PDA

View Full Version : Which game did you like best? Revelations or Brotherhood?

Lurker178
12-03-2011, 07:18 PM
With all the topics that are condemning Revelations, I thought I'd make a poll to find out if the majority of the fans here liked Brotherhood over the recent Assassin's Creed game.

In my honest opinion, I found Revelations to be better than Assassin's Creed 1 and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, but not as good as Assassin's Creed 2. Revelations is superior to Brotherhood in many ways, such as the fact that your Assassin recruits feel more like people. The missions were more varied and interesting(the Minstrel mission being a good example) and they made the hook blade into a very fun new gameplay element that gives a lot more options to the players. I have mixed feelings about bomb-crafting however. On one hand, you can just use them to distract guards. On the other hand, it's now a lot more easy to just blow them up and it doesn't make much sense for an Assassin to use a weapon that would not only leave a mark, but make a sound loud enough for anyone to hear. It's cool, but you don't feel like an Assassin while using them.

Unlike Rome, Constantinople feels like a real city because most of the hub doesn't consist of just one big country side with only a quarter of it having buildings and city-streets(as was the case in Brotherhood). The new Mocam technology helps the graphics, although the fact that Desmond looks almost nothing like Desmond from the previous three games is disappointing. I guess it's just something we'll all have to get use to. The environments are also more varied. You'll go from big snowy mountains to underwater lakes to Byzantine structures like the Hippodrome and so on. Brotherhood had some variety, but it would have been better if the country-side wasn't as big as it was.

My biggest complaint for Revelations is the questionable acts Ezio commits, but the biggest WTF moment of the entire game wasn't the ending, but the part where Ezio sets a whole city on fire, harming a lot of people in the process, and doesn't even seem to care. He should have at least acknowledged that he hurt a lot of people in Capadoccia. And yes, I know no one ever said Ezio was a good guy, but Ezio was never this apathetic to the happenings of people around him.

But overall, I'd say that Revelations is the better game. Brotherhood was good, but not that good.

MaKaVeLiTL
12-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Brotherhood. Reason is I got to know and like Ezio in AC2 and ACB but in revelations it looked nothing like him, it didn't feel like I was playing as him, they should have waited until AC3 to change facial technology (apparently that's why they look different, and I don't really care about Desmond). Also the scenery and outfits in Brotherhood were stunning, in Revelations the city and outfits are ugly. The extra outfits they give you are Desmond (come up with something new already) and Old Altairs outfit which I don't like either. The Ishak Pasha and Turkish armor/outfit look ok but I'd prefer it if you could choose to remove the mask. Story wise I enjoyed them both but little things like lack of outfits ruin the game for me.

ACSineQuaNon
12-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Brotherhood.

I think a lot of people underestimate it, perhaps because AC2 set such a high standard. People probably expected the quantum leap that its predecessor provided. Brotherhood had a great story and great side content. The occasional cheesy line and the rushed ending were its only weaknesses.

tarrero
12-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Story: Bot are not that good, but I pick Revelations.

Graphics: Revelations.

Setting: Constantinople feels like a real city, unlike Roma´s portrayal which did not live up the expectations, aside from the Vaticano and Antico districts, is dull and feels rushed.

Missions: Leonardo´s Machines are good, but those regarding the storyline make me choose Revelations.

Although it does not top AC2 or AC1, I liked Revelations way more than Brotherhood.

MaKaVeLiTL
12-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Setting: Constantinople feels like a real city, unlike Roma´s portrayal which did not live up the expectations, aside from the Vaticano and Antico districts, is dull and feels rushed.

Constantinople was far duller than Rome.

daniway91
12-03-2011, 09:09 PM
After trying to stall as much as possible by completing side missions and going into the Multiplayer, I finally finished the story mode.
Okay; this is a tough one...but I'll have to go with Brotherhood.
I have to agree about the graphics, I hardly felt like the Ezio from Revelations was the same as the one from ACII and ACB...he just looks way too weird! I think the story from Brotherhood was more captivating, and there was more on the line, because honestly in ACR I could hardly even feel the threat of the Templars; it almost felt like there wasn't a battle going on; whereas in ACB it's either Ezio wins or the Borgias screw the world up!
This is not to say that I didn't love anything from ACR; I loved how there was a lot of new stuff with the gameplay; stuff that we had never done before. Sequence 8 was incredible.
I hope I'm making sense, I also think I might be bitter because I did not want to say goodbye to Altaïr and Ezio http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
All in all, sometimes it made me feel like I wasn't even playing Assassin's Creed anyomore...
I don't know. I have a lot of mixed feelings D:

eugenelim8888
12-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Put a spoiler tag dude

kriegerdesgottes
12-03-2011, 09:38 PM
This is actually kind of a tough call but I'd say Revelations by just a little bit although there are things about Brotherhood that I do miss like assassination missions and horses and VR missions.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Brotherhood. Personally, I think that Revelations sucked...

masterfenix2009
12-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Revelations. It had a superior storyline, great setting. The most alive. Great characters and dialogue. Best addition to AC yet.

Truemaster2011
12-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Overall, Brotherhood. I prefer Rome as a setting and really enjoyed fighting the borgia.
I miss ezio's brotherhood robes so much.

gamertam
12-03-2011, 11:12 PM
This is no way a biased answer at all. Brotherhood win this contest. Like someone said above, the outfits is kind of an un-appealing, where it were red, and white for Brohood. i didn't like most of the characters in ACR much maybe except Sophia. Brotherhood was the first in multi-player, and top it off. The VR training idea was great.

