PDA

View Full Version : Assassination List

Boromir323
05-18-2007, 04:59 PM
Since I was bored I decided to go on Wiki and look up people who died during 1191. I found a list and narrowed it down to people who died in the 3rd crusade. Here is the list of possible targets.

Patriarch Heraclius of Jerusalem
Suspicous character who had dealings with the head of the Hospitallers and the head of the Templars. He died during the siege of Acre in the winter of 1990-1191

Theobald V, Count of Blois
The count of Blois(a french town)...as you might guess by his name. Died 20th of January 1191 during the siege of Acre.

Alberic Clement
The Marshal of France at that time, under Philip Augustus. Died at Acre(not the siege...sounds fishy doesnt it?) on July 3rd 1191.

Galeran V de Beaumont, Comte of Meulant
Not much about this chap. Eldest son of Robert II of Meulan. Died during the siege of Acre 1191, no specific date.

Philip, Count of Flanders
Son of Thierry of Alsace, he was the Count of Flanders. Died August 1st 1191, after arriving at the siege of Acre.

Rudolf of Zähringen
This guy has the coolest name. Apperently he was the Archbishop of Mainz. Died 5th of August, 1191 after the siege of Acre.

William V, Marquess of Montferrat
This ones kinda obvious. The guy was mentioned in the demo. Died in the summer of 1191. His son, Conrad, was also assassinated by Hashashin but that was in 1192. Patrice Desilets mention Conrad in an interview so Im thinking hes going to have a part too...

Well thats it! I didnt find any Muslim people http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
Add anyone else you think is a suspect.

Oh I just noticed something else too. In this interview, http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=499 Patrice mentions the guys died in the summer when most of these people died as well.

Boromir323
05-18-2007, 04:59 PM
Since I was bored I decided to go on Wiki and look up people who died during 1191. I found a list and narrowed it down to people who died in the 3rd crusade. Here is the list of possible targets.

Suspicous character who had dealings with the head of the Hospitallers and the head of the Templars. He died during the siege of Acre in the winter of 1990-1191

The count of Blois(a french town)...as you might guess by his name. Died 20th of January 1191 during the siege of Acre.

Alberic Clement
The Marshal of France at that time, under Philip Augustus. Died at Acre(not the siege...sounds fishy doesnt it?) on July 3rd 1191.

Not much about this chap. Eldest son of Robert II of Meulan. Died during the siege of Acre 1191, no specific date.

Son of Thierry of Alsace, he was the Count of Flanders. Died August 1st 1191, after arriving at the siege of Acre.

Rudolf of Zähringen
This guy has the coolest name. Apperently he was the Archbishop of Mainz. Died 5th of August, 1191 after the siege of Acre.

This ones kinda obvious. The guy was mentioned in the demo. Died in the summer of 1191. His son, Conrad, was also assassinated by Hashashin but that was in 1192. Patrice Desilets mention Conrad in an interview so Im thinking hes going to have a part too...

Well thats it! I didnt find any Muslim people http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Oh I just noticed something else too. In this interview, http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=499 Patrice mentions the guys died in the summer when most of these people died as well.

Barthe7ruth
05-19-2007, 12:45 PM
From what I've been able to tell, most of their Muslim victims were killed much earlier, in the first few decades of the century.

On a related note though, there's a lot to deduce from the cities involved.
- Damascus was never conquered by the Crusaders, and was Saladin's capital for a while, so the targets there will probably be high-ranking Muslim officials.
- Acre had been taken by Saladin in 1187, but in summer of 1191 (right in the midst of the game's time frame) it capitulated to a 2 year seige by the Crusaders. This, plus some of the concept art I've seen, makes it seem like the player may get to see full on battles there. Also, the presence of both a Crusader and a Muslim army necessitates the presence of many leaders of both sides as potential targets.
- Jerusalem had also been taken by Saladin in 1187. While most of the inhabitants had either been sold as slaves or ransomed and marched out of the city, the Holy Sepulchre was allowed to stay in Christian hands and pilgrimages were still allowed. Combined with the presence of noteworthy mosques (especially Al-Aqsa and the Dome of the Rock) which were only recently purified and returned to Muslim use, it's likely that religious leaders of both factions will be targeted there. Or maybe players will get the chance to catch political leaders worshiping, without their bodyguards at hand.

