PDA

View Full Version : Engine starting

xh592
03-04-2007, 04:03 AM
Can any one provide me with an engine starting checklist, with the key commands. I can't find the correct key for the starter and always hae to let the autopilot do it for me. I have tried the quick start but that just starts a ecording. Thanks, XH592

xh592
03-04-2007, 04:03 AM
Can any one provide me with an engine starting checklist, with the key commands. I can't find the correct key for the starter and always hae to let the autopilot do it for me. I have tried the quick start but that just starts a ecording. Thanks, XH592

Joonas_P_K
03-04-2007, 04:18 AM
Tailgear locked, radiator open, flaps down, power to maybe 10%, press engine start (i by default). And apply power and you are ready to go, and watch out for torque. Use rudder to keep yourself on the runway.

XyZspineZyX
03-04-2007, 05:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xh592:
Can any one provide me with an engine starting checklist, with the key commands. I can't find the correct key for the starter and always hae to let the autopilot do it for me. I have tried the quick start but that just starts a ecording. Thanks, XH592 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Quick start is supposed to start a recording

You didn;t look at the commands hard enough. Press the "I" key

A descision was made long ago (before 2001) to simplify engine start routines. It is one of the small number of things I dislike about this sim