PDA

View Full Version : Brotherhood over black ops

masterjin5
11-10-2010, 07:31 PM
has any one else had the trouble of deciding between brotherhood and black ops. I decided on brotherhood and am recruiting more people i hope i made the right choice

masterjin5
11-10-2010, 07:31 PM
has any one else had the trouble of deciding between brotherhood and black ops. I decided on brotherhood and am recruiting more people i hope i made the right choice

RanceSali1
11-10-2010, 07:34 PM
I have Black Ops and preordered ACB so...

masterjin5
11-10-2010, 07:35 PM
i dont have enough money for that

flyryassassin
11-10-2010, 07:36 PM
i dont play cod games, charging 30$ for 4 maps they already created psh. i played the crap out of rsv2 and i am gonna play acb 24/7 so

masterjin5
11-10-2010, 07:38 PM
yeah its been annoying cause all my friend are spoiled brats and can either get both or they only want black ops

primerib69
11-10-2010, 07:47 PM
yeah so black ops definatly is not as good as i thought it was going to be. and honestly i didnt think it was going to be good at all. the campaign sucks other than the prison/mine break level. and blowing the f out of vietnam. always fun to do that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif. zombies is quite fun and its actually a challenge, plus the first map is so big, it will take you a while to figure out how to go anywhere, let alone complete the first objective. hint: the power box is behind you! multiplayer is pretty much mw2 with vietnam war-era guns, different kill streak rewards, and a crossbow that totally blows the shat out of whoever you stick it with. the new wager system is soooooooper fun, and really gives you a challenge to stay on your game and be the best you can. one in the chamber is currently my favorite new game mode so far. overall though, its just another cod game. nothing special about that. its a smarter decision to pre-order brotherhood instead. and im not biased or anything. its just that you can see the overall quality and effort put to that game, and it will really pay off. a shooter that is pretty average, or an open-world game that will most-likely revolutionize the genre? your choice, bro. but im sticking with brotherhood.

Nick1021
11-10-2010, 07:49 PM
I'm not getting black-ops, because if I remember it's all camping and modding and hacking and boosting. Nah, I'm not getting blackops. It's just any other CoD. I'm not paying 60 dollars to kill/get killed by 12 year olds with different guns since the previous game.

Oatkeeper
11-10-2010, 08:10 PM
black ops: decent 6-8 hours story mode. And decent Multiplayer (if you have a shooting game already, i would say play that games MP instead, especially if you have battlefield)

VS

Assassins Creed: 15-50 hour story mode (that's including all extra stuff) and a fresh and innovative multiplayer (not as big and competitive as Black ops, but I really like it)

AubreyWilborn
11-10-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm getting both. I was really hoping to be close to getting ACB right now back in May, but PC delays-what can you do?

I caved in and abought Black Ops yesterday. I'm hoping it will tide me over until ACB drops for the PC.

DeafAtheist
11-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Ugh I hate COD. I've got friends who like it though so I'll probably rent it from Gamefly and play it sometime after I've completed ACB, but I wasn't at all impressed with MW2 and Black Ops really doesn't look any better. I can't figure out why such crappy games garner more sales than excellent games like ACB.

primerib69
11-10-2010, 08:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
I can't figure out why such crappy games garner more sales than excellent games like ACB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I went to the midnight launch for it, and there wasnt anyone there. totally lawled then shotgunned a natty and fistbumped my bro who i convinced to pre-order acb. i guess people started to realize that is all hype

John-Justice
11-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Im getting both: http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

But I must say. I'm looking forward to Brotherhood. Pre-ordered from Amazon yesterday

DarkicoN14
11-10-2010, 08:59 PM
I have both BO i have and ACB on preorder

ninja_7_7
11-10-2010, 09:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by primerib69:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
I can't figure out why such crappy games garner more sales than excellent games like ACB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I went to the midnight launch for it, and there wasnt anyone there. totally lawled then shotgunned a natty and fistbumped my bro who i convinced to pre-order acb. i guess people started to realize that is all hype </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
come to ny and see the midnight launches....

xsatanicjokerx
11-10-2010, 10:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I can't figure out why such crappy games garner more sales than excellent games like ACB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because most gamers don't have the intelligence to play a game like assassin's creed they just want to point and shoot.

AubreyWilborn
11-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Ugh I hate COD. I've got friends who like it though so I'll probably rent it from Gamefly and play it sometime after I've completed ACB, but I wasn't at all impressed with MW2 and Black Ops really doesn't look any better. I can't figure out why such crappy games garner more sales than excellent games like ACB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can tell you EXACTLY why Black Ops will sell more than Brotherhood: Tetrach(sp?) and Infinity Ward KNOW how to market and sell their product.