SinError
12-04-2011, 01:11 AM
AC II. AC: R felt like a downgrade, the story sucked comnpared to AC 2 and Brotherhood.

YuurHeen
12-04-2011, 01:40 AM
ac:r. the story truely is better. in acb you had the obvious enemy while in acr "nothing is true". in acb everything succeeds and everyone is happy while in acr "everything is permitted".

besides i enoyed altairs 50mins, the tomb missions were a lot more fun, no stupid machine levels, a cool city, better graphics, less desmond and a cool hookblade

LightRey
12-04-2011, 02:47 AM
Where's the "I liked them both equally" option?

blazefp
12-04-2011, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by assassino151:
Revelations. It had a superior storyline, great setting. The most alive. Great characters and dialogue. Best addition to AC yet.

This ^ without a doubt.

But I rather prefer Ezio from Brotherhood, he's more concerned with people, tries to do everything more stealthier than in ACR.

PhiIs1618033
12-04-2011, 04:08 AM
Here's my ranking:

Assassin's Creed >>> Assassin's Creed 2 > Assassin's Creed: Revelations >>> Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Ichthys91
12-04-2011, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
Here's my ranking:

Assassin's Creed >>> Assassin's Creed 2 > Assassin's Creed: Revelations >>> Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

And here is mine:

Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut

The end.

iNvid22
12-04-2011, 07:55 AM
brotherhood's my favourite, just started it again after finishing ac2 (again) and it looks so much better, its massive and the new features they threw in like combos and recruits were really good.

revelations does not make the same leap, it doesnt look much better than rome, character faces seem to be the only thing improved quite a bit. and gameplay wise its just the hookblade that feels like a new feature, the bomb crafting is half assed and the den defense sucks.

brotherhood > ac2 > revelations > ac1

Grazel69
12-04-2011, 08:29 AM
To be honest
AC1, after that everything started going up in a downward way
Ubisoft knew they had a gem in their hand and therefor didn't work as hard on the next games owkay yeah they added stuff, made it less repetitive but that's pretty basic stuff just to make you think they actually made the game better
All of the games after AC1 contained almost no story at all, practically none in Revelations whatsoever, they're just milking the cow untill it's dead without knowing that sometimes it's better to wait a little so they can make games who actually have some substance instead of putting al these useless things in the game
Den defense? just a little gimmick that's in there that no one like but because it's in there people think the games instantly better even if they don't like that part
Desmond missions? whats the point? no story was told there that we didnt know already

but if you really would have me choose which of the 2 is better i'd say Brotherhood it had some really great Ezio story(which doesn't count as real story to me but whatever) and it was a big step forward from AC2 gameplay wise
but between ACB and ACR I don't see that much difference

DavisP92
12-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Grazel69:
To be honest
AC1, after that everything started going up in a downward way
Ubisoft knew they had a gem in their hand and therefor didn't work as hard on the next games owkay yeah they added stuff, made it less repetitive but that's pretty basic stuff just to make you think they actually made the game better
All of the games after AC1 contained almost no story at all, practically none in Revelations whatsoever, they're just milking the cow untill it's dead without knowing that sometimes it's better to wait a little so they can make games who actually have some substance instead of putting al these useless things in the game
Den defense? just a little gimmick that's in there that no one like but because it's in there people think the games instantly better even if they don't like that part
Desmond missions? whats the point? no story was told there that we didnt know already

but if you really would have me choose which of the 2 is better i'd say Brotherhood it had some really great Ezio story(which doesn't count as real story to me but whatever) and it was a big step forward from AC2 gameplay wise
but between ACB and ACR I don't see that much difference

I do think AC1 has it's better qualities, but I think AC2's story is the best of them all. But refering to the op's question. I like Brotherhood's side-quests, and how the leaders of the other factions were assassins and they had stories to them. So brotherhood wins the side/faction quests. And maybe the main story as well for Ezio only, but ACR has better graphics. I like the city more then rome, there is more going on. I liked ACR's outfits more too, well when u made ezio's outfit white and red.

ACB: Story (both main and side). Factions.

ACR: Graphics, and city

ohh, so i guess it's ACB for me.

Dagio12
12-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Id have to go with Revelations.

IMO, it had a better overall storyline, the recruits were well done, the story missions were better executed and didnt feel as clumsy as some of the ones in ACB. Better character development. better city... slightly more challenging combat (but not much.. haha). It was a little short and lacked some side quests.. but overall I think Revelations wins for me.

dont get me wrong tho, i really enjoyed ACB as well.

Silvrslide
12-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by MaKaVeLiTL:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Constantinople was far duller than Rome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bull.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Language Please</span>

LightRey
12-04-2011, 12:02 PM
And not a single F was given that day. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

No ssly, both deserve much more than an F. At least a B+.

SolidSage
12-04-2011, 01:48 PM
ACR: I think the story crafting, combat and free running mechanics are superior, as are the recruits, tower defense and med, meta game.

Content is less, but I think the previous games would be improved with ACR's fine tuning.
Also, it's much more emotionally impacting.

All the previous games were 10/10 for me though, so, the only real winner.....is me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ProdiGurl
12-04-2011, 02:46 PM
I almost wish you offered a 3rd choice of,
It's a Tie.

