PDA

View Full Version : Il2 Vs 109

blazer-glory
06-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Ive found myself on the recieving end of 109s on various occasions during the campaigns in the first Il2 game and wondered. Is there anything I can actually do to escape its venom? Flying a bomber I cant really see theres much I CAN do apart from hope that my useless AI fighter cover actually does its job! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

blazer-glory
06-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Ive found myself on the recieving end of 109s on various occasions during the campaigns in the first Il2 game and wondered. Is there anything I can actually do to escape its venom? Flying a bomber I cant really see theres much I CAN do apart from hope that my useless AI fighter cover actually does its job! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

JadehawkII
06-06-2005, 01:10 PM
What I do is get down close to the ground and stay there on my way home. But if I'm attacked and they get on my six, then I just bank and turn as sharp as I can with out stalling to keep them from getting a bead on me.

Call for help as well when you know your going to get attacked. Soon enough, the Bf109 AI will start to stall then level off to gain airspeed. Once they do, it's your turn to get on their six and make powder puff outta them with your cannons.
Not 100% effective, but works for me most of the time.

blazer-glory
06-06-2005, 03:38 PM
LOL Thanks for the tips. Not sure my skill levels are to that yet but I'll give it a go. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AerialTarget
06-06-2005, 10:36 PM
Back in the original IL-2, before we had any decent aircraft, I used to fly the Sturmovik campaign. I don't really get too excited over ground pounding, so I used to dogfight Me-109s when I was supposed to be bombing convoys or some other drudgery. The IL-2 is nearly a match for Emils.

blazer-glory
06-07-2005, 04:00 AM
LOL Yeah I know what you mean but I can't really see the two planes being closely matched.

Skarphol
06-07-2005, 04:57 AM
Since you are unable to outrun a Bf-109, you should call for help, stay low & slow, use your combat-flaps to enhance manouvering and zig-zag towards friendly territory. The 109's will usually make passes at you, and as long as they don't shoot you from below, the Sturmovik will take an astonishing amount of damage before it goes down. If you are able to determine what way the 109 will pass you, you can try to shoot at it once it has passed. Finding out where your attacker is, is a huge problem though, as the rearview from the IL-2 cockpit is allmost non-excistant.
If you do try to get a snapshot at him as he passes, be carefull not to pull your plane quick upwards if you are flying low & slow, as this may cause the plane to stall, and there will be no time to recover. The Sturmovik is by the way very stable, and not easy to stall.

Skarphol

Vipez-
06-07-2005, 05:01 AM
If you are fighting against AIs best tactics is to make keep turning constantly, if you do rolling scissors this is usually where the AI hits you, when you perform the change of direction by rolling.. so to avoid AI's bullets keep turning on same direction.