Boromir323
05-19-2007, 01:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Combined with the presence of noteworthy mosques (especially Al-Aqsa and the Dome of the Rock) which were only recently purified and returned to Muslim use, it's likely that religious leaders of both factions will be targeted there. Or maybe players will get the chance to catch political leaders worshiping, without their bodyguards at hand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah!!! I could just see that! A target sitting and praying with Altair sneaky quietly up behind him!! thats brilliant man! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Barthe7ruth
05-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Something about doing the deed in a holy place...it's so deliciously evil.

By the way, I was bored just now so I wasted like half an hour scouring every place in the internet I could think of for John I of Ponthieu. The closest thing I could find to even remotely link him to the Crusades is that Wikipedia says his grandmother lived for a while at the court of Adela of Blois, wife of Stephen of Blois, who fell in the 1st Crusade. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that John wasn't involved in the Crusades and just happened to die that year.

Boromir323
05-19-2007, 04:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barthe7ruth:
Something about doing the deed in a holy place...it's so deliciously evil.

By the way, I was bored just now so I wasted like half an hour scouring every place in the internet I could think of for John I of Ponthieu. The closest thing I could find to even remotely link him to the Crusades is that Wikipedia says his grandmother lived for a while at the court of Adela of Blois, wife of Stephen of Blois, who fell in the 1st Crusade. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that John wasn't involved in the Crusades and just happened to die that year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah most likely. Im taking him off the list.

MicroBlue
05-20-2007, 05:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boromir323:

Alberic Clement

Rudolf of Zähringen

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alot of guys died around acre eh? well acre was one of the Templars's most important locations, so alot of sieges where held there. And the Muslems had their share of fun with the city too, so I'm expecting a long and fun time of Acre in the game, I just hope they planed the map of the city correctly lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

noobfun
05-20-2007, 12:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boromir323:

Alberic Clement

Rudolf of Zähringen

Oh I just noticed something else too. In this interview, http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=499 Patrice mentions the guys died in the summer when most of these people died as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

acre's already fallen to crusaders when the game starts

Theobald V, Count of Blois (died during the seige)
Patriarch Heraclius of Jerusalem(died during the seige)
Alberic Clement (acre fell on the 12th of july, so again died during the siege)
Galeran V de Beaumont, Comte of Meulant (died during the siege)

can be dropped from the list as they were all already dead

umm his calenders wrong, but if the date of death is right he's a candidate

p.s. theres another thread about this, called who are the 9 i think it was

p.p.s. there was mention of a large battle you can/will visit during the game, as saladin and richard the lionhearts name were mentioned it would have to be the battle of arsuf

Boromir323
05-20-2007, 12:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by noobfun:

Alberic Clement

Rudolf of Zähringen

Oh I just noticed something else too. In this interview, http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=499 Patrice mentions the guys died in the summer when most of these people died as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

acre's already fallen to crusaders when the game starts

Theobald V, Count of Blois (died during the seige)
Patriarch Heraclius of Jerusalem(died during the seige)
Alberic Clement (acre fell on the 12th of july, so again died during the siege)
Galeran V de Beaumont, Comte of Meulant (died during the siege)

can be dropped from the list as they were all already dead

umm his calenders wrong, but if the date of death is right he's a candidate

p.s. theres another thread about this, called who are the 9 i think it was

p.p.s. there was mention of a large battle you can/will visit during the game, as saladin and richard the lionhearts name were mentioned it would have to be the battle of arsuf </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Jade said you would be assassinating people who died during that year, mabye not killed by assassins, etc etc, I forget the rest of the quote, but the point is, Ubi is taking some historical sway so you might not be killing people on the exact day they died.

About that other thread, my bad I didnt know and didnt see any threads in the recent posts so yeah. Next time I guess Ill use the search button.