But . . I'm just so fond of Brotherhood, I'll have to stick with that.
The things I loved w/ ACB are

-horses (I kept to one horse & loved it)
-Graphics - vivid colors
-Setting - ROME!
-Soundtrack - it's my favorite soundtrack altho ACR's is really growing on me.
Kill Streak/tutorial platform (=fun)
-Ezio's younger & it had some action with the ladies.

But ACR delivers better Missions that I'm enjoying. ACB was just too difficult for me in some areas w/ those syncs that threw me into raging tantrums . . the missions got really long & tedious too.
I'm enjoying these missions w/ the bombs, hookblade, ziplines & new recruiting system & Master Assassins.

I'm liking the mature feel to it even tho I wish the relationship w/ Sofia could be amped up alot more

They both deliver different things I like, I really love them both in different ways.

joelsantos24
12-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Seriously? A Brotherhood vs. Revelations thread already? The game has only been around for three weeks, and people are already discussing which "was" best? Wow... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

ProdiGurl
12-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Well sure, if you've played ACR thru you'de have an opinion.
I don't mean anything else by adding my 2 cents on the comparison of the 2.
I'll enjoy ACR many times over with great missions like these.

MaKaVeLiTL
12-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by POP_WW_2008:
Seriously? A Brotherhood vs. Revelations thread already? The game has only been around for three weeks, and people are already discussing which "was" best? Wow... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
I've 100& synched them both so think I can give a valid opinion.

Also another thing I've noticed is that Constantinople looks dirty. The sky looks smoggy, don't like the look of it at all. I used to enjoy climbing the pantheon in ACB, there's nothing that's as big as that to explore in ACR. And the glyphs? I liked doing those too!

LightRey
12-05-2011, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by MaKaVeLiTL:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by POP_WW_2008:
I've 100& synched them both so think I can give a valid opinion.

Also another thing I've noticed is that Constantinople looks dirty. The sky looks smoggy, don't like the look of it at all. I used to enjoy climbing the pantheon in ACB, there's nothing that's as big as that to explore in ACR. And the glyphs? I liked doing those too! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh, I dunno, you could try out the Hagia Sophia or the Galata Tower.

luckyto
12-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Ichthys91:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
Here's my ranking:

And here is mine:

Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut

The end. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAHA!

Assassin's Creed >>neck and neck>> AC2 >>short drop>> Revelations >>>>>>> and then way way way way down the list, Brotherhood.

joelsantos24
12-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
Well sure, if you've played ACR thru you'de have an opinion.
I don't mean anything else by adding my 2 cents on the comparison of the 2.
I'll enjoy ACR many times over with great missions like these.
Please, do not misinterpret me, I meant nothing by it, I merely expressed my surprise for the "analogy" threads to appear this soon. Regretably, I still have not bought Revelations, it is quite expensive here in Portugal, so I will most likely wait for the price to drop next year. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
Here's my ranking:

Well, take Revelations out of that equation (because I have not played it yet) and you get my ranking. Assassin's 1 is the greatest and it is not even a contest, in my humble opinion of course. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

orangebionic
12-06-2011, 04:45 AM
actualy , AC2 >>>>> the rest of it, for me.

I like Brotherhood more ,than revelations mostly, because renessaince Italy is simply awesome( i had to pass few fav history exams from that period, so playing game was like dream come true) but, realism, architecture, and storyline make me to keep thinking as ac2 and brotherhood as a two part of something which otherwise would be one game.

Well, multiplayer is completely diffferent story, barely played brotherhood, and just starting revelations online, not enough material to compare.

dxsxhxcx
12-06-2011, 05:04 AM
ACR because have a different setting and more important a different story (and also a more relevant story to the character as well) and not the same old Borgia situation... but Desmond sequences were better in ACB, even the ones in the island with S16 were lame and added nothing relevant (waste of an awesome character) to the story, and his own "memories" were probably are the worst thing they already did in an AC game...

Altair sequences didn't make him justice, only the one where <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Altair retake Masyaf and the one in the end of the game</span> were worth doing...

AdmiralLink
05-22-2012, 09:05 AM
I personally think AC 2 is better. You’re not fighting with the controls, the counter kill sequence is short and to the point and not too fancy.

Here are my reasons:
AC1: I can't complain a lot because AC was starting. If anything, gathering information was time consuming.

ACR:
Positive:

I like the setting because it gives a fresh environment and it takes place somewhere different instead of Italy. The hook blade is a neat idea. Story telling is great as usual in the AC series. Training is more practical and gives you instruction unlike AC: Brotherhood. Double assassination works.

Negatives:
The counter kills sequence is a bit long than it should be. Because if you want to do a combo, your character is too busy impaling the first enemy and by the time you’re done with the first one then you get hit by a second enemy; therefore, negating the combo.

Another one is why get rid of control where you can combo your sword with a gun like in Brotherhood. This is my experience but the controls are not as responsive as in AC2. I tried pressing the down direction because I want to switch from sword to fist in order to counter spear-man but some reason the character is still holding my main sword. I'm constantly fighting with the controls unless this is Ubisoft's way of showing that Ezio is fairly old. Also control scheme is somewhat awkward; for example you don't hold the square button to use the hidden gun instead your supposed to hold the triangle. Also instead of triangle for visions instead click L3; no first person view!

When you want to destroy Templar towers, you see the captains always running away which is annoying because you have to wait the next day if you fail to kill him (I'm currently in sequence 3 but I'm trying to destroy the third tower). This raises a question. How in the world did that guy get the rank of captain if he doesn't fight but runs away instead? I know in AC: Brotherhood that there are some captains that actually stays and fights (unless you can prove me wrong). When you want to stop locking onto the enemy, but the game doesn't allow you deselect locking onto enemy even though I press the button to deselect locking onto the enemy. By the time game allows you to deselect on the second or third time, your dead already.

This may be my opinion but the enemies look almost the same due to the amount of amour they are wearing. I don't like extra instruction if you want to get full synchronization. Where is the taunting function? What happen to the cut scene if you accidentally decline the mission because you’re not ready or have the adequate supplies? Also what happened to skipping cut scenes?

AC: Brotherhood:

Positives:
Great story, I like the combo chaining (even though the game tells you late in the game) and

Negatives: You’re fighting with the controls again because Ezio movement is slower than in AC2 (use same example of switching sword to fist to counter heavy soldiers).

Kill sequence is sometimes too fancy to the point that you hope your character doesn't do a counter kill that takes a long especially if you want to do a combo chain. I don't like the additional instruction to get full synchronization if you want to find Ezio's secret memories (though kinda sad to see Cristina die). Also, the horses AI is bad and hasn't changed in AC2 other than doing an assassination kill while on horseback. Training mode is a complete joke! No instructions at all other than the hints the game gives you or you go online to see how other people do it. Some of the modes are very strict on certain things like you’re not supposed to jump when you fall off the ledge; instead the game wants you to do a ledge drop (I don't remember the buttons sequence for ledge drop). When you do double assassination with your double hidden blade, bit of a hit and miss there.

De Filosoof
05-22-2012, 12:03 PM
definitely AC:Brotherhood for me !!

- I liked the conflict with the Borgia family and sneaking into vatican district :).
- The glyph puzzles weren't dumbed down from AC2, some of them were still a great challenge (or even a bigger challenge).
Oyeah, where were the glyph puzzles in ACR? I bet Constantinople has some really nice untold history and conspiracy that could be part of those puzzles.
- Optional lairs with their own mysterious story instead of woven into the main story like ACR ( it took away all the mystery).
- Fun from Beginning to end. ACR had a lot of "training" memories as main story missions, i didn't like that. Training missions should be optional to keep the more important stuff for the main story.
- ACR was shorter.
- ACR had no sidemissions.
- ACR had ridiculously stupid looking armor. I felt more like a gladiator than an assassin.
- ACR was way too over the top and personally i don't like over the top hollywood action stuff.
- ACB had a nice wtf ending, ACR didn't.

To name a few...

FilipinoNinja67
05-22-2012, 12:28 PM
Gameplay wise (except for most of the kill animations :/ ) : Revelations
Story Wise: Revelations
MP: Revelations before the update
Setting: Brohood
Graphics: Don't care about this unless a game looks as bad as Minecraft

kudos17
05-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Graphics: Don't care about this unless a game looks as bad as Minecraft

:eek: but Minecraft looks great with the style it was going for! :p

Anyway, in my personal opinion, it's an extremely tough call. On one hand, I like how Revelations' story was better, as was its characters. Many were far more grey than as black and white as they were in Brotherhood. Even Ezio had his moments where I doubted his call. Revelations brought out his angrier and darker side which finally proved to me how emotionally unfit to be an assassin he actually is. Not that he is bad at it, but he was never meant for it. After all, the life did choose him, not the other way around, and he's always been extremely bitter about it.

But the gameplay? It was meh. All the unnecessary things - the hookblade, the tower defense, etc etc. Just felt like they kept adding on and on to keep it interesting, and it just crowded and faltered the game.

So basically, what I'm getting at here, is: Revelations - better story. Brotherhood - better gameplay. Both are average compared to AC1 and AC2, however. But if I had to choose only one, Revelations, mainly because I care more about story than gameplay in the long run.

LightRey
05-22-2012, 02:28 PM
:eek: but Minecraft looks great with the style it was going for! :p

Amen! A world of blocks is supposed to look blocky. :p

GeneralTrumbo
05-22-2012, 03:40 PM
ac:r. the story truely is better. in acb you had the obvious enemy while in acr "nothing is true". in acb everything succeeds and everyone is happy while in acr "everything is permitted".

besides i enoyed altairs 50mins, the tomb missions were a lot more fun, no stupid machine levels, a cool city, better graphics, less desmond and a cool hookblade
Actually, there was more Desmond in Revelations. And I have no problem with it. I hope they add much more of him in AC3. They just need to work on developing his character better and not so sloppily.

Aphex_Tim
05-22-2012, 03:53 PM
Even Ezio had his moments where I doubted his call. Revelations brought out his angrier and darker side which finally proved to me how emotionally unfit to be an assassin he actually is.

In my experience it was exactly the other way around. Ezio was constantly p!ssed off in Brotherhood, kinda being a jerk overall, while in Revelations he seemed a lot calmer and friendlier to me.

UrDeviant1
05-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Revelations! I loved Constantinople.

