PDA

View Full Version : In-game voice communication?

Jigen1
09-29-2004, 10:32 PM
I really enjoyed Battlefield 1942 and this game looks like its going to be even better. The question that I have is will this game have voice enabled in-game communication. That was something BF1942 lacked and in the multiplayer mode with 128 people it would be a great tool to have instead of have to type messages to your teamates while your trying to fly.

Jigen1
09-29-2004, 10:32 PM
I really enjoyed Battlefield 1942 and this game looks like its going to be even better. The question that I have is will this game have voice enabled in-game communication. That was something BF1942 lacked and in the multiplayer mode with 128 people it would be a great tool to have instead of have to type messages to your teamates while your trying to fly.

carguy_
09-30-2004, 06:01 AM
Uuuh..I don`t get your comparement with BF1942.Maybe you`re aiming for the wrong type of the game?

Anyway,IL2 and IL2 based sims have ingame voice comunication option,I never used it but every opinion I heard about it that it`s better to get TS2 or Ventrillo.

Jigen1
09-30-2004, 02:16 PM
In the multiplayer modes of BF1942 you can play with up to 64 people and it gets kinda hectic since they have no in game voice communication and you need to communicate with your teamates. Especially while your flying its hard to keep the plan from crashing while typing at the same time.

Jigen1
09-30-2004, 02:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carguy_:
Uuuh..I don`t get your comparement with BF1942.Maybe you`re aiming for the wrong type of the game?

Anyway,IL2 and IL2 based sims have ingame voice comunication option,I never used it but every opinion I heard about it that it`s better to get TS2 or Ventrillo. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BF1942 is just an FPS its a flight sim mixed with vehicles, and also standard FPS run and gun.

LStarosta
09-30-2004, 04:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jigen1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carguy_:

Anyway,IL2 and IL2 based sims have ingame voice comunication option,I never used it but every opinion I heard about it that it`s better to get TS2 or Ventrillo. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BF1942 is just an FPS its a flight sim mixed with vehicles, and also standard FPS run and gun. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PLEASE, don't EVER... EVER(!!!) call BF1942 a Flight Sim, and don't EVER compare it to the IL2 series.

That will be all.

Jigen1
09-30-2004, 04:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LStarosta:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jigen1:

BF1942 is just an FPS its a flight sim mixed with vehicles, and also standard FPS run and gun. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PLEASE, don't EVER... EVER(!!!) call BF1942 a Flight Sim, and don't EVER compare it to the IL2 series.

That will be all. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So I take it you never played it then.

Jigen1
09-30-2004, 05:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LStarosta:

That will be all. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I never compared it to the IL2 series. Next time actually take the time to read my post.

The_Pharoah
09-30-2004, 05:55 PM
boys boys, don't detract from the original post. I think an in-game voice communication option would be a great idea, however its probably not going to happen. Most people esp squads use some form of external program eg. Ventrilio or TS or RW.

As far as BF1942 is concerned - I've played it a lot...infact too much, such that its now gathering dust on my shelf (along with the 100 other games I've been through). Its not a flight sim and will never be, but then again it was never meant to be. Its an FPS with vehicles and thats it. Case closed. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif