PDA

View Full Version : Pe-2 addon campaign bugs?

Toten_Waffe
04-28-2006, 04:05 PM
In both the campaigns for the pe-2 and pe-3 (navy) camapaigns at random points during the first mission of each I get a crash to desktop with the an application error message...

"the instruction at "0x0c041d8a" referenced memeory at "0x0c0a8be8". The memory could not be "read"

I have tried both campaigns three times to test it but at random points I get the same CTD.....I dont ever recall any crashes happening to me in this sim before.

I know Feathered had this problem....has any body else?

Its a shame as the Pe-2 is such a lovely plane to fly and the install went smoothly.

Toten_Waffe
04-28-2006, 04:05 PM
In both the campaigns for the pe-2 and pe-3 (navy) camapaigns at random points during the first mission of each I get a crash to desktop with the an application error message...

"the instruction at "0x0c041d8a" referenced memeory at "0x0c0a8be8". The memory could not be "read"

I have tried both campaigns three times to test it but at random points I get the same CTD.....I dont ever recall any crashes happening to me in this sim before.

I know Feathered had this problem....has any body else?

Its a shame as the Pe-2 is such a lovely plane to fly and the install went smoothly.

Feathered_IV
04-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Maybe this needs a little bump.

Toten_Waffe
04-28-2006, 08:39 PM
seems like a few of the guys at simhq forums are also having a similar problem. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

I really hope I dont have to reinstall from scratch as I have not got a dvd rom or the combined dvd.....just separates.

luthier1
04-28-2006, 08:54 PM
If you go to your il-2 directory, do you see any hs_err_pid***.log files, where the * can be any number? See if you have any from today, from the time when your machine crashed.

Toten_Waffe
04-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Sorry Luthier......when I check I have a few in there from a long time ago but none that coincide with when I had the CTD's and messages today with Pe-2.

Fishey...504
04-28-2006, 09:46 PM
I've the same problem (posted in the Help area) And also have a few hs_err_pid***.logs but from awhile ago. The newest is dated March 31st, 2006.

Feathered_IV
04-28-2006, 10:02 PM
There only one in my directory, but its dated 25th Feb 2006.
I wonder if the campaign errors only happen with the pe2 missions and not the il2 and fighter campaigns...

Ernst_Rohr
04-28-2006, 10:28 PM
I had the exact same error. It does seem to be occuring primarily in the Pe-2 missions. One was random, the second was when I attempted to take a screenshot.

I have not had that happen in any of my regular campaigns (yet). Might just be a bug, possibly in the campaign, perhaps related to some of the new ground content?

mllaneza
04-29-2006, 12:28 AM
I've gotten screenshots out of a QMB with a Pe-2. Try a fresh conf.ini and re-tweak it in fbsetup.exe. Based on about half an hour with it, 4.05 has some subtle differences.

Feathered_IV
04-29-2006, 12:57 AM
When I get off work I'll take a look at the missions in FMB. It's almost like there is an object set to spawn that is not included in the non-Russian release. Odd.

kidneuro
04-29-2006, 01:46 AM
The same memory error happened here as well. I was flying the first of the Navy campaign over the Gulf of Finland. After a time skip (you know: black screen with little clock on the bottom) the game became choppy with little pauses every 5 or 10 seconds, then after a minute or so came the crash with the error notice.

Maybe it's a bug with the Leningrad map, or the timeskip function. I have started the other Pe-2 campaign over Kursk and no problem with that so far.

And of course I have wiped out Bootybox totally of my computer (uninstall then manually delete the rest, regedit, msconfig etc.), so that can't be a problem.

And one other thing: I wanted to fly again one of the single player missions I tried last night but all of the Pe-2 missions have disappeared... So if you guys don't want to lose them make them read only just in case.

dixiechick1964
04-29-2006, 02:35 AM
Ive gotten a "run-time" error after about 20 minutes or so of playing each kind of Pe2 mission.
Crashes to the desktop, and its real dissapointing. I sure hope someone can come up with a fix for this.
Perhaps Oleg ??

NerdConnected
04-29-2006, 02:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kidneuro:
The same memory error happened here as well. I was flying the first of the Navy campaign over the Gulf of Finland. After a time skip (you know: black screen with little clock on the bottom) the game became choppy with little pauses every 5 or 10 seconds, then after a minute or so came the crash with the error notice.

Maybe it's a bug with the Leningrad map, or the timeskip function. I have started the other Pe-2 campaign over Kursk and no problem with that so far.

And of course I have wiped out Bootybox totally of my computer (uninstall then manually delete the rest, regedit, msconfig etc.), so that can't be a problem.