Saar Ben Kiki
05-22-2012, 05:46 PM
from the comments here that prefer ACB, it can be seen that those who prefer ACB didnt really get into the setting/ story of ACR

this is my pick and my ranking of games:
AC2>ACR>AC>ACB
so i prefer ACR
in terms of story in brotherhood everything was rushed and straight to the point, no twists or shocking moments at all, the soundtrack was jsut fine and the cutscenes were just ok, you barely had any story based assassination contracts, one of the first contracts is just a random person who executed someone's beloved wife, most missions were not even related to the story but put in to fill the gap... and you had this obvious arch enemy from the beginning.

in ACR, soundtrack was AMAZING and i dare anyone to say otherwise, cutscenes were amazing and well scripted: the dialouge, the camera movement and placement fit in the right time with the soundtrack,
almost all the missions were not just random moments, but i confess that the storyline was a bit hard to follow (an average person would not understand all this sultan love hate relationship because we dont know this medieval politics business at all)
constantinople is not my fave city but thats me, but compared to brotherhood it was ALIVE, you could see in the cemetery people crying and hugging or someone reading a religious prayer, the market and streets were filled with people, but i think it lacked diversity in faces in ACR, but still much better than brotherhood.
50% of brotherhood was just extra stuff not related, the leonardo missions which were very good didnt even turn out to be actual part of the storyline.. while in ACR you went to masyaf in two periods of time, capadoccia undergrounds and constantuinople in several themes (dark,sunny and the fire sequence)

ending-wise, ACR was deep personal and amazing, ezio retired when he was enlightened with his truth, that hes done his part and then we get desmond's message,
while in ACB it was just put it to actually end the game with a cliffhanger(thats how it feels), it was ok and except for the outcome(her death) had no feeling ofgreatness like in ACR(soundtrack, camera, facial graphics)

undoubtedly ACR, lorne balfe must do AC3 cutscenes too

on a sidenote: acr had a huge potential but did not live up to the msot of it:
i expected more of altair, and a game much longer than acb... and seq8 could be longer and more thrilling...
and desmond/s16 could do an amazing job shaping their character..

wigster2012
05-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Brotherhood. There was more space, more missions and side missions. Revelations was to crowded for me, and there where far lesser missions. Plus the storyline felt like it was over by the 5th/6th sequence (that's what it felt like to me anyway). Brotherhood felt more open, like there was more to explore, more to do.

SixKeys
05-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Brotherhood. Longer, better story, better characters and lots more to do than in ACR.

MetalCreed
05-23-2012, 01:35 AM
ACR felt dull and boring.
New additions like the bombs, hookblade and Den Defense were unnecessary and boring.
It just felt like a half-assed game despite positive changes like graphics/aniamtion and depth to ACB's forumula.
The story really wasn't all that great..In some cases the game didn't have enough content or it kinda felt like a step back at times like the reward system.
I really like the MP changes though. Otherwise, disappointing game IMO.
One of the reasons why Brotherhood may have felt better is because it kinda worked off from AC2 which happens to be the best game of the series, and that it had a more engaging story with more Assassin-like feel to it. When ACR hit, the AC2 honeymoon phase was way more than over so that could be it too and personally I had been spoiled by playing the GOTY of 2011 which was Skyrim at that time.

masterfenix2009
05-23-2012, 05:25 AM
ACR. Better story, gameplay, and environment.

JumpInTheFire13
05-23-2012, 05:49 AM
Brotherhood. Ezio looked bad ***, the story was better IMO than Revelations, and, most of all, Rome was amazing!

De Filosoof
05-23-2012, 09:22 AM
ACR felt dull and boring.
New additions like the bombs, hookblade and Den Defense were unnecessary and boring.
It just felt like a half-assed game despite positive changes like graphics/aniamtion and depth to ACB's forumula.
The story really wasn't all that great..In some cases the game didn't have enough content or it kinda felt like a step back at times like the reward system.
I really like the MP changes though. Otherwise, disappointing game IMO.
One of the reasons why Brotherhood may have felt better is because it kinda worked off from AC2 which happens to be the best game of the series, and that it had a more engaging story with more Assassin-like feel to it.

Indeed.

egriffin09
05-23-2012, 08:08 PM
I like them both for different reasons. To me, Revelations had the better main storyline, but brotherhood had more & better overall side missions. I enjoyed Revelations a little more, I think because in Revelations, you didn't know how it was going to end. But in Brotherhood, you pretty much knew that you would stop the Borgia in the end (they showed the end of the game in the very beginning of the game, which was kind of dumb in my opinion). Plus Brotherhood had absolutely way too many follow/tail missions, like almost every mission Ezio was tailing a person. Revelations had a little more main mission variety In my opinion. Both good games, I enjoyed them both.

rileypoole1234
05-23-2012, 08:36 PM
Revelations just felt more important. Everything Ezio did before that had culminated up to that one point. It felt like it meant something when i played it.

Animuses
05-24-2012, 03:44 AM
It's like comparing stale bread to moldy bread. Which one takes less like crap?

Neither game added anything to the core gameplay. Both games were made for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

AdmiralLink
05-24-2012, 10:56 AM
definitely AC:Brotherhood for me !!

