PDA

View Full Version : AI Wingman Improved??

Oz_Canuck
02-12-2006, 05:39 PM
Now I don't get to play that much, so this may be old hat....
Been flying some Quick Misions with the new planes and noticed I always had someone on my 6. Turns out it's my wingman. Awfully nice of you, old chap, I thought.
I always thought they took off blasting baddies on their own. Is this a new thing?
Also, MC 205 are pretty quick aren't they? Nice plane!
Cheers,

Oz_Canuck
02-12-2006, 05:39 PM
Now I don't get to play that much, so this may be old hat....
Been flying some Quick Misions with the new planes and noticed I always had someone on my 6. Turns out it's my wingman. Awfully nice of you, old chap, I thought.
I always thought they took off blasting baddies on their own. Is this a new thing?
Also, MC 205 are pretty quick aren't they? Nice plane!
Cheers,

slo_one23
02-12-2006, 05:49 PM
you have to tell the morons o go kill something even if u tell the first group wich they are part of so you have to tell wingman specifically

SeaFireLIV
02-12-2006, 05:58 PM
A Wingman`s job is to first and foremost stick to his leader, even if there`s no apparent danger. It`s not moronic for him to do that, it is quite correct. If you want him to leave you, you must tell him... again, correct.

@Oz_Canuck

This doesn`t sound new, but I`ve yet to try out any stuff offline with AI. Bearcat99 seems to have discovered some new stuff, but don`t know what.

Oz_Canuck
02-12-2006, 07:00 PM
It's good to have a pal...
Of course, the baddies will do a drag and bag on you as well.
I'll have to practise my wingman commands, so he does my bidding.
"Trevor, ready the MG, will you? I'm off to the Nurses Ball..."

sukebeboy
02-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Following you down to the runway and then ploughing into a field is not good AI.

slo_one23
02-12-2006, 07:32 PM
thats what i mean they go through moutains or ships it dont matter that y i say the ymorons

Nimits
02-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Well, the wing does a pretty good job of sticking with you in combat.

The rest I right off to "operational losses," which in reality killed more planes and men in most theaters than actual combat. Besides, its not as if human flyers never screw up a landing or take-off . . .

SeaFireLIV
02-12-2006, 07:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sukebeboy:
Following you down to the runway and then ploughing into a field is not good AI. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That`s different. people have got to be a little more informative than mention one point and saying `that`s not good AI`. the AI, in dogfights are good, the wingman helps as much he can etc, etc.

The point you`re referring to is where you are NOt the leader (cos the AI leader was killed) and you get AI wingies stuck on you no matter what - this part is indeed a problem, although they will separate to fight. I have yet to test and see if this was fixed with 4.03m.

sukebeboy
02-12-2006, 08:28 PM
It hasn't. Had two AI wingmen crack up on the runway while following me home after the leader got taken out in a mission last night.

They need to fix that and AI pilot gunnery, IMO.

money_money
02-13-2006, 01:00 AM
I used to find it annoying the way my wing man would follow me around and do nothing. even if there was an enemy AC in between me and him, he wouldnt shoot.

The other day, instead of the usual, tell every one, including the wingman to target all, I kept my wingman close and he was very effective. I kept the chat screen to my wingman open all the time and constantly gave him orders. every time an enemy got on my 6, pressed the 'anyone help me'(?) button, because he was already close, my wingman would shoot the attacker down very quickly. straight after that it was back to covering me.

&lt;3 $

Akronnick
02-13-2006, 03:19 AM
It seems to me that the AI have become more aggressive in stealing my kills since 4.03 came out, even to the point of constantly shooting over my shoulder.

Number Three is always the worst, you really have to watch that guy.

Hoatee
02-13-2006, 04:14 AM
Having a wingman ain't a new feature.

All the additions are great (I'm really glad about the new Italian flyables - now for some of their bombers and how about a few French flyables?).

J_Anonymous
02-15-2006, 09:29 PM
Can someone please tell me exactly what off-line commands I should send to convince my wingmen not to go head-on with a bomber formation, and don't chase bombers from 6? I did off-line QMB, 4 fighters vs bombers, and none of my wingmen seem smart enough. I want them to follow me, gain altitude, and dive attack from right above.