other tabs i didnt yet, and then i find out that some one sugests that, the "server unnavailable" problem could be related to some crap involving uplay (and at the first "ban", i had claimed some rewards and stuff) and he said to the guy to wait that it could be petty much what he could do. Then it comes to my mind to try to log with my old "banned" account,

Well ill be dammed, the thing connects, and now im playing with all my customizations and gear.

Man this is ironic at its best isnt it? lol...

And btw, thanks for all the attention kingdaniel, thank you, you certanly overcame the ubisoft support at this.