- I liked the conflict with the Borgia family and sneaking into vatican district :).
- The glyph puzzles weren't dumbed down from AC2, some of them were still a great challenge (or even a bigger challenge).
Oyeah, where were the glyph puzzles in ACR? I bet Constantinople has some really nice untold history and conspiracy that could be part of those puzzles.
- Optional lairs with their own mysterious story instead of woven into the main story like ACR ( it took away all the mystery).
- Fun from Beginning to end. ACR had a lot of "training" memories as main story missions, i didn't like that. Training missions should be optional to keep the more important stuff for the main story.
- ACR was shorter.
- ACR had no sidemissions.
- ACR had ridiculously stupid looking armor. I felt more like a gladiator than an assassin.
- ACR was way too over the top and personally i don't like over the top hollywood action stuff.
- ACB had a nice wtf ending, ACR didn't.

To name a few...

At least they were decent enough to give you training memories unlike Brotherhood which gives you no help at all.

Didn't AC2 have training memories?

Did anyone like the tower defense mini game in ACR? Desmond Journal was good and explains why Desmond left his home.

Has anyone experienced crashing or freezing while playing ACR?

AdmiralLink
05-24-2012, 11:14 AM
from the comments here that prefer ACB, it can be seen that those who prefer ACB didnt really get into the setting/ story of ACR

in ACR, soundtrack was AMAZING and i dare anyone to say otherwise, cutscenes were amazing and well scripted: the dialouge, the camera movement and placement fit in the right time with the soundtrack,
almost all the missions were not just random moments, but i confess that the storyline was a bit hard to follow (an average person would not understand all this sultan love hate relationship because we dont know this medieval politics business at all)
constantinople is not my fave city but thats me, but compared to brotherhood it was ALIVE, you could see in the cemetery people crying and hugging or someone reading a religious prayer, the market and streets were filled with people, but i think it lacked diversity in faces in ACR, but still much better than brotherhood.
50% of brotherhood was just extra stuff not related, the leonardo missions which were very good didnt even turn out to be actual part of the storyline.. while in ACR you went to masyaf in two periods of time, capadoccia undergrounds and constantuinople in several themes (dark,sunny and the fire sequence)

ending-wise, ACR was deep personal and amazing, ezio retired when he was enlightened with his truth, that hes done his part and then we get desmond's message,
while in ACB it was just put it to actually end the game with a cliffhanger(thats how it feels), it was ok and except for the outcome(her death) had no feeling ofgreatness like in ACR(soundtrack, camera, facial graphics)

undoubtedly ACR, lorne balfe must do AC3 cutscenes too

on a sidenote: acr had a huge potential but did not live up to the msot of it:
i expected more of altair, and a game much longer than acb... and seq8 could be longer and more thrilling...
and desmond/s16 could do an amazing job shaping their character..

I dunno about the music part for ACR and/or ACB. Most of the music doesn't match to their environment or doesn't make me feel like I'm in Rome or Constantinople. All I hear is small chorus. It seem like Ubisoft cheaped out on the music department.

Like AC2, the music makes me think of Florence (Ex. Home in Florence).

Story, cutscene and Voice over are spot on.

kalo.yanis
05-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Actually, the music for ACR was very apt, as it uses lots of instruments characteristic from this region. I should know. Even the chanting had Turkish vibes going on.

I sometimes fire up Revelations just to roam around Constantinople and listen to the ambient music, because it reminds me of home. :)

Dieinthedark
05-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Just one little deviation here- I think it's interesting how close the numbers are on this poll...continue

ajl992008
05-24-2012, 03:42 PM
revelations for me. the story in bortherhood for me was very lacking, it was so simple, heres a bad guy and go kill him. they didnt integrate the idea of ezio being a leader very well into the game the story was also very short it took me 10 hours to complete. revelations on the other hand in my opinion had the best story of all the games, ezio was a much stronger character here and even altair got some good character development. desmond while his gameplay wasnt good he got a lot of development by telling us his backstory. the gameplay was the best its ever been in acr, the characters were amazing whereas in brotherhood the characters took a step down compared to how they were in ac2. acr was a good length, the story took me 15 hours to complete. the graphics saw a huge boost. constantinople and cappadocia where amazing cities compared to rome. the sound track was miles better to acb and close to ac2. it surpassed acb in every way and there were really 2 issues that people experience which os 1. den defence.....its optional.. enough said. the second being that subject 16 didnt get much screen time and didnt reveal much which i must admit sucked. overall in my opinion acr beat acb in everyway possible.

ajl992008
05-24-2012, 04:03 PM
It's like comparing stale bread to moldy bread. Which one takes less like crap?

Neither game added anything to the core gameplay. Both games were made for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

the core gameplay is as follows: social stealth, free running and combat.

hookblade: changed free running and so had an influence on the CORE gameplay

bombs: had an effect on the stealth aspect depending on what bomb you used and it effected COMBAT, and again the CORE gameplay is affected.

eagle sense: this had an impact on the missions and how they were conducted they added more variety and so effected the CORE gameplay.

setting: this is a CORE part of the game, the setting it the place you will be spending your time and you are in A NEW setting and so effecting CORE gameplay.

den defence and first person missions: although these failed they were attempts to add new CORE mechanics to the game which would not have been added if the only purpose of the game was to be a cash cow on the ac name.

graphical improvements: if it was cashing in y bother improving the graphics? ac looked fine anyway why bother investing to make it look better?

now for brotherhood:

horse: new way of navigation, effecting freem roam and so effected core gameplay

fight system: complete change, fighting was different and so again......change in core gameplay.

assassins: a brand new system which in its self is integrated into the game making it a core gameplay element.

renovations: you always need to buy equipment and this changes the way u interact with the economy.....core gameplay changed.

i can go on and on but im bored of typing. no change would be just adding a couple of new types of weapons and a new type of armor and mayb a new mission type here and there but what they have added to each game is changes to CORE gameplay. and dude, all games are made for $$$$ its how the industry works but ubisoft know that to get the $$$ they need make good games and they have.

SixKeys
05-24-2012, 05:04 PM
the core gameplay is as follows: social stealth, free running and combat.

hookblade: changed free running and so had an influence on the CORE gameplay

bombs: had an effect on the stealth aspect depending on what bomb you used and it effected COMBAT, and again the CORE gameplay is affected.

eagle sense: this had an impact on the missions and how they were conducted they added more variety and so effected the CORE gameplay.

setting: this is a CORE part of the game, the setting it the place you will be spending your time and you are in A NEW setting and so effecting CORE gameplay.

den defence and first person missions: although these failed they were attempts to add new CORE mechanics to the game which would not have been added if the only purpose of the game was to be a cash cow on the ac name.

graphical improvements: if it was cashing in y bother improving the graphics? ac looked fine anyway why bother investing to make it look better?

now for brotherhood:

horse: new way of navigation, effecting freem roam and so effected core gameplay

fight system: complete change, fighting was different and so again......change in core gameplay.

assassins: a brand new system which in its self is integrated into the game making it a core gameplay element.

renovations: you always need to buy equipment and this changes the way u interact with the economy.....core gameplay changed.

i can go on and on but im bored of typing. no change would be just adding a couple of new types of weapons and a new type of armor and mayb a new mission type here and there but what they have added to each game is changes to CORE gameplay. and dude, all games are made for $$$$ its how the industry works but ubisoft know that to get the $$$ they need make good games and they have.

Just to comment on this, horses have always been part of the game. Being able to use them in cities is really not much of a core change. Renovations were introduced in AC2.

I don't really disagree with the rest of your post, although I think Animuses was talking about huge changes to the gameplay, like the kind of difference between AC1 and AC2. Apart from the assassin recruits, there weren't many innovations in ACB and ACR that weren't simply upgrades of already existing concepts (even Leonardo's war machines were based on the flying machine and carriage chase from AC2).

SleezeRocker
05-24-2012, 05:06 PM
I like em both fine but side-content and story wise, I think Brotherhood had it more ;)
so I choose Brotherhood

ajl992008
05-24-2012, 06:26 PM
Just to comment on this, horses have always been part of the game. Being able to use them in cities is really not much of a core change. Renovations were introduced in AC2.

I don't really disagree with the rest of your post, although I think Animuses was talking about huge changes to the gameplay, like the kind of difference between AC1 and AC2. Apart from the assassin recruits, there weren't many innovations in ACB and ACR that weren't simply upgrades of already existing concepts (even Leonardo's war machines were based on the flying machine and carriage chase from AC2).

you do have a fair point but it is also fair to say that if they had changed any of the things that was not changed then it wouldnt have been as good. so im guessing what ur saying is that it didnt include any new concepts and served to heavily upgrade existing system? i can agree with that. sure the renovation option was in ac2 but it wasnt as fully integrated as with acb. the horses were not really of use in ac2 and were sought of forced in ac1, acb is where they actually had a genuine use. if they for example changed how the mission structure worked i would b dissapointed as it works very well and i wouldnt want to see it changed.There were not many new concepts but they games cant be seen as cash ins as they add a lot to the gameplay. all additions were a huge step forward. we get ac3 now so everyone is gonna be pleased either way.

playassassins1
05-24-2012, 06:43 PM
I'm going with Brotherhood.

- A lot of side missions.
- Virtual Training
- Big map
- More Stealth
- Glyph Puzzles
- War Machines

Its not that I hate ACR. In fact, I love ACR.
I just thought that ACB was more fun, And kept you busy after the main mission.

De Filosoof
05-24-2012, 11:39 PM
At least they were decent enough to give you training memories unlike Brotherhood which gives you no help at all.

Didn't AC2 have training memories?

Did anyone like the tower defense mini game in ACR? Desmond Journal was good and explains why Desmond left his home.

Has anyone experienced crashing or freezing while playing ACR?

1. That's just not true. ACB had VR training missions, even better (and they were optional).

2. Yeah, but we're talking about ACB and ACR here, so...

3. No i didn't like the tower defense games and yeah the Desmond journey missions were ok and a nice change of pace but we already knew his history, so nothing new there.

AdmiralLink
05-27-2012, 10:37 AM
1. That's just not true. ACB had VR training missions, even better (and they were optional).

2. Yeah, but we're talking about ACB and ACR here, so...

3. No i didn't like the tower defense games and yeah the Desmond journey missions were ok and a nice change of pace but we already knew his history, so nothing new there.

I'm not sure if ACB has better VR training. I'll explain and maybe you can help me. When I go on VR training,I selected running training mode but instead of explaining the controls on running or dropping from a ledge while running. Your doing a marathon and maybe the explanation appears but only for 2 seconds before the checkpoints and if you do it wrong then you have to all start over. They should have added on how to do certain moves first than put those lessons to practice by running those training missions. I had to go online and watch videos on how to do combo kills and extended combo kills (throwing throws/ using hidden pistol).

