PDA

View Full Version : Extract from Auditore Crypt Ezio (Not) Auditore?

Mazz211
02-09-2010, 04:35 PM
So guys, if you have not bought the Auditore Crypt from uplay, please go do so and read later.

In one of the extracts from the Auditore Crypt, Domenico Auditore writes 'I adopted the name Auditore, impersonating a noble at the florentine court' This means Ezio has another name, I am interested in finding out where the descent is from, as Auditore is not his real surname, could it possibly be the same surname as Altair has (I haven't played AC1 properly, nor do I own it) there is a good chance that Altair is Ezios great x? Grandfather, as he may have made sweet love with the templar girl in the flashback.

Thoughts?

Mazz211
02-09-2010, 04:35 PM
So guys, if you have not bought the Auditore Crypt from uplay, please go do so and read later.

In one of the extracts from the Auditore Crypt, Domenico Auditore writes 'I adopted the name Auditore, impersonating a noble at the florentine court' This means Ezio has another name, I am interested in finding out where the descent is from, as Auditore is not his real surname, could it possibly be the same surname as Altair has (I haven't played AC1 properly, nor do I own it) there is a good chance that Altair is Ezios great x? Grandfather, as he may have made sweet love with the templar girl in the flashback.

Thoughts?

Ureh
02-09-2010, 09:05 PM
The fact that Desmond has memories from Altair and Ezio means that they were his ancestors. Which also means that Altair is definitely their grandfather.

Several generations have passed between Altair and Ezio, even more so between Ezio and Desmond. They could've had female descendents who couldn't pass on Altair's last name, thereby the husband's last name would be passed on instead. Or they had male descendents who could pass on his name, but moved to a different country and changed their names to the respective country's language thereby losing the full meaning of their surname. Slowly becoming less and less relevant to Altair's last name.

TheDarkKnigg1
02-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Please play the first game.

Thank you.

obliviondoll
02-09-2010, 11:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ureh:
The fact that Desmond has memories from Altair and Ezio means that they were his ancestors. Which also means that Altair is definitely their grandfather. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're assuming both of the ancestors are part of the same family line. If Altair is an ancestor on Desmond's mother's side, and Ezio is related on his father's side, then they could potentially have not been related at all.

Obviously, the chance of them being from different branches happens in every generation. So stating that Ezio is descnded from Altair is a bit of a stretch until you prove the lineage (which Bloodlines supposedly does - I haven't got far into it yet though)

Captain Tomatoz
02-10-2010, 01:21 AM
i think it was in one of the codex pages that one of altiars sons went with him to fight ghengis kahn. And kahn is mentions in the auditore crypt i think. Cant rememeber fully avent played the story in a while

Abeonis
02-10-2010, 04:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ureh:
The fact that Desmond has memories from Altair and Ezio means that they were his ancestors. Which also means that Altair is definitely their grandfather. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're assuming both of the ancestors are part of the same family line. If Altair is an ancestor on Desmond's mother's side, and Ezio is related on his father's side, then they could potentially have not been related at all.

Obviously, the chance of them being from different branches happens in every generation. So stating that Ezio is descnded from Altair is a bit of a stretch until you prove the lineage (which Bloodlines supposedly does - I haven't got far into it yet though) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game states that Ezio and Altair are directly related; they're of the same family line.

GARNETsky
02-10-2010, 04:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony6593:
i think it was in one of the codex pages that one of altiars sons went with him to fight ghengis kahn. And kahn is mentions in the auditore crypt i think. Cant rememeber fully avent played the story in a while </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are correct. The AC wiki has transcriptions of both entries.