And one other thing: I wanted to fly again one of the single player missions I tried last night but all of the Pe-2 missions have disappeared... So if you guys don't want to lose them make them read only just in case. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here. Same campaign and similar error. Every 10 seconds or so a small hickup and then 2 minutes later the dreaded application error.

I changed the Nvidia driver panel settings (2xaa, No ani., high quality, all optimizations off) and lowered resolution to 1152x864 (Nvidia 84.25 XP64). In game settings: bilear, no st3c, use vertex arr., clip hint off, use palette off.

After this I did'nt have any hickup's anymore.

Mark

SPLASH_1
04-29-2006, 02:59 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v435/POLISH_PILOT/pe2a.jpg

same here http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

kidneuro
04-29-2006, 03:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NerdConnected:
Same here. Same campaign and similar error. Every 10 seconds or so a small hickup and then 2 minutes later the dreaded application error.

I changed the Nvidia driver panel settings (2xaa, No ani., high quality, all optimizations off) and lowered resolution to 1152x864 (Nvidia 84.25 XP64). In game settings: bilear, no st3c, use vertex arr., clip hint off, use palette off.

Mark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have an ATI card, so I think it's not a driver issue...

NerdConnected
04-29-2006, 03:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kidneuro:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NerdConnected:

Mark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have an ATI card, so I think it's not a driver issue... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, wasn't the solution 'cause I still have hickup's although less long than before. It must be something else.

I saw CsThos posted some info (He was referring to the German UBI forums) in simhq about replacing the new .exe's with the original 404m il2.exe and il2fb.exe. The sizes differ (11k vs ~ 1300 k) so it looks like the UBI installer added some extra code something here.

I restored the orignal .exe's to see if this fixes it. Fortunately, the game starts normally with the old exe files.

Mark

NerdConnected
04-29-2006, 04:47 AM
kidneuro,

The old 404m exe's seem to do the job ;-) No more stuttering or dreaded il2fb.exe application error ;-)

Only problem now is to find out if there are really differences, other than copy protection (and a bit of drm), between the new 'boonty' exe's and the old 404m ones. If UBI only 'boonty-nized' the exe's were save ;-)

Mark

eckhart1957
04-29-2006, 05:11 AM
I have exactly the same problem with other maps. How do you reset to the 4.04m.exe ? Do you use the 4.04 patch to reinstall the old exe after the installation of the PE2 extension ?
Thx for your help.

Toten_Waffe
04-29-2006, 05:18 AM
I definitely dont think its a problem with the exe file that you launch the game with as it happens randmly during the missions and not at launch...which you would expect. Also I was using the old one when the crashes happened (I still use the il2hk enabler exe.....have done since very first install of FB and never had a single crash until now http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif)

And I think its defiitely not a graphics issue.

Here is what my crash looks like http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/toten_waffe/crash.jpg

Dunkelgrun
04-29-2006, 05:49 AM
Me too.
Pe-2 Navy campaign, 1st mission, approaching target. Same as other posts above.

Cheers!

FlatSpinMan
04-29-2006, 07:48 AM
I got an error after clicking apply on the first mission (1944 Pe-2 one, forget the name. Flying with Guards Divebombing Sqdn). Hit apply, freeze, error message (sorry, don't recall it) and crash to desktop.
Like the Pe-2 itself though. Nice briefing and airbase, too.

TROOPER117
04-29-2006, 08:04 AM
Same as... First navy mission on approach to target, get the 'memory error'. Oh, and on the single missions, and on the IL2 campaign!
Real bummer... wish I hadn't payed for the thing now, as at the moment the only way to get the sim playing properly is to go back to the 4.04m version... Kind of a waste of time after I've spent good money on it!

PF_Coastie
04-29-2006, 08:06 AM
Hey guys, I also had one of these crashes in the first Pe-2 mission.

I am seeing a common bond here I think.

1. Looks like everyone was using external views.

2. Some were using time skip function.

I was using both when crash occured.

luthier1
04-29-2006, 08:55 AM
Guys, this is really not something I can resolve on my own, so we'll have to wait for the big guns to come to work on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday in Russia).

kidneuro
04-29-2006, 09:29 AM
Maybe a new ground object is corrupted and it's causing these memory errors. Since they are not used in any other campaigns, only the new ones are affected... hopefully we'll get a fix soon.

csThor
04-29-2006, 09:36 AM
Can you find out if this a "time" issue (meaning the crash happens at a precise time or at some special event) or if you reach a certain location?

Just doing guesswork here ...

Egatiro
04-29-2006, 10:49 AM
Might be a technical problem in your drivers or PIV-dlls?
I have a Russian Pe-2 CD and the Navy compaign works without problem. The only problem is that it requires good RAM on the PC...

