PDA

View Full Version : Was AC ever released?

Keksus
06-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Hi,

A few years ago Ubisoft announced a really good game called Assassin's Creed. Was this game ever released? It was some kind of Hitman set during the crusades and it was possible to blend in with the crowd to avoid being detected by the guards. Was a really nice concept but I can't find this game anywhere. All I found was this series with a similar name but it just seems to be some kind of 3rd Person Call of Duty.

And now let's be serious:

What the is Ubisoft doing? Really, I don't mind if they give you the possibility to fight and so on ... but why do they prevent you from using social stealth in every way possible? I mean: They give all these cool gadgets and: They even added the social stealth ... but you just can't use it because every mission is scripted. You don't have a chance to play the game any other way than imagined by the developers. And these ways almost never include social stealth. It's always about killing the entire enemy army or blowing up a whole base or armada (as seen in the E3 demo).

I'm not saying that AC1 was better with it's monotonous research missions ... but the assassinations were better. Because you could choose and plan how to kill your target. Of course you were limited thanks to the very basic social stealth system and lack of equipment. But now ... well ... now you have at least a working social stealth system and lots of equipment to really plan your assassination ... but you're not allowed to use it. Because in almost every mission its just: Going to the target, being detected thanks to script, fight the enemy army and kill your target in a fight.

If they add social stealth and so on why don't they let us use it?

So: I don't care if they use the same scripted research missions as in AC2 and AC:B but please: Give us unscripted assassinations. I want to choose if I want to fight my way through or if I want to use a silent approach, sneaking through the crowd to get near my target. Or maybe just using the roofs. This would greatly improve the gameplay and you would have fun playing missions more than once. At the moment the missions are ALWAYS the same. And this is just boring.

I don't want the impossible. Just more freedom during the assassinations. It's an open world game after all. At the moment AC is nothing more than a CoD game: Lot's of explosions, everything scripted.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

Keksus
06-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Hi,

A few years ago Ubisoft announced a really good game called Assassin's Creed. Was this game ever released? It was some kind of Hitman set during the crusades and it was possible to blend in with the crowd to avoid being detected by the guards. Was a really nice concept but I can't find this game anywhere. All I found was this series with a similar name but it just seems to be some kind of 3rd Person Call of Duty.

What the is Ubisoft doing? Really, I don't mind if they give you the possibility to fight and so on ... but why do they prevent you from using social stealth in every way possible? I mean: They give all these cool gadgets and: They even added the social stealth ... but you just can't use it because every mission is scripted. You don't have a chance to play the game any other way than imagined by the developers. And these ways almost never include social stealth. It's always about killing the entire enemy army or blowing up a whole base or armada (as seen in the E3 demo).

I'm not saying that AC1 was better with it's monotonous research missions ... but the assassinations were better. Because you could choose and plan how to kill your target. Of course you were limited thanks to the very basic social stealth system and lack of equipment. But now ... well ... now you have at least a working social stealth system and lots of equipment to really plan your assassination ... but you're not allowed to use it. Because in almost every mission its just: Going to the target, being detected thanks to script, fight the enemy army and kill your target in a fight.

So: I don't care if they use the same scripted research missions as in AC2 and AC:B but please: Give us unscripted assassinations. I want to choose if I want to fight my way through or if I want to use a silent approach, sneaking through the crowd to get near my target. Or maybe just using the roofs. This would greatly improve the gameplay and you would have fun playing missions more than once. At the moment the missions are ALWAYS the same. And this is just boring.

I don't want the impossible. Just more freedom during the assassinations. It's an open world game after all. At the moment AC is nothing more than a CoD game: Lot's of explosions, everything scripted.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

agentpoop
06-09-2011, 02:26 PM
TROLLOLOLOLOLOL

Rea1SamF1sher
06-09-2011, 02:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nateoak10:
TROLLOLOLOLOLOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I cannot tell how much I saw this coming...

Difficult to take the flaws of AC2/ACB serious, isn't it?

SPYQC
06-09-2011, 02:34 PM
i agree with you. id like more freedom as well, but it wont stop me from playing and enjoying the games. even if its scripted as hell and easy, its still so good.

cless711
06-09-2011, 03:39 PM
I do agree that more social stealth would be nice but it won't stop me from playing the game or enjoying the game. :P

shobhit7777777
06-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Agreed...more open ended assassinations...simply give us a target location and then allow the player to decide how he/she tackles it....leave the investigations as side missions to gain extra info...not mission critical but for the OCD player.

