PDA

View Full Version : Any new planes coming in future patches for 1946?

dougandlisaeng
04-05-2007, 06:43 PM
I really enjoy some of the new planes in the 1946 update. However, I would really enjoy some new American and British aircraft to complete it.

I really think that pacific fighters was not complete without the F4U-4 and P-47N as options for the closing months of the war.

For what if scenarios in 1946 it would be great to add the F7F and F8F and P51H. And we definately need the ultimate Spitfire (MkXIV)

Thanks Doug

dougandlisaeng
04-05-2007, 06:43 PM
I really enjoy some of the new planes in the 1946 update. However, I would really enjoy some new American and British aircraft to complete it.

I really think that pacific fighters was not complete without the F4U-4 and P-47N as options for the closing months of the war.

For what if scenarios in 1946 it would be great to add the F7F and F8F and P51H. And we definately need the ultimate Spitfire (MkXIV)

Thanks Doug

VW-IceFire
04-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Not likely to happen at all. If we do see a new plane it will probably be the Fokker D.XII or the Avia biplane (model number escapes me for the moment) as those were both shown to be completed aircraft models with full cockpits.

Spit XIV team never finished that plane...actually there were two or three teams that never got finished. Its a tough job. Anyways...its much too late for anything seriously new. I think we'll be lucky with a few new maps to round things out in the final patch.

Remember that the new series is now in development so all eggs are in that basket now. Still lots to enjoy with the 250 planes we have now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

PBNA-Boosher
04-05-2007, 10:34 PM
IceFire already did a good job explaining, but I want to reiterate this point:

1946 was originally NOT going to be released outside of Russia, but due to pressure from the IL2 community Oleg and UBI decided to give us this gift. According to the structure of the 1946 campaign, the western nations were out of the war. RRG Studios wanted only to make the Pe-2, Il-10, Ta-183, etc... IE, only the German and Russian 46 planes.

Still, even if new planes were to be added, we would see no new planes that are now the property of the Northrop-Grumman corporation. This means just about every other American plane is now endangered for this sim, and, I fear, other 1C sims. But we're not really supposed to say anything about that, so shhhh! The current model "P-47D" is supposed to mimic the P-47N performance-wise. Legally that was the best Oleg could do for us. However, don't let it get you down. Despite whatever plane we all wish to fly in IL2, the novelty of new planes does get degraded after a while, due to someone else coming and asking for something else. I'll hang on IceFire's words here:

Enjoy the near 250 planes, a great many of them flyable, that we have now.

ImpStarDuece
04-06-2007, 01:43 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif The ultimate Spitfire was the Mk 22 with contra-rotating props, bubble top canopy, 175 imp gal fuel and a 2,350 hp Griffon 85.

mynameisroland
04-06-2007, 06:59 AM
But from the Mk21 onwards the Spitfire was no longer a 'nice' plane. Infact did Mr Quill not say they should have renamed it as it was no longer a Spitfire after the Mk XIV ?

Id say the ultimate Spitfire is the Mk VIII or the Mk XIV http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ImpStarDuece
04-06-2007, 08:51 AM
The contra rotating props eliminated the vast majority of handling problems experianced with the Mk 21, with the exception of a tendency for the tail to tighten slightly in the turns

After the first few examples, the Mk 22 got the Spiteful type enlarged tail and re-weighted alierons, which rectified some of the problems experianced on the Mk 21.

The last 90 Spitfires produced (Seafire F.47) all operated very satisfactorily off small carriers with Griffon 87/88s turining out 2,350 hp, thanks to the contra-props. The eliminated the torque and handling problems, and also reported granted remarkable acceleration on takeoff.

Da_Godfatha
04-06-2007, 01:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PBNA-Boosher:

1946 was originally NOT going to be released outside of Russia, but due to pressure from the IL2 community Oleg and UBI decided to give us this gift. According to the structure of the 1946 campaign, the western nations were out of the war. RRG Studios wanted only to make the Pe-2, Il-10, Ta-183, etc... IE, only the German and Russian 46 planes.

Still, even if new planes were to be added, we would see no new planes that are now the property of the Northrop-Grumman corporation. This means just about every other American plane is now endangered for this sim, and, I fear, other 1C sims. But we're not really supposed to say anything about that, so shhhh! The current model "P-47D" is supposed to mimic the P-47N performance-wise. Legally that was the best Oleg could do for us. However, don't let it get you down. Despite whatever plane we all wish to fly in IL2, the novelty of new planes does get degraded after a while, due to someone else coming and asking for something else. I'll hang on IceFire's words here:

Enjoy the near 250 planes, a great many of them flyable, that we have now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A Gift? Then why did I have pay for it? Sorry, wrong choice of words. As for "WE" wanting the 46 addon, only a few really wanted it. The only good thing was the maps and the early IJA/IJN planes and the A-20C.