I bought Black Ops yesterday, and started playing it a few hours ago. And I was woefully disappointed. So far, it sucks. I actually prefer MW2 more. But anyway, Tetrarch knows how to market the game, abut most importantly, IT RELEASES ALL VERSIONS AT THE SAME TIME!

I know that sounds stupid-but think about it. Ubisoft aren't doing themselves any favors releasing the PC AC games so late, and with a DRM to boot. That alienates alot of the PC gaming market.

A buddy of mine at Best Buy mentioned to me that they have barely sold any of their PC AC2's. Which is a shame, because I consider it one of the best PC games ever crafted. If Ubisoft would just streamline their marketing/selling practices, they COULD blow away the competition. No...erm, make that "assasinate" the competition.

Rainie
11-10-2010, 11:16 PM
ACB all the way! If I did get CoD I would rent it only play the single player campaign. To me all the FPS multiplayer games seem to be the the same with a few differences. I like how ACB's multiplayer is challenging and more importantly different than other multiplayers out there

DeafAtheist
11-10-2010, 11:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:
I can tell you EXACTLY why Black Ops will sell more than Brotherhood: Tetrach(sp?) and Infinity Ward KNOW how to market and sell their product.

I bought Black Ops yesterday, and started playing it a few hours ago. And I was woefully disappointed. So far, it sucks. I actually prefer MW2 more. But anyway, Tetrarch knows how to market the game, abut most importantly, IT RELEASES ALL VERSIONS AT THE SAME TIME!

I know that sounds stupid-but think about it. Ubisoft aren't doing themselves any favors releasing the PC AC games so late, and with a DRM to boot. That alienates alot of the PC gaming market.

A buddy of mine at Best Buy mentioned to me that they have barely sold any of their PC AC2's. Which is a shame, because I consider it one of the best PC games ever crafted. If Ubisoft would just streamline their marketing/selling practices, they COULD blow away the competition. No...erm, make that "assasinate" the competition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

COD has also been around longer than Assassin's Creed and has built up a larger fan base over a longer period of time. The majority of people who buy sequels in a franchise are fans who got hooked from earlier titles. Assassin's Creed fans are likely to be the first ones pre-ordering while COD fans will be the 1st ones pre-ordering Black Ops.

There's also the fact that First Person Shooters tend to be more popular than any other genre. As xsatanicjokerx said, most gamers just want to point and shoot. The majority of those who favor First Person Shooters probably wouldn't like Assassin's Creed since there's no real guns and most killing is done hand to hand.

But you have a point too. It probably does hurt Ubisoft to delay the PC version of their games. But I think by the time Assassin's Creed 3 comes out it will have a MUCH larger fan base. 19 million units in the AC series have been sold to date. I'm not sure if that figure is including Brotherhood pre-orders or just AC1 & AC2, but Brotherhood pre-orders have outdone AC2 pre-orders. I see the trend growing as more gamers get into it.

The DRM hurts PC sales too I think. I heard that Ubisoft was working with a new anti-pirating software to replace DRM that doesn't require a constant internet connection.

E-Zekiel
11-10-2010, 11:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarkicoN14:
I have both BO i have and ACB on preorder </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You realize Black Ops came out before you posted this?

jimbo11235813
11-11-2010, 12:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarkicoN14:
You realize Black Ops came out before you posted this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I think he means "I'm getting both. I have BO (Black Ops) already, and I've preordered ACB."

Anyways, I've only got two COD games. World at war and MW2, and I had fun with both, but after a while I feel its just another shooter. Black Ops, to me, simply looks like a new shooter. AC, on the other hand, I will happily play it when I need to relax, and no other game I've played has been like it.

DarkicoN14
11-11-2010, 05:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo_323:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
You realize Black Ops came out before you posted this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I think he means "I'm getting both. I have BO (Black Ops) already, and I've preordered ACB."

Anyways, I've only got two COD games. World at war and MW2, and I had fun with both, but after a while I feel its just another shooter. Black Ops, to me, simply looks like a new shooter. AC, on the other hand, I will happily play it when I need to relax, and no other game I've played has been like it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yea thats what i meant, but if i had to choose one it would be ACB Black ops is alright but it as its downsides

bugsniffer
11-11-2010, 01:28 PM
well, i have Black Ops and ACB on preorder. Black ops.......e.e not what youd expect erally, i just like the zombeis feature. the graphics are worse than mw2 and the multiplayer is just........boring....if youve played MW2 ALOT

AubreyWilborn
11-12-2010, 03:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:

A buddy of mine at Best Buy mentioned to me that they have barely sold any of their PC AC2's. Which is a shame, because I consider it one of the best PC games ever crafted. If Ubisoft would just streamline their marketing/selling practices, they COULD blow away the competition. No...erm, make that "assasinate" the competition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

COD has also been around longer than Assassin's Creed and has built up a larger fan base over a longer period of time. The majority of people who buy sequels in a franchise are fans who got hooked from earlier titles. Assassin's Creed fans are likely to be the first ones pre-ordering while COD fans will be the 1st ones pre-ordering Black Ops.

There's also the fact that First Person Shooters tend to be more popular than any other genre. As xsatanicjokerx said, most gamers just want to point and shoot. The majority of those who favor First Person Shooters probably wouldn't like Assassin's Creed since there's no real guns and most killing is done hand to hand.

But you have a point too. It probably does hurt Ubisoft to delay the PC version of their games. But I think by the time Assassin's Creed 3 comes out it will have a MUCH larger fan base. 19 million units in the AC series have been sold to date. I'm not sure if that figure is including Brotherhood pre-orders or just AC1 & AC2, but Brotherhood pre-orders have outdone AC2 pre-orders. I see the trend growing as more gamers get into it.

The DRM hurts PC sales too I think. I heard that Ubisoft was working with a new anti-pirating software to replace DRM that doesn't require a constant internet connection. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow-I hope you're right about them replacing the DRM. and I also hope that, perhaps as the AC series' fanbase grows, Ubisoft will put more thought into how they deal with PC gamers.

As I've said earlier, I'm a STRICT PC gamer, but I consider AC2 the best PC game ever made. AC1 is bomb, too. I really do feel that Ubsioft is selling themselves short in terms of PC sales-with their delays, and DRM practices. And the AC series is too fine a collection of games to suffer low PC sales.

obliviondoll
11-12-2010, 03:30 AM
Given the choice between Codex Edition ACB only, or regular ACB and a COD game, I chose codex edition.

Not a hard choice, in my eyes. I can see how it would be for some.

But good on you for choosing right by my standards http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

DeafAtheist
11-12-2010, 03:41 AM
Wow-I hope you're right about them replacing the DRM. and I also hope that, perhaps as the AC series' fanbase grows, Ubisoft will put more thought into how they deal with PC gamers.

As I've said earlier, I'm a STRICT PC gamer, but I consider AC2 the best PC game ever made. AC1 is bomb, too. I really do feel that Ubsioft is selling themselves short in terms of PC sales-with their delays, and DRM practices. And the AC series is too fine a collection of games to suffer low PC sales. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was sort of right. Apparently RUSE doesn't use DRM but it's because the PC version has been made exclusively for Valve's Steam which already requires an internet connection. But apparently the single player game can be played without being connected to the internet. No idea if Ubisoft plans to use Steam with more titles or if they'll keep making PC discs with DRM.

XxKillaSniperxX
11-12-2010, 04:01 AM
Cod is over-rated. I got tired of it after 4, though I hated 3 with a passion. They can have their glitch-filled, whiny kid-infested online play. I'll stick with AC:B.

RebeccaLH
11-12-2010, 09:22 AM
Im definately getting Brotherhood before Black ops. COD is good for multiplayer and zombies i think thats why its so popular but assasins creed is more original.

sandmanssorrow
11-12-2010, 10:13 AM
COD really isn't that good. It's predecessor, R6 titles, did fps way better with cover mechanics and better pec. COD is basically a fps release for the new generation consoles that caught on with younger/newer players who like the speed of the matchmaking and the fact that there is always a junk load of people playing. I think it is actual an easier game for newer players BECAUSE it doesn't have such in depth controls and THAT alone is the biggest reason for it's popularity, non gaming gamers can play it. AC controls have a large learning curve, you can't win by joystick + trigger.

Crucify Lucifer
11-12-2010, 10:49 AM
If you have to choose one or the other, then go with the one you feel you personally prefer more. But honestly I don't understand the people who are saying "black ops sucks ACB is 10x better". Which one you think is better is based on gaming preference, but the two games can't realistically be compared side to side. One is an FPS while the other is a third person free roamer.

I have Black Ops and intend on getting Brotherhood, and while I personally feel I will enjoy ACB more than Black Ops, both have their own merits and qualities that make them fun.

Just a side note, the reason why so many people like the COD titles so much, despite them being the "same FPS again and again" is the incredible freedoms of customization they offer to the player. No other fresh FPS (not even Halo Reach's credit system) offers the vast possibilities and combinations of weapons and abilities that COD offers. Is it a mindless run and gun game? Absolutely. But it has revolutionized the freedom players can have in the typical shooter.

sandmanssorrow
11-12-2010, 10:55 AM
You said it, "mindless run and gun". I like a good FPS and I think COD doesn't do it anywhere near as good as older FPS's. That being said, more power to those who enjoy that kind of gameplay, to each their own. I get more kicks out of Gears to be honest, it's slower and that takes some acclimatizing too but it's more of an arcade game with long shoot outs and better player interaction. I've grown tired of the simulators and that's the category I feel COD falls into.