Also please include MORE ASSASSINATIONS!!!! Its a game about Assassins after all.

And please stop wasting time on 'Exotic Gameplay' moments..they are not cool...are Michael Bay movies cool? NO

iN3krO
06-09-2011, 04:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SPYQC:
i agree with you. id like more freedom as well, but it wont stop me from playing and enjoying the games. even if its scripted as hell and easy, its still so good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once again, Good is not Perfect... AcR will have the chance to be perfect but if dev team keep thinking that everything they did in Ac2/B were good BALANCED improvements than the game will just be good...

A perfect game is God Of War... Hard with surperb gameplay, good missions and perfect story...

Assassin's Creed is a good game... Easy, with umbalanced gameplay, "nice" missions and almost perfect story...

oOAltairOo
06-09-2011, 04:24 PM
It's always nice to hear about others feeling the same way as i do i this matter. There has been a lot of threads expressing a discontent to this action/dumbed down approach to the franchise that the Ubi team has been having lately. I just hope someone over there reads them...

I mean come on! All these kids who like that sort of gameplay shouldn't even play the game. It's M-rated after all http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

God it must seem like i hate the game. I don't. I just see the amazing potential this franchise has! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

xx-pyro
06-09-2011, 08:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SPYQC:
i agree with you. id like more freedom as well, but it wont stop me from playing and enjoying the games. even if its scripted as hell and easy, its still so good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once again, Good is not Perfect... AcR will have the chance to be perfect but if dev team keep thinking that everything they did in Ac2/B were good BALANCED improvements than the game will just be good...

A perfect game is God Of War... Hard with surperb gameplay, good missions and perfect story...

Assassin's Creed is a good game... Easy, with umbalanced gameplay, "nice" missions and almost perfect story... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

God of War. At least you have to press 2 buttons to win AC fights (R1/Square for PS3,) God of War all you do is mash attack and auto-win. lol.

Dom000Dom
06-09-2011, 10:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

Assassin's Creed is a good game... Easy, with umbalanced gameplay, "nice" missions and almost perfect story... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

God of War. At least you have to press 2 buttons to win AC fights (R1/Square for PS3,) God of War all you do is mash attack and auto-win. lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't imagine you will be able to win any game if you don't move at all.

Oatkeeper
06-09-2011, 11:01 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Big-Boss_777
06-10-2011, 12:19 AM
EPIC FAIL

phil.llllll
06-10-2011, 12:53 AM
I agree. More freedom please!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big-Boss_777:
EPIC FAIL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny, we were all thinking the same about your post.

masterfenix2009
06-10-2011, 01:33 AM
This really is the only problem of the series to me. I would love more freedom.

PhiIs1618033
06-10-2011, 02:11 AM
What the most critical improvement in my eyes would be: more freedom in assassinations and more information beforehand.

crash3
06-10-2011, 03:53 AM
from looking at the E3 demo, the graphics are better, the cinematics are better integrated so they dont interupt the flow of events too much (no loading screens thank god!)

but based on the demo i dont think ubisoft has listened properly to what we have been asking for, ther wasnt any stealth used, i dont see how taking out guards with bombs is stealthy and also, ezio mowed down every guard he encountered, i would have thought the the largets improvement we all wanted was to have smarter, more chalenging guards

as for that greek fire cannon, dont get me wrong i think its cool and is historically relevant but ubisoft seem to be dead proud of these exotic gameplay moments when really do you is press one button to fire and watch the rest happen so it isnt as exciting as it appears

tjbyrum1
06-10-2011, 05:19 AM
I think it's safe to say "AC 1 remains the greatest AC yet."

Personally, to me, I think AC 1 had the best overall concept to it. LOTS of freedom in that, more stealth-oriented in a way.

Does anyone else think AC is moving to a more Prince of Persia type of game? Missions in AC now usually deal with open-combat, which I dislike, I prefer stealth; although open-combat is fine with me.

Exotic Missions take away from the game to me... I missed Altair. There was nothing Exotic about his missions.

Keksus
06-10-2011, 06:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think it's safe to say "AC 1 remains the greatest AC yet."

Personally, to me, I think AC 1 had the best overall concept to it. LOTS of freedom in that, more stealth-oriented in a way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you. Even though AC1 was still some kind of tech demo. But you could see the direction they wanted.

I don't like the direction the franchise took with AC2 and AC:B. When I heard about the exotic gameplay I recognized: They want to have some gameplay for everybody but they forgot that a little bit of everything doesn't make the game better. Also: They forgot to add some Hitman between all the CoD stuff.

But as I said: They can do this if they want. I don't care as long as I have optional ways which don't involve explosions and mass murder. It's a game about assassins after all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Does anyone else think AC is moving to a more Prince of Persia type of game? Missions in AC now usually deal with open-combat, which I dislike, I prefer stealth; although open-combat is fine with me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This. I don't know but I thought it was a slap to the face with AC:B. They added: Exotic gameplay (BOOOM!), even more fights than in AC2 including a lot of new moves for the fights and stealth missions without social stealth. And the thing they didn't improve was the social stealth. I mean really: A game about assassins and they add a lot of stuff which doesn't has to do anything with assassins. I was most annoyed about the stealth missions. Why give the players Splinter Cell kind stealth missions when they don't have a stealth system for that. Why don't give them at least social stealth missions?

But after all it comes down to one point: Less scripts and more freedom for the assassinations and everybody would be happy.

iN3krO
06-10-2011, 08:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro:

God of War. At least you have to press 2 buttons to win AC fights (R1/Square for PS3,) God of War all you do is mash attack and auto-win. lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you sure?

Play it on Very Hard mode (God on GoW1, Titan on GoW2 and i don't remember how it's called at GoW3)... if you think that by just pressing L1 (which is the defend button) and Square (which is the normal attack button) you can win than please upload your video...

Also, i've been stuck in the battle against Ares at God Dificult like for hour and half... do you really think God Of War is easy?

piratprince
06-10-2011, 08:59 AM
i approve this message totally http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

The Core gamer want to feel moore challenged

While still thinking that too many people are afraid to have a game which is too hard. We all know that this game pretends to have an accessibility for every gamer. But its not true.

I still absolutely love this unique franchise.

xCr0wnedNorris
06-10-2011, 09:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keksus:
So: I don't care if they use the same scripted research missions as in AC2 and AC:B but please: Give us unscripted assassinations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdgEnXLMQN0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...mfu_in_order&list=UL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wik75BccF-o&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...mfu_in_order&list=UL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3FpZzn0qdY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL)
So what was that about unscripted assassinations?

Keksus
06-10-2011, 10:46 AM
You just posted 3 perfect examples of scripted missions. Were you ever detected during the bankier mission? Because detection means game over. Same thing with the baron mission and well, the micheletto mission? Don't act like they want you to act with the costumes and so on and -&gt; game over.

Wanting unscripted missions doesn't mean wanting stealth missions.

xCr0wnedNorris
06-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Yes there are scripted missions in Assassin's Creed. Boohoo. Even with those restrictions there is still quite a bit of freedom in what you can do in them. That's what those videos are supposed to show you. Some of the missions are scripted, the assassinations are not.

AMuppetMatt
06-10-2011, 12:51 PM
You have to be kidding me!
That Baron mission the guy can run full pelt and not get detected?!
That's completely stupid beyond belief.

"Yes there are scripted missions in Assassin's Creed. Boohoo."

To be fair you posted 3 videos to try and disprove the idea that the missions are scripted. The fact that Keksus just said all 3 of them are scripted and restricted and, let's face it they are, suggests that the 3 best examples of freedom you could come up with are false. So the 3 BEST examples you can find are no good.
What does that tell you about what people like Keksus is saying. True much?

iN3krO
06-10-2011, 01:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pirat of Persia Warrior Muffin:

While still thinking that too many people are afraid to have a game which is too hard. We all know that this game pretends to have an accessibility for every gamer. But its not true.

I still absolutely love this unique franchise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ac was unique, ac2 and brotherhood didn't follow the uniqueness of Ac.. instead it went into a more GTA/RDR style....

Also, i don't want a game as hard as God Of War at maximum level.. i want a game like god of war at easy/hard (very easy is too easy and very hard is too hard)...

PhiIs1618033
06-10-2011, 02:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
Yes there are scripted missions in Assassin's Creed. Boohoo. Even with those restrictions there is still quite a bit of freedom in what you can do in them. That's what those videos are supposed to show you. Some of the missions are scripted, the assassinations are not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The point of an assassination variety pack is to find new, cool ways to kill the target. It isn't meant to show that the game isn't scripted.

iN3krO
06-10-2011, 02:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
Yes there are scripted missions in Assassin's Creed. Boohoo. Even with those restrictions there is still quite a bit of freedom in what you can do in them. That's what those videos are supposed to show you. Some of the missions are scripted, the assassinations are not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The point of an assassination variety pack is to find new, cool ways to kill the target. It isn't meant to show that the game isn't scripted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually i use that freedom to do the assassinations feel more assassin (which sometimes ubisoft force you to don't feel like one)

dxsxhxcx
06-10-2011, 03:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pirat of Persia Warrior Muffin:

I still absolutely love this unique franchise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ac was unique, ac2 and brotherhood didn't follow the uniqueness of Ac.. instead it went into a more GTA/RDR style....

Also, i don't want a game as hard as God Of War at maximum level.. i want a game like god of war at easy/hard (very easy is too easy and very hard is too hard)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's why the option to choose the difficulty level we want to play should be implemented...

nekov4ego
06-10-2011, 05:00 PM
They should do something of the sort ... for example:

50% Sync: Do not be detected.
Full Sync: Kill only your target.

But 50% Sync should be optional as Full Sync is. So 25% Sync will be something like "just complete the quest the way you want". And we will be able to choose our path. It is one of the things I liked in Assassin's Creed.

Big-Boss_777
06-10-2011, 05:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:
I agree. More freedom please!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big-Boss_777:
EPIC FAIL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny, we were all thinking the same about your post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That made no sense & speak for yourself...

iN3krO
06-10-2011, 05:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nekov4ego:

But 50% Sync should be optional as Full Sync is. So 25% Sync will be something like "just complete the quest the way you want". And we will be able to choose our path. It is one of the things I liked in Assassin's Creed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, instead of that, assassinations should have 3 stars...

1 star: Complete assassination
2 stars: Complete assassination without being detected*
3 stars: Complete assassintions only killing your target and without being detected*

*Ofc not being detected and only killing the target before you kill it, after you do it, u would be able to do anything...

SPYQC
06-10-2011, 06:14 PM

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what the am i reading? god of war a perfect game? hahahahah! literally no content (6 - 8 hours at most) with literally nothing else to do besides doing the story over and over again. and the story in god of war was sub par. it was mediocre at best especially with that ending. it is not a great game, im saying this even i have the platinum for it. its a good rental, but not worth 60$ for what you get unlike assassins creed brotherhood

<span class="ev_code_RED">Language Please</span>

phil.llllll
06-10-2011, 06:31 PM

That made no sense & speak for yourself... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I apologize. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Keksus
06-10-2011, 07:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A perfect game is God Of War </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no such thing like a perfect game. Just games who make things better than other games. I play lots of games and I really like many of them. But even if you ask me about my favorite game I could tell you some flaws it has.

xCr0wnedNorris
06-10-2011, 09:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AMuppetMatt:
To be fair you posted 3 videos to try and disprove the idea that the missions are scripted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No. I posted 3 videos to prove that the assassinations are unscripted. (Note how I put it in big bold letters so you wouldn't confuse it this time.) I never said there weren't scripted missions. There have always been scripted missions in Assassin's Creed. My post was to point out that you still have nearly limitless ways to play out on the situation given to you. Or at least that's the case in the more recent additions. In the first one it was pretty linear. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

CptCrackpot96
06-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Im pretty sure in Brotherhood when ur supposed to kill the banker u can do it anyway u want. I did it the cool way and sat on the bench and waited for him to pass by and shank shank shank all the way home.

Keksus
06-10-2011, 10:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I posted 3 videos to prove that the assassinations are unscripted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you even know the meaning of "scripted"? Because every single assassination you posted is a perfect example for scripted assassinations. Or for bug using in case of the Micheletto mission.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Im pretty sure in Brotherhood when ur supposed to kill the banker u can do it anyway u want. I did it the cool way and sat on the bench and waited for him to pass by and shank shank shank all the way home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And if they detect you it's game over. Not so limitless if you ask me.

This was the cool thing with AC1: You had the possibility to run at your target killing every guard in your way or you could sneak. And if you were detected during sneaking there was no "Game Over" no. You just had a bunch of guards on your *** and the target on the run which you could still chase and assassinate.

Stuff like this is ENTIRELY missing since AC2 because if you do something the developers didn't plan like being detected or stuff it's game over, try again and don't you dare to do something again they haven't planned.

abbitha7
06-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Actually I much prefer AC2 and ACB to the first game's monotonous play. I'm hoping the Revelations will continue to step up the gameplay.

xCr0wnedNorris
06-10-2011, 10:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keksus:
Do you even know the meaning of "scripted"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Scripted: Handwriting as distinct from print; written characters. Printed type imitating handwriting. Writing using a particular alphabet. The written text of a play, movie, or broadcast. Computing an automated series of instructions carried out in a specific order. Psychology the social role or behavior appropriate to particular situations that an individual absorbs through cultural influences and association with others.

Yeah I know what it means.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Because every single assassination you posted is a perfect example for scripted assassinations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How exactly? From what each of those videos show, you don't assassinate any of those targets the EXACT SAME WAY every time. Because that's what scripted means. Or did you not know that?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Stuff like this is ENTIRELY missing since AC2 because if you do something the developers didn't plan like being detected or stuff it's game over, try again and don't you dare to do something again they haven't planned. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
*See posted videos*
I'm pretty sure they didn't plan for you to do all of those now did they?

On an unrelated note: Welcome to the Forums abbitha! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Vey03
06-11-2011, 04:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oOAltairOo:
It's always nice to hear about others feeling the same way as i do i this matter. There has been a lot of threads expressing a discontent to this action/dumbed down approach to the franchise that the Ubi team has been having lately. I just hope someone over there reads them...

I mean come on! All these kids who like that sort of gameplay shouldn't even play the game. It's M-rated after all http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

God it must seem like i hate the game. I don't. I just see the amazing potential this franchise has! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree. It's sad, because i do love the franchise.
The games will still be excellent, i'm sure. But if they don't change them, get back to their core, they won't be as excellent as they could have been.

PhiIs1618033
06-11-2011, 06:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Because every single assassination you posted is a perfect example for scripted assassinations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How exactly? From what each of those videos show, you don't assassinate any of those targets the EXACT SAME WAY every time. Because that's what scripted means. Or did you not know that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
For the Baron mission, there are only two real routes to the target if you're going up to him: via the roof, or through the pillars. There's not enough variance without having to resort to tactics like stealing spears from the guards earlier on in the mission. There is no social stealth aspect (only "hide behind the pillar so guards don't see you"). Combine that with the desync upon detection, even if you kill the guard directly afterwards.
Bottom line is, without resorting to tricks, the mission doesn't allow for many oppurtunities. It's scripted, alright. Even in a play written by someone, there's room for improvisation. Just not much.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Stuff like this is ENTIRELY missing since AC2 because if you do something the developers didn't plan like being detected or stuff it's game over, try again and don't you dare to do something again they haven't planned. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
*See posted videos*
I'm pretty sure they didn't plan for you to do all of those now did they?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, they definitely didn't plan the 'there is no floor' and the 'move Pantisilea'. Those rely on glitches in the game.
Other than that? Heavy weapon from the roof is pretty much the same as spear from the roof, IMO. The clever thing about the spear was getting it up the roof.
The mysterious death is nice piece of work.
The anonymous blitz, however, was probably not intended by the developers.

I count three ways consciously made possible by the developers. Not very much variation, I'd say. If you take a look at the William of Montferrat assassination in AC1, there's tons of options. Stunt assassinations from all sides, several blitzes (anonymous or exposed), luring William out of his cage, etc. After that, you also get the escape. There are several ways to escape (It's possible to escape within the fortress as well.)

albertwesker22
06-11-2011, 06:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...: I count three ways consciously made possible by the developers. Not very much variation, I'd say. If you take a look at the William of Montferrat assassination in AC1, there's tons of options. Stunt assassinations from all sides, several blitzes (anonymous or exposed), luring William out of his cage, etc. After that, you also get the escape. There are several ways to escape (It's possible to escape within the fortress as well.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AC 1's Abu'l Nuqoud mission was great. I usually just drop off the scaffolding and shank him before being spotted. They should make a similar mission in Rev.

Go after your target, everything goes to $h*t, then you kill your target in the ensuing chaos.

piratprince
06-11-2011, 07:18 AM
Shortly
Ac simulation versus AC Blockbuster.

AC 1 = Ac simulation &gt; AC Blockbuster!
AC2a = AC Blockbuster &gt; Ac simulation!
ACB2b = AC Blockbuster &gt;&gt; Ac simulation!
ACR2c = AC Blockbuster &gt;&gt;&gt; Ac simulation ?

AC3 = (Ac simulation = AC Blockbuster)^2 ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

reini03
06-11-2011, 07:27 AM
Shortly
Ac simulation versus AC Blockbuster.

AC 1 = Ac simulation &gt; AC Blockbuster!
AC2a = AC Blockbuster &gt; Ac simulation!
ACB2b = AC Blockbuster &gt;&gt; Ac simulation!
ACR2c = AC Blockbuster &gt;&gt;&gt; Ac simulation ?

AC3 = (Ac simulation = AC Blockbuster)^2 ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't get your point.

iN3krO
06-11-2011, 09:43 AM

LOOOL....

Graphics: Better than assassin's creed
Story: I love greek mythologic so i love the story too
Gameplay: Very good, with great features and the combat is really hard

What is the problem with the game?... It's scripted but the game don't tell u what u have to do unlike AcB which tells you Go from A to B and from B to A... there u have to think...
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what the am i reading? god of war a perfect game? hahahahah! literally no content (6 - 8 hours at most) with literally nothing else to do besides doing the story over and over again. and the story in god of war was sub par. it was mediocre at best especially with that ending. it is not a great game, im saying this even i have the platinum for it. its a good rental, but not worth 60$ for what you get unlike assassins creed brotherhood </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

iN3krO
06-11-2011, 09:45 AM

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what the **** am i reading? god of war a perfect game? hahahahah! literally no content (6 - 8 hours at most) with literally nothing else to do besides doing the story over and over again. and the story in god of war was sub par. it was mediocre at best especially with that ending. it is not a great game, im saying this even i have the platinum for it. its a good rental, but not worth 60$ for what you get unlike assassins creed brotherhood </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOOOL....

Graphics: Better than assassin's creed
Story: I love greek mythologic so i love the story too
Gameplay: Very good, with great features and the combat is really hard

What is the problem with the game?... It's scripted but the game don't tell u what u have to do unlike AcB which tells you Go from A to B and from B to A... there u have to think...

Mr_Shade
06-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Let's try and keep to the topic and not start a AC vs GOW rage thread...

Thanks.

iN3krO
06-11-2011, 09:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Let's try and keep to the topic and not start a AC vs GOW rage thread...

Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nr_Shade don't take me wrong... I see the full-potential of Assassin's Creed and all i want is it to being the best franchise ever created but if the series keeps this way it will become crappier and crappier at each release, only the present story will be worth the money....

Also, i compared assassin's creed to god of war cuz both are good franchises thought god of war didn't have that potential Ac got... It was a type of game already seen since Psx...

k20ml
06-11-2011, 05:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nekov4ego:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is good.

Keksus
06-12-2011, 04:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How exactly? From what each of those videos show, you don't assassinate any of those targets the EXACT SAME WAY every time. Because that's what scripted means. Or did you not know that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you do. For example the banker ... well. Of course: Sometimes you use the parachute, other times you just sneak up on him ... but well: No way to start a chase and chase him down, because the mission is scripted.

They limit you. And this little variety is not what I'm looking for in an AC game. Especially not if some of the variety is just bug using.

And as long as I can't choose if I want to kill everybody in my way and chase the target down or sneak in with the crowd, being undetected until I kill my target I won't be satisfied. It's not about the little variety they have shown in the videos. After all: Everything was still sneaking in the example mission and there were even assassination in which he almost desynched because he was detected and was just able to continue playing because he was fast enough to kill his target, therefore cancelling the desync. This is bugusing and not intended by the developers.

Also nice would be possibilities like in Hitman were you were able to assassinate your target and make it look like it was an accident.

iN3krO
06-12-2011, 05:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How exactly? From what each of those videos show, you don't assassinate any of those targets the EXACT SAME WAY every time. Because that's what scripted means. Or did you not know that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you do. For example the banker ... well. Of course: Sometimes you use the parachute, other times you just sneak up on him ... but well: No way to start a chase and chase him down, because the mission is scripted.

They limit you. And this little variety is not what I'm looking for in an AC game. Especially not if some of the variety is just bug using.

And as long as I can't choose if I want to kill everybody in my way and chase the target down or sneak in with the crowd, being undetected until I kill my target I won't be satisfied. It's not about the little variety they have shown in the videos. After all: Everything was still sneaking in the example mission and there were even assassination in which he almost desynched because he was detected and was just able to continue playing because he was fast enough to kill his target, therefore cancelling the desync. This is bugusing and not intended by the developers.

Also nice would be possibilities like in Hitman were you were able to assassinate your target and make it look like it was an accident. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't forget to say that going stealthy SHOULD be easier but going agresive SHOULD be faster...

sassinscreed
06-16-2011, 07:04 AM
Hi,

What the **** is Ubisoft doing? Really, I don't mind if they give you the possibility to fight and so on ... but why do they prevent you from using social stealth in every way possible? I mean: They give all these cool gadgets and god dammit: They even added the social stealth ... but you just can't use it because every mission is scripted. You don't have a chance to play the game any other way than imagined by the developers. And these ways almost never include social stealth. It's always about killing the entire enemy army or blowing up a whole base or armada (as seen in the E3 demo).

I don't want the impossible. Just more freedom during the assassinations. It's an open world game after all. At the moment AC is nothing more than a CoD game: Lot's of explosions, everything scripted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there are already 3 assassins creed games out: assassins creed, assassins creed 2, and assassins creed brotherhood
and one game announced, assassins creed revelations, coming in november

RH3SUS
06-16-2011, 11:46 AM
If AC was anything like COD then I wouldn't play.

Couldn't care any less if some missions in ACB were scripted or not, the whole "unscripted vs scripted" thing is a fad that became apparently a tool for trolls to complain about.

I play games for more than 20 years and yes, everything was scripted back then and games were still good. ACB was visibly open world like the previous games and I couldn't notice any particular flaws regarding gameplay being scripted or not. I can remember I got to kill Juan Borgia just the way I wanted.

Scripted missions do tell a story and a story is very much needed to support a game like AC. So if you're too unhappy to the point of writing something as asinine as "Was AC ever released" on the forum then QUIT!

Sometimes I get to think if there are any PR infiltrates in here trying to sabotage Ubisoft and the AC franchise.

InfectedNation
06-16-2011, 12:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sassinscreed:
Hi,

What the **** is Ubisoft doing? Really, I don't mind if they give you the possibility to fight and so on ... but why do they prevent you from using social stealth in every way possible? I mean: They give all these cool gadgets and god dammit: They even added the social stealth ... but you just can't use it because every mission is scripted. You don't have a chance to play the game any other way than imagined by the developers. And these ways almost never include social stealth. It's always about killing the entire enemy army or blowing up a whole base or armada (as seen in the E3 demo).

I don't want the impossible. Just more freedom during the assassinations. It's an open world game after all. At the moment AC is nothing more than a CoD game: Lot's of explosions, everything scripted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there are already 3 assassins creed games out: assassins creed, assassins creed 2, and assassins creed brotherhood
and one game announced, assassins creed revelations, coming in november </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL Successful Troll is Successful.

Rea1SamF1sher
06-16-2011, 01:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RH3SUS:
Couldn't care any less if some missions in ACB were scripted or not, the whole "unscripted vs scripted" thing is a fad that became apparently a tool for trolls to complain about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
When the first game gives you more freedom then the sequels, then there is something wrong. The variation of missions was a problem in AC1 and the sequels solved that problem but took away the freedom you had in some missions which was even more common in ACB. It's important not to confound variation and freedom. You had a lot more options you could choose of in AC2 and ACB and a lot more weapons but it doesn't necessarily mean you had more freedom.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I play games for more than 20 years and yes, everything was scripted back then and games were still good. ACB was visibly open world like the previous games and I couldn't notice any particular flaws regarding gameplay being scripted or not. I can remember I got to kill Juan Borgia just the way I wanted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
A lot of scripted sequences forces you into situations which adds nothing to the story. You can tell the story well without having scripted missions. You know you have your database, the Animus which always shows the name of important buildings. It can be made very useful for the assassination mission to know the location of your targets. For example target A is near that church. You will look for the church in your map and look near that church for your target.

Do you not think it would be very exciting to have missions where you need to find your target for yourself?
Listen to people, while they tell in which part of the city your target is at the moment. If there are a lot of guards, if it's making more sense to assassinate your target at night because there aren't as much guards looking for him. The thing is the target could be at a random place. Everytime you replay the game you could find him on another location. Gather the information you need for the assassination and then go for it. AC1 has a very good idea but the potential wasn't used, instead we had the feeling of doing always the same and doing it for nothing because the people we were working for didn't give us any real information.