I for one think the DM was really messed up with the 4.08 patch. I know alot of long-time players who have quit because of the wings falling off then someone sneezes now. Remember, December is along way off ( don't hold your breath for THAT release date). Eye candy here or there, this game STILL has alot of potential.

Way too bad they have given up on it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

stalkervision
04-06-2007, 02:04 PM
i believe snoopies flying dog house will be modeled in later patches.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

nearmiss
04-06-2007, 03:29 PM
More add-ons coming?

We could still use more maps,i.e. Malta map with S. Italy & N. Africa would be a good one. We've got the italian, german and english aircraft...all we need is a map.

We could use a winter Kuban map and Crimea map. I say that because those are probably the best Offline maps with contrasting landscapes. Mountains, valleys, flat lands, rivers and seas.

So yeah, I think there is still plenty to add to the sim...and people will buy it. Why should UbiSoft shut down the store, when people are still standing in the door trying to buy more.

Bring it on Oleg, as long as the spyware ain't in the software I'll buy it.

XyZspineZyX
04-06-2007, 03:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Da_Godfatha:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PBNA-Boosher:

Enjoy the near 250 planes, a great many of them flyable, that we have now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A Gift? Then why did I have pay for it? Sorry, wrong choice of words. As for "WE" wanting the 46 addon, only a few really wanted it. The only good thing was the maps and the early IJA/IJN planes and the A-20C.

I for one think the DM was really messed up with the 4.08 patch. I know alot of long-time players who have quit because of the wings falling off then someone sneezes now. Remember, December is along way off ( don't hold your breath for THAT release date). Eye candy here or there, this game STILL has alot of potential.

Way too bad they have given up on it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus Christ godfatha have you ever been happy once in your life? You trivialise the important things, focus on the minor ones, and exaggerate to the point where I don't know wther I should be jealous that you can BS better than me, or be sick.

You know what Boosh meant by "gift". You can't argue the point that you had the option to either buy 1946, or not. You just can't argue it. The opportunity to make the choice was your gift, but you know that damned well. Nobody forced you to buy it, and if you were surprised by the content, then sorry, that was your failing, know what you're buying next time is the lesson. Wings that fall off when somebody sneezes, my foot. You know a lot of long time players who quit because of that alleged issue. And I say alleged beause your saying so doesn't make it true. Sure, right. If there were so many of them, they were dopes for not making servers with the version they liked. Come on! Give it a rest. You don't like 1946, and everyone needs to know it because you're very important. We get it!

VW-IceFire
04-06-2007, 10:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Da_Godfatha:

Way too bad they have given up on it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Strange...the servers look just as busy as ever. Who stopped playing? I hadn't even noticed the 4.07 or 4.08 DM being any different than before to be honest.

Da_Godfatha
04-07-2007, 03:55 AM
Ah yes... the voices of reason answer! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

CID, if you would once stop and read, I said it was a poor choice of words. I know what he means. Geez-Louise. I most likely had 46 before you did dude. I am saying that the 4.08 patch is not good, not the game. I have said many times and will repeat in slow words so even YOU will understand http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif T H E G A M E I S G R E A T !!!

I have said many times, it is too bad that they have dropped it. There still along ways to go with it..... dig it, or should I say it in German for you?

Ice, the Hypno-Lobby is not that full. Let me give you a example of what I mean by the ... how should I put it.... strange DM.

I was flying a Hurricane Mk I on a non-sissy no wonder woman server last week when my flight encountered a flight of Il-2 mid production. I slid in behind one, and with a short burst of 8 .303's I shot his wing off! Man was I surprised! OK, OK, maybe the golden BB. Took a little return fire, came around and the cut one in half with another burst !!!! Now check this out, no 20mm or 30mm cannons.... little pea-shooter .303's. Now that has never, happened before. I can get PK's with those weapons, but saw a IL-2 in half? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif Needless to say, some people started to yell cheat, and I was kicked from the server by a admin for that.

BTW Ice, I can't the broad side of a barn, my shooting really sucs.

AVG_WarHawk
04-10-2007, 09:44 PM
I'm just glad nobody used the A word http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

WOLFMondo
04-11-2007, 02:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mynameisroland:
But from the Mk21 onwards the Spitfire was no longer a 'nice' plane. Infact did Mr Quill not say they should have renamed it as it was no longer a Spitfire after the Mk XIV ?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it was Johnny Johnson who said that about the XIV.

Bearcat99
04-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Id be happy with an Avenger....... It is what it is. Enjoy it while you can.

Bearcat99
04-11-2007, 06:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
Id be happy with a flyable Avenger....... It is what it is. Enjoy it while you can. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

vonStahlhelm
04-12-2007, 06:39 PM
why not make a haunebu?
just for fun? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif