PDA

View Full Version : AC3 to be realeased in 2012?? I think so..

Altair661
09-17-2011, 11:54 PM
I know I already made a thread with this video, but after watching it a 2nd time I noticed something else more important. Start at about 8:00

http://www.gametrailers.com/ep...trailers-tv/132?ch=1 (http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/132?ch=1)

"We are leading up to that special moment in 2012 when the game and real life actually meet" - Alex Amancio

So it's not conclusive...but I believe it to be pretty good evidence that AC3 will come out in 2012(continuing the annual realeases).

However more specifically, it could come out on either October 18th or 19th. Since the end on Brotherhood when they got the apple, it was 72 days before the sattelite launch which is on December 22nd. Which would make it the 18th. However it seems pretty dark, or early morning, and depending when Desmond gets put in the animus, it could be the same day or the next.

It could also be, obviously, on Decemeber 22nd. However a realease date so close to Christmas seems like a risky move, but who knows. Ubisoft could decide to do that. Or they will realease it on some tuesday in Novemeber like they always have. But Desmond could wake up from the Animus in ACR at some time in November, I doubt going through Ezio/Altair's memories only takes one day.

While I want to see the conclusion to the AC series, I still havent played ACR yet. And I'd like Ubisoft to take their time on AC3, to make it as game changing (like from AC1-2) and go for that GOTY status. But oh well. I guess we'll just have to see.

What do you guys think? Conclusive enough?

Altair661
09-17-2011, 11:54 PM
I know I already made a thread with this video, but after watching it a 2nd time I noticed something else more important. Start at about 8:00

http://www.gametrailers.com/ep...trailers-tv/132?ch=1 (http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/132?ch=1)

"We are leading up to that special moment in 2012 when the game and real life actually meet" - Alex Amancio

So it's not conclusive...but I believe it to be pretty good evidence that AC3 will come out in 2012(continuing the annual realeases).

However more specifically, it could come out on either October 18th or 19th. Since the end on Brotherhood when they got the apple, it was 72 days before the sattelite launch which is on December 22nd. Which would make it the 18th. However it seems pretty dark, or early morning, and depending when Desmond gets put in the animus, it could be the same day or the next.

It could also be, obviously, on Decemeber 22nd. However a realease date so close to Christmas seems like a risky move, but who knows. Ubisoft could decide to do that. Or they will realease it on some tuesday in Novemeber like they always have. But Desmond could wake up from the Animus in ACR at some time in November, I doubt going through Ezio/Altair's memories only takes one day.

While I want to see the conclusion to the AC series, I still havent played ACR yet. And I'd like Ubisoft to take their time on AC3, to make it as game changing (like from AC1-2) and go for that GOTY status. But oh well. I guess we'll just have to see.

What do you guys think? Conclusive enough?

xCr0wnedNorris
09-17-2011, 11:56 PM
Haven't the Devs been saying that AC3 would be released in 2012 for years now? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Altair661
09-18-2011, 12:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
Haven't the Devs been saying that AC3 would be released in 2012 for years now? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't believe they've said anything about AC3... only that AC is supposed to be a overall trilogy, with 3 main games. Hence AC1-3

ProletariatPleb
09-18-2011, 12:55 AM
Yep, it is..oh and earlier I found this guy credited for another AC game, altho now the page seems to have been edited:

http://assassinscreed.wikia.co.../Martin_Deschambault (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Martin_Deschambault)

Still..it says:
Martin Deschambault is a senior concept artist at Ubisoft Montreal where he is currently working on future projects for the Assassinís Creed series after finishing work on Assassin's Creed Revelations in early 2011.

RzaRecta357
09-18-2011, 01:03 AM
I knew this would happen after the first games release. They'll still release it in November though.

I just didn't figure we'd get two filler games in between.

rewsunshine
09-18-2011, 04:15 AM
Assassin's Creed Revelations is the 4th game in the series. Comes out Nov 15, 2011

http://www.amazon.com/Assassin...id=1316340861&sr=8-1 (http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Revelations-Playstation-3/dp/B002I08RR8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316340861&sr=8-1)

Rakudaton
09-18-2011, 04:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rewsunshine:
Assassin's Creed Revelations is the 4th game in the series. Comes out Nov 15, 2011

http://www.amazon.com/Assassin...id=1316340861&sr=8-1 (http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Revelations-Playstation-3/dp/B002I08RR8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316340861&sr=8-1) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, Captain Obvious! *salutes*

We're talking about AC3, which will be the fifth big game in the series, and the third numbered game.

blazefp
09-18-2011, 04:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rewsunshine:

http://www.amazon.com/Assassin...id=1316340861&sr=8-1 (http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Revelations-Playstation-3/dp/B002I08RR8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316340861&sr=8-1) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif Doesn't everybody knows that already?

Meh you'r new here I won't bug you about this http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

Dag_B
09-18-2011, 07:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
Haven't the Devs been saying that AC3 would be released in 2012 for years now? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't know where but I also heared that month or maybe years ago.

lukaszep
09-18-2011, 11:17 AM
I wonder if that's still true though. They must have said that about a year ago now, and they might not have been developing revelations for consoles at that point.
I hope they give it an extra year, because whilst the annual releases are still really good, AC3 needs to be the best.

rain89c
09-18-2011, 11:21 AM
If it comes out 2012 fall, that probably means that they are using the same engine. Which is a disappointment.
I heard that Ubi were suggesting they needed the next gen consoles' horsepower for an upcoming game. So I guess they are hinting that the current consoles are hindering their production of AC3? And that's probably why there are 2 filler games in between AC2 and AC3. I'm not sure, just a guess.

Jexx21
09-18-2011, 11:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rain89c:
If it comes out 2012 fall, that probably means that they are using the same engine. Which is a disappointment.
I heard that Ubi were suggesting they needed the next gen consoles' horsepower for an upcoming game. So I guess they are hinting that the current consoles are hindering their production of AC3? And that's probably why there are 2 filler games in between AC2 and AC3. I'm not sure, just a guess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brotherhood and Revelations aren't filler, and I don't understand why some people think they are.

They could of been developing AC3 since the release of AC2, you never know.

And consoles don't have horsepower, sorry to disappoint.

rain89c
09-18-2011, 11:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rain89c:
I heard that Ubi were suggesting they needed the next gen consoles' horsepower for an upcoming game. So I guess they are hinting that the current consoles are hindering their production of AC3? And that's probably why there are 2 filler games in between AC2 and AC3. I'm not sure, just a guess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brotherhood and Revelations aren't filler, and I don't understand why some people think they are.

And consoles don't have horsepower, sorry to disappoint. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They write the AC games solely for consoles, they just port it to the PC afterward.
I am a PC gamer also, not a console gamer.

Jexx21
09-18-2011, 11:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

And consoles don't have horsepower, sorry to disappoint. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They write the AC games solely for consoles, they just port it to the PC afterward.
I am a PC gamer also, not a console gamer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...that has nothing to do with what I said.

Will_Lucky
09-18-2011, 12:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lukaszep:
I hope they give it an extra year, because whilst the annual releases are still really good, AC3 needs to be the best. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, AC2 was developed by one studio over two years, Brotherhood by four over one year and now Revelations by six. They are compensating for the time limit by bringing more studios in.

Odds are AC3 will come out next year being made by four-six studios.

Jexx21
09-18-2011, 12:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Will_Lucky:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lukaszep:
I hope they give it an extra year, because whilst the annual releases are still really good, AC3 needs to be the best. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, AC2 was developed by one studio over two years, Brotherhood by four over one year and now Revelations by six. They are compensating for the time limit by bringing more studios in.

Odds are AC3 will come out next year being made by four-six studios. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to mention they may of have been working on it in the background since AC2.

lukaszep
09-18-2011, 12:16 PM
I'm sure they have been working on AC3 since AC2, seeing as Ubisoft Montreal is huuge.

IIwangcarsII
09-18-2011, 12:25 PM
I actually wish they would wait a few years before AC3, but that is impossible since it would clash with the plot.

souNdwAve89
09-19-2011, 12:44 PM
lol, It's quite obvious that AC3 is set to launch in 2012... Why else do you think we have Brotherhood and Revelations? They maybe spinoff games, but the 2 games are used to expand the story in both the past and present time.

You guys probably notice by now, but what happened to the old AC crew? The crew for Revelations are new people who worked on other Ubisoft games.

AU7thGear
09-20-2011, 02:05 AM
Yeah I don't want to have another AC game in 2012. It's obvious AC3 will be the next game in the series and most likely the last but. I would like them to wait until 2013 at the earliest just to make the game more polished and actually spend heaps of time on the multiplayer. We know how buggy AC games can be...

LightRey
09-20-2011, 02:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AU7thGear:
Yeah I don't want to have another AC game in 2012. It's obvious AC3 will be the next game in the series and most likely the last but. I would like them to wait until 2013 at the earliest just to make the game more polished and actually spend heaps of time on the multiplayer. We know how buggy AC games can be... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What are you talking about? The AC games have by far the least bugs of almost every game I've ever played.

eddymunster1
09-20-2011, 02:58 AM
In my opinion, I really can't see that Ubi would release AC3 after the december 2012 date that the whole series has been building to. I think the series was always going to be wrapped up before then.

AU7thGear
09-21-2011, 05:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AU7thGear:
Yeah I don't want to have another AC game in 2012. It's obvious AC3 will be the next game in the series and most likely the last but. I would like them to wait until 2013 at the earliest just to make the game more polished and actually spend heaps of time on the multiplayer. We know how buggy AC games can be... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What are you talking about? The AC games have by far the least bugs of almost every game I've ever played. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh? Have you played AC2. Do you have a PS3?

LightRey
09-21-2011, 09:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
What are you talking about? The AC games have by far the least bugs of almost every game I've ever played. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh? Have you played AC2. Do you have a PS3? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Xbox 360. I guess the PS3 version has more issues then, because I've experienced very few bugs.

sp33dd34m0n
09-21-2011, 01:11 PM
I just hope that AC3 wont be the final AC game. Hopefully it will be expanded like AC2. This game is too awesome to end next year.

Moultonborough
09-21-2011, 01:26 PM

Huh? Have you played AC2. Do you have a PS3? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Xbox 360. I guess the PS3 version has more issues then, because I've experienced very few bugs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a PS3 and have never had any problems with it. Brotherhood yes, but not AC2. Couple of the characters during cut scenes for example look like pastel pictures but nothing else. Umberto during the execution for one.

LightRey
09-21-2011, 01:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moultonborough:
I have a PS3 and have never had any problems with it. Brotherhood yes, but not AC2. Couple of the characters during cut scenes for example look like pastel pictures but nothing else. Umberto during the execution for one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Must be a PS3 thing.