ACR VR training was done properly because there were explanation on how to perform those moves and practice on using a bomb at the same time learn each effects ability. You can practice the moves over and over until your know the moves really well.

I hope in AC3 that instructions or training mode is explained first then you can perform those moves.

But Desmond journey also show that Desmond ran away from his destiny instead of embracing it. I notice throughout the series, I don't see Desmond truly admit to his mistakes but he just goes with the flow and says he is part of the assassin to stop the Templar. He didn't seem quite genuine about his feelings but rather accepts it rather quickly. In ACR, you truly see Desmond admits his mistake and regrets it.

One thing Ubisoft needs to improve (to me) is the full synchronization part. Some of the synch missions are very hard or too easy. I didn't like the part where you had to protect a herald (sounds simply enough) but they had to ratchet up the difficult by adding that the herald cannot take damage or else you fail in getting full synch. That part was frustrating and I still cannot do it.

Sukramo
05-27-2012, 02:04 PM
ACR had in my eyes, terrible villains, removed mounted enemies and combat, no glyphs, no real side quests and the two things it did added (TD and bombs) were not needed.

Hands down, ACB is my favorite in the whole series.

SixKeys
05-27-2012, 02:51 PM
ACR's tutorials were really poorly implemented. In previous games you had a clear place you could go to when you wanted to train. In ACR it was blink-and-you'll-miss-it button prompts at the top of the screen. Usually I was busy doing a mission and before I had time to read what the prompt said, it was gone, and there was no way to easily access the tutorials from the main menu. I hope AC3 will bring back the training ground or VR Room that can be easily accessed at any time.

DylanJosh9
05-27-2012, 03:09 PM
Brotherhood easily. ACR was disastrous.

OriginalMiles
05-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Story: ACB
Gameplay: ACB
Graphics: ACR

ACB wins

beatledude210
05-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Story: ACR

Gameplay:ACB

Setting:ACB

Now I love ACB, but I liked ACR's story more, although I prefer ACB's gameplay and setting.

fyiByas
05-28-2012, 02:50 AM
Brotherhood all the way!

Because Revelations was just mediocre game IMO. Constantinople was unbelievably boring, dull and a very very brown city. There was no variety in the setting at all, and dat pointless cave place...
ACB had a huge fortress, countryside, city and even the Colosseum. The story wasn't that good in Revelations and actually turned me away from the AC Series...

BATISTABUS
05-28-2012, 06:48 AM
I liked different things about them. Overall, gameplay improvements were much more notable in Brotherhood, while most of the new mechanics in Revelations were bad or unnecessary. I thought the Brotherhood concept and characters were more interesting, but I preferred character interactions and development in Revelations. I liked the way Constantinople looked, but wasn't really interested in it as a city. Brotherhood's multiplayer had terrible load times, but at least allowed me to join a match with a single party member. Revelations' multiplayer added cool new features and modes, but had less memorable characters and more bugs. Also, the ending of Revelations was botched with the main twist being in the DLC, which was especially dulled down in a game mode that (while I found interesting for what it was) wasn't popular within the community.

Overall, Brotherhood left the bigger impact, even though there were some things Revelations did better.

luckyto
05-29-2012, 09:25 PM
I agree with the original poster on almost all accounts.. except *cough* AC1 is better *cough*. I prefer ACR, but BOTH games seriously needed six more months in the oven before hitting release.

What's more fascinating is how even the split in the voting is... that's like a statistical tie.

Animuses
06-02-2012, 04:25 AM
there weren't many innovations in ACB and ACR that weren't simply upgrades of already existing concepts (even Leonardo's war machines were based on the flying machine and carriage chase from AC2).
Basically what was on my mind.

@ajl992008
The core gameplay is freerunning, combat, and stealth.
The hookblade simply sped up climbing. They didn't add any new ways to climbs buildings. You're argument is now invalid.
Bombs were no different than the crossbow or the hookblade. It was just another one of Ezio's Batman-esque gadgets that actually added nothing to the actual core gameplay. It was an added option, not part of the core gameplay though. Invalid.
Eagle Sense was a more precise version of Eagle Vision. Did it effect freerunning, combat or stealth? I think not. Invalid.
Setting is not an addition to the core gameplay. That's like saying the $60 annual CoD map packs add to the gameplay. Invalid.
Den Defense/First-person missions did not effect freerunning, combat, or stealth. Invalid.
Graphical Upgrade? Is that your last resort?
Horses were always prominent in AC. The horses were almost a necessity for fast traveling in the kingdom and the wetlands without actually using fast travel (same in Brotherhood). Invalid.
They basically gave up on the potential of the previous combat style and went with an overly simplified version that's a bad knock off of the Batman combat. I'll give you this one.
The Brotherhood did not add anything to your ability in freerunning, combat and stealth. Invalid.
Renovations were in AC2. They whole "rebulding" Rome only added hours of gameplay to compensate for the short story. It also didn't add anything to the core gameplay. Invalid.

If you want to be ignorant and believe Ubisoft isn't milking their BIGGEST FRANCHISE then do so; you have my permission. Brotherhood was a cut sequence or two that was made into a game. Revelations was supposed to be a 3DS title.
There is one BIG reason why Patrice left.

BeCk41
06-04-2012, 06:46 PM
I really am a fan or Bro-hood, but they perfected Revelations so much, that I think it is indeed my new favorite <3