But one thing is for sure, there don't have to be any senseless scripted sequences where the game throws you at a group of guards, although you could easily avoid them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Scripted missions do tell a story and a story is very much needed to support a game like AC. So if you're too unhappy to the point of writing something as asinine as "Was AC ever released" on the forum then QUIT! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The most of a story is already told by the people where you get the missions from. The scripts may add some twists but are often unnecessary, because as said they don't add anything to the story. I cannot see how it makes a difference if you avoid guards in a mission or kill them. Important is just to make your objectives!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sometimes I get to think if there are any PR infiltrates in here trying to sabotage Ubisoft and the AC franchise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think the game is very good, but it could be a lot better. There is a lot of potential, by having more freedom which I expected they would improve on that section from playing AC1 and the direction it set. I also think that there really should be difficulty levels for people who look for more challenge.

iN3krO
06-16-2011, 02:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andre202:

The most of a story is already told by the people where you get the missions from. The scripts may add some twists but are often unnecessary, because as said they don't add anything to the story. I cannot see how it makes a difference if you avoid guards in a mission or kill them. Important is just to make your objectives! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Err... If you kill the normal guards you are doing a thing against the ceeed (ezio!!!), if you kill corrupt guards you are doing a good thing helping the brotherhood (altair and ezio).

Yes it changes the story, being able to rip-off every guard without problems makes the combat the fastest way to acomplish missions so almost everyone will be breaking the creed while playing the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Rea1SamF1sher
06-16-2011, 02:19 PM
Err... If you kill the normal guards you are doing a thing against the ceeed (ezio!!!), if you kill corrupt guards you are doing a good thing helping the brotherhood (altair and ezio). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you offer more freedom you also offer the choice of not following the Creed which is acceptable, if the game gives you at least always the possibility to play by the Creed.

The assassin's always went for the head of the problem. One dies and thousands of people will live in peace. Guards are just doing their orders, what people tell. That's one aspect Abstergo was also interested which you know when you played the first game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yes it changes the story, being able to rip-off every guard without problems makes the combat the fastest way to acomplish missions so almost everyone will be breaking the creed while playing the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The objectives you need to do are already set in stone. The story will be always the same but the thing is to be able to do everything the game offers on features in the missions.

It's this way:

1. People tell you the problem they have and give you their objective. They tell the story.

2. You do the missions, it's up to you how get to your target or how you do your objective.

3. After finishing mission, story goes on.

iN3krO
06-16-2011, 02:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andre202:
Err... If you kill the normal guards you are doing a thing against the ceeed (ezio!!!), if you kill corrupt guards you are doing a good thing helping the brotherhood (altair and ezio). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you offer more freedom you also offer the choice of not following the Creed which is acceptable, if the game gives you at least always the possibility to play by the Creed.

The assassin's always went for the head of the problem. One dies and thousands of people will live in peace. Guards are just doing their orders, what people tell. That's one aspect Abstergo was also interested which you know when you played the first game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yes it changes the story, being able to rip-off every guard without problems makes the combat the fastest way to acomplish missions so almost everyone will be breaking the creed while playing the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The objectives you need to do are already set in stone. The story will be always the same but the thing is to be able to do everything the game offers on features in the missions.

It's this way:

1. People tell you the problem they have and give you their objective. They tell the story.

2. You do the missions, it's up to you how get to your target or how you do your objective.

3. After finishing mission, story goes on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh, it would be like if we would have choses to do. Like in GTA but than, if you decide to save someone life after he swering you his help and than he is a traitor, you will get an harder mission to assassinate him so you would need to be wiser to see who is going to help you or not (hope u understand what i mean).

RH3SUS
06-17-2011, 12:40 PM
I think the game is very good, but it could be a lot better. There is a lot of potential, by having more freedom which I expected they would improve on that section from playing AC1 and the direction it set. I also think that there really should be difficulty levels for people who look for more challenge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for your answer, Andre202. Criticism towards unscripted missions and more freedom on gameplay is perfectly valid and appreciated in future AC games. It's only the way the subject is discussed that disgusts me. Constructive criticism is the way to show the devs what we gamers want in future releases.