Toten_Waffe
04-29-2006, 10:51 AM
My PC is more than powerful enough and the error happens at random times in the campaigns

Egatiro
04-29-2006, 11:04 AM
You mean all FOUR new campaigns from Pe-2 addon or any compaigns (including those you started before Pe-2 addon)?
If the problem happens also in "earlier" compaigns, and before 4.05 it did not happen, that simply means that problem is not in the static object corrupture but in 4.05 grafic engine...
This is how it appears to me from logical reasoning...

VF-17Glider
04-29-2006, 11:07 AM
I had the same problem. I was on my dive for bombing the ships and wallah... same thing happened. I did not use time compression and was flying Full Switch... no external views. You guys should check the Boonty Thread. The new .exe automatically runs two Boonty .exe's even if you have Boonty uninstalled which is what I did. I think it is what is causing the the stutters and the crash. I had the crash happen to me twice, both times as I got tothe target area. Here is the Boonty thread for those that may not have seen it:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/2721030834

NerdConnected
04-29-2006, 02:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VF-17Glider:
I had the same problem. I was on my dive for bombing the ships and wallah... same thing happened. I did not use time compression and was flying Full Switch... no external views. You guys should check the Boonty Thread. The new .exe automatically runs two Boonty .exe's even if you have Boonty uninstalled which is what I did. I think it is what is causing the the stutters and the crash. I had the crash happen to me twice, both times as I got tothe target area. Here is the Boonty thread for those that may not have seen it:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/2721030834 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

VF-17Glider,

Yep similar thing happened with me last night. When things got busy, I got the openGL error. Other than that, I got stutters every 10 seconds or so. Still not sure what was causing this.

I've used both old 404 and new 405 exe today and both did not generate openGL crashes or stutters whatsoever. The only difference is I completely tried to remove the Boonty stuff on my pc (registry, msconfig, etc, etc).

The extra boonty processes of 405 exe are not causing any errors (btw, I killed both Boonty processes while running il2 and the game simply keeps on running).

Come to think of it, but the only time I saw this OpenGL Buffer error and got major stuttering was when I had the Boonty software fully installed and configured on my pc together with the new 405 exe. Now, after I crippled the Boonty software, it seems to be okay ;-)

Mark

Toten_Waffe
04-29-2006, 03:08 PM
Ok I think this is definitely the answer (thanks Dano at simhq) It appears that the 4.05 exe files that run Boonty in the background are causing the problem CTD's and memory errors people have got. I replaced my 4.05 il2.exe and il2fb.exe with the files from the previous 4.04m version and I am now 3 missions into each of the two Pe-2 campaigns with no problems so far (apart from losing a wing to flack).

This is not 100% sure the fix but it appears to work for me so I need you guys to test it as well.

First I need to know from the mods if it is ok to distribute the 4.04m exe's (dont want to be a pirate...arrr) or if you backed up your originals/have a friend who is still on 4.04m etc then get them off of them.

When testing please try a mixture of outside/external views, varius time compression, auto pilot/manual flight etc.....and also try at different times ie: play some QMB, fly online for a bit and then try a campaign or load up Il2 and fly a campaign first...whatever but try a mixture.

If this does appear to be the fix I think the mods should put a sticky thread up about backing up your 4.04m exe files before buying and installling the addon.

I will let you know if anything else changes with me.

luthier1
04-29-2006, 05:29 PM
Thanks guys for the heads-up, I'd like to hear feedback from others experiecing this issue and whether replacing the .exes and disabling boontybox fixes the crashes for everyone.

Haigotron
04-29-2006, 05:36 PM
hum, there's a folder in my "Program Files" called "MY installed programs" (http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif) that has other exes, and what nots...

Do i go back to my ubisoft folder, and copy paste those exes into this new folder?

Toten_Waffe
04-29-2006, 06:08 PM
No leave them alone for the moment....incase for some obscure reason you need them in the future.

What you need to do is remove them from your

"...program files/ubi soft/il2 sturmovik forgotton battles" folder

(save them somewhere)and replace them with those same named files from a 4.04m version of the game. You need to get someone to give you these but at the moment I am unsure if this is ok to do. Do you know anybody still running 4.04m that could e-mail you a copy of theirs.
Check out the simhq forums for a bit more info &lt;nudge nudge&gt; http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Feathered_IV
04-29-2006, 06:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PF_Coastie:
Hey guys, I also had one of these crashes in the first Pe-2 mission.

I am seeing a common bond here I think.

1. Looks like everyone was using external views.

2. Some were using time skip function.

I was using both when crash occured. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, all my crashes have been from the cockpit without making use of time skip functions. Toten_Waffe, thanks for the tip on the .exes! I'll have to undo my restore, grab the old ones from backup and then return to my current position though. For some reason the original .exe's dissapeared after I put them in a safe place and used system restore the first time.

Toten_Waffe
04-30-2006, 03:26 AM
Bumpity bump........is the memory error still there on anyones PC?

By the way, here is the link to the simhq description for fixing the errors.

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb....topic;f=144;t=004627 (http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=144;t=004627)

SPLASH_1
04-30-2006, 05:19 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Good fix.
Replaced exe files
Boonty box no longer loads in the background
No more memory errors

I realy like il2 series and the Pe-2 is exellent
but to have an error like this is appaling.
Ubi have once again stuck in a completely unnecessary and intrusive piece of software.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

eckhart1957
04-30-2006, 05:50 AM
Completely agree with you. It is a patent violation of privacy imposed on us without any true explanation regarding the hidden character of this spyware. I understand that the company wants to protect its soft and to know more about its market evolution but there are user polls for that... We should make more noise about this f...... piece of sh.. spyware !!!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

heywooood
04-30-2006, 09:35 AM
yes...after taking time to get the scope of this boonty box intrusion and the frustration of trying to remove it and still have functioning software that I PAID for....and UBI - I was not looking to buy over an hour of frustrating spyware/malware removal - I am extremely dissapointed and will not buy software again in this manner from you.

I see that 1c Oleg was not responsible and that his product was Hijacked by UBI....Oleg you might want to find another publisher/distributor. Enough is enough.

dixiechick1964
04-30-2006, 05:07 PM
I haveor had the same problem. I read the guide in the Community Help forum that ???? posted. (cant remember the name).
I followed the instructions the best i could, and when i reflew, i FINALLY got all the way home. Unfortunatly, i bellyflopped onto the field.. lol.
I hope the next missions in the Naval campaign works as well.

eckhart1957
04-30-2006, 07:19 PM
After killing the Boontybox, I still got this spyware poping up hidden inside the new ILFB.exe. As I didn't backup my 4.04, there was no possibility of rollback to the old exe. Fortunately, we have two complete installations of ILFB in our place. I just took the two ILFB.exe files (those with the plane icon) of the other 4.04 version we have and pasted it into my ILFB folder smashing by the way the corrupt Boonty infected version. IT WORKED !!!
Conclusion: get yourself these two exe. files and you will be able to play "Boonty-free" (I tested it with http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif .

By the way, the new 4.05 is great. Fluid graphics, PEs ....

Don't blame it on Oleg and his group. There are those marketing people who f....d up.

Codex1971
05-01-2006, 08:01 AM
Sorry to bust the conspiracy theory running atm but this problem has been running long before PE-2...

I've had it several times. I notice a common occurrence when I use IL2DCG by Lowengrin replacing the DGen with DCG.

I think its more of a driver/hardware issue than software, as it always seems to happen when the numbers get big in the object department.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/49310655/m...471000124#1471000124 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/49310655/m/1471000124/r/1471000124#1471000124)

eckhart1957
05-01-2006, 10:26 AM
This is not about conspiracy and other paranoid ideas. It is plain and simple: Imagine the mailman delivers a package to you with your new television set. Then he enters your home, walks around and takes notes about every Hifi and Videosystem you own. Moreover, he tells you that whenever you switch on the TV, he will come back and check what program you are watching and for how long. WOULDN'T YOU HATE THAT ?
Well, that is what Boontybox is doing with us. I have nothing special to hide (except that I fly on MFS 2004 too... I am ashamed that everybody knows it now). However, my home is my castle and I hate it when someone busts in without being invited. The same is true for my computer.

Now regarding this game crash. It is true, something similar happened before on a very exceptional base (had it once or twice in several years). Now it happened every time you are going on a long mission with a lot of objects. You just bombed the hell out of those Japs and you are on your flight home, proud of what you accomplished and whammo ! the stuttering starts and then exit !
I had to remove the boontybox with all the registry entrys, replace the ILFB exes and clear out all the other boontybox files to get back to what I had before. This is not a problem of hardware (dual core AMD, Nvidia Geforce 9700 GTX times two en SLI, 4 ventilators on the rig, 2GB of RAM etc.). It is cleary the Boontybox which WORSENED a problem we saw once in a while before. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Toten_Waffe
05-01-2006, 10:44 AM
Well I had never seen that error before....and I mean 100% never had it before.

Installed Pe-2 addon.....that error happened EVERY single time I tried either of the Pe-2 campaigns. I tested each campaign about 3 times to check this out and it happened every single time without fail.

I have since swapped the new exe files with the old 4.04exe files and the problem dissapeared immediately. Im up to mission 4 of both of the campaigns.

No coincidence you say? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif This appears to have fixed the error for many moor people as well....check the other thread about the cure.