From Codex Page 28 (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/The_Codex):
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A dark tide rises to the east - an army of such size and power that all the land is made quick to worry. Their leader is a man named Temujin, who has adopted the title Genghis Khan. He sweeps across the lands, conquering and subsuming all who stand in his way. Whatever his motives, he must be stopped. Were I younger, I might attempt to undertake this work in secret - as I suspect the presence of a Piece of Eden. But those days are years gone, now. The mantle must be passed. It is time she and I spoke with our sons. We will travel there together, that they may be tested and that this threat might be stopped. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The pertinent family crypt plaque (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Auditore_Family_Crypt).
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It was then that Dante began showing me pages from a book that Messer Polo had brought back from the palace of the great Genghis Khan. The manuscript, the Codex, was about our order, the Assassins </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Worth noting is that the first entry plaque in the crypt ("I was raised in a small house by the Venetian lagoon...") is titled "Venice, 1296." The wiki author interprets this as the time of the memoirs recording, but wouldn't that suggest that it was written in Venice, also? I think it's more realistic to interpret that as his year of birth. That'd put him, what, two generations after Altair? (edit: probably more than that, considering how young most people where when they had children...). I'm not sure how naming works in this historical time and place to know how that affects the pre-Auditore family name, but it's something?

(My selective memory had previously led me to theorize that Marco Polo's visit to the Mongolian Empire was how Altair's line got to Italy, though now I see the soon-to-be-Auditore patriarch was born in Venice. Oh, well.)

FiskMunk
02-10-2010, 06:50 AM
Of course it's a straight bloodline! AC's story revolves around the possiblity of "genetic memory", after all -
Please explain to me how else genes can be passed on from Alta´r &gt; ...Ancestors... &gt; Giovanni &gt; Ezio &gt; ...More ancestors... &gt; Desmond?

Unless they figured out how to splice genes 700 year ago...

jimbo11235813
02-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Basing this comment on what I've read of the book "Alamut" and the meaning of Altair's 'surname' (his full name is "Alta´r Ibn-La'Ahad"), I think the assassin's (and others) didn't have surnames like we do today. Instead, they just use "[name] son of [name of father]/[name] Ibn-[name of father]." So regardless of what Altair's surname was, his son would be "[name] Ibn-Altair" (if I'm right). So, I don't know whether we will ever know what his real surname should be.

Just FYI, Altair's surname means "son of no one" (according to http://assassinscreed.wikia.co...i/Alta%C3%AFr_Ibn-La (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Alta%C3%AFr_Ibn-La)'Ahad). I think this was to make him sound mysterious.

bokeef04
02-13-2010, 09:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FiskMunk:
Of course it's a straight bloodline! AC's story revolves around the possiblity of "genetic memory", after all -
Please explain to me how else genes can be passed on from Alta´r &gt; ...Ancestors... &gt; Giovanni &gt; Ezio &gt; ...More ancestors... &gt; Desmond?

Unless they figured out how to splice genes 700 year ago... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

except if Giovanni, Ezio are on a different family tree branch to Altair, Desmond and Altair and Desmond/Ezio/Giovanni must be related, but Altair doesn't have to be related to Giovanni or Ezio, look at it this way, Altair is on Desmonds fathers side, while Giovanni/Ezio is on his mothers, making Altair unrelated to Giovanni and Ezio, unless Desmonds parents were related ofcourse

Kill.Billy
02-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Well Considering Ezio, Altair, and Desmond all look pretty much the exact same; I'd say they are all fairly directly related.

O6EvolutionIXMR
02-15-2010, 06:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kill.Billy:
Well Considering Ezio, Altair, and Desmond all look pretty much the exact same; I'd say they are all fairly directly related. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, Chad Smith (the drummer from Red Hot Chili Peppers) & Will Ferrell look identical. They're not related http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://galeri.milliyet.com.tr/2008/3/19Yildizlar,_ikiz_gibi!/22.jpg
http://joerayw.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/red-hot-chili-peppers-0002.jpg

iKoako
02-16-2010, 02:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kill.Billy:
Well Considering Ezio, Altair, and Desmond all look pretty much the exact same; I'd say they are all fairly directly related. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just because they look alike doesn't mean they're related. In this case, yes they are. But you could have a look-alike without being related.