PDA

View Full Version : 3.03 Test Runway issue

WTE_Sikshoota
12-26-2004, 11:51 AM
S` Gents

Here's a thread initiation with follow up by me on this topic... I'd appreciate any feedback if similar/same probs noticed pls. This may be a bug or otherwise, it deserves follow up to confirm. I'm still testing variables but so far the problem continues to exist.

Thx in advance & Seasons Greets.
Cheers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Sik

'Just dl'd 3.03 patch & now find I'm now unable to take off from the test runways. Full mission builders take note please... as it stands atm, you will lose the ability to spawn/take off from these test runways in any missions you have built to have this feature.

I've relocated runways from earlier built missions & sometimes it spawns me on strip & I can take off, otherwise it'll spawn me into a mid air start (Flat ground or hilly, it's the same).

Unless that is, that I'm missing something here?
C'mon Guys, someone tell me I've overlooked something please!

& the follow up...

'Thx Gryphon, the runway can't be moved unless the home base is deleted first, or at least so I've found anyway & then I relocate home base.
I've tried using those older missions without moving the runways as well as relocating them, again either on mountains or flat ground. I've hosted a mission for our Group & the Guys are finding they can't spawn without starting mid air (test runway still of course, others are fine). Remembering here also Guys is that as noted at the start of thread that sometimes these new test runways do work & sometimes they don't so it's an irregular occurrence... which to my understanding suggest a bug. That or maybe I could try for a re-install! (EEK!)'

WTE_Sikshoota
12-26-2004, 11:51 AM
S` Gents

Here's a thread initiation with follow up by me on this topic... I'd appreciate any feedback if similar/same probs noticed pls. This may be a bug or otherwise, it deserves follow up to confirm. I'm still testing variables but so far the problem continues to exist.

Thx in advance & Seasons Greets.
Cheers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Sik

'Just dl'd 3.03 patch & now find I'm now unable to take off from the test runways. Full mission builders take note please... as it stands atm, you will lose the ability to spawn/take off from these test runways in any missions you have built to have this feature.

I've relocated runways from earlier built missions & sometimes it spawns me on strip & I can take off, otherwise it'll spawn me into a mid air start (Flat ground or hilly, it's the same).

Unless that is, that I'm missing something here?
C'mon Guys, someone tell me I've overlooked something please!

& the follow up...

'Thx Gryphon, the runway can't be moved unless the home base is deleted first, or at least so I've found anyway & then I relocate home base.
I've tried using those older missions without moving the runways as well as relocating them, again either on mountains or flat ground. I've hosted a mission for our Group & the Guys are finding they can't spawn without starting mid air (test runway still of course, others are fine). Remembering here also Guys is that as noted at the start of thread that sometimes these new test runways do work & sometimes they don't so it's an irregular occurrence... which to my understanding suggest a bug. That or maybe I could try for a re-install! (EEK!)'