PDA

View Full Version : Sound hickups

Altair_402
06-14-2008, 01:06 AM
When I'm playing the game, sound and music is a complete mess. In action (being chased while galloping, fighting etc) the music is full of hickups and stops and so on. Example: when a sword hits a sword I hear ching.ching<--hickup. This is the only game where I have had problems with sound related things.

Specs:
-AMD Athlon 64 4000(X1) @2685mhz
-2GB DRR1
-GeForce 9600GT (driver 175.x)
-s939 nForce 4
-soundblaster live! 5.1 audio card
-XP

Altair_402
06-14-2008, 01:06 AM
When I'm playing the game, sound and music is a complete mess. In action (being chased while galloping, fighting etc) the music is full of hickups and stops and so on. Example: when a sword hits a sword I hear ching.ching&lt;--hickup. This is the only game where I have had problems with sound related things.

Specs:
-AMD Athlon 64 4000(X1) @2685mhz
-2GB DRR1
-GeForce 9600GT (driver 175.x)
-s939 nForce 4
-soundblaster live! 5.1 audio card
-XP

Phreaky_McGeek
06-14-2008, 03:18 AM
post your DXdiag results here so we can have a better look.. in the mean time, try reducing the hardware acceleration for your soundcard a notch as that seems to work for many people.

ASDF_Russell
06-14-2008, 01:39 PM
I also have this problem.

Turning down sound acceleration does NOT work for me.

I have a PCChips A11G motherboard which has integrated RealTek AC'97 Audio , ALC655 standard.

caswallawn_2k7
06-14-2008, 01:45 PM
its caused by running the game on too high graphics settings making the game video run to slow for the sound so it causes hic ups as the sound tries to correct it self.

adeybabe
06-25-2008, 04:24 AM
all my specs r above de requirements in AC

bt i dont have speakers, so de sounds is comin from de built in speakers from my comp.

de voice of de player lags with their movement of their mouth

any suggestions?

spyridonz
06-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Dude, I have the same exact problem. I also have the same exact specs of the first poster, aside from having an 8800GT video card.

The weird thing is, after installing I first launched the game and it ran fine.

Then I got messaged and it alt tabbed me out of game, and I couldnt come back in game so I had to cntl alt delete.

Once I went back in, the sound was skipping. If it was just the sound effects it wouldnt be so bad, but the voices, music, everything starts skipping and repeating. Completely kills the immersion and I cant even understand what their saying in conversations really.

I tried to shut down and restart to see if it fixed it, nothing I do seems to fix this.

I dont know whats going on but I find it very strange that it ran great for me the first time, but wont anymore.

I tried turning graphics down, hardware accelleration down, it doesnt seem to have anything to do with my settings.

Hell even in the medical room or whatever, with the cutscenes of the girl and the scientist talking to you, it skips. So I highly doubt that it is the graphic settings too high causing this.

liquid_forever
06-29-2008, 11:44 PM
Check the 'Flux Capacitor'. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Aznbrandon137
06-30-2008, 05:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phreaky_McGeek:
post your DXdiag results here so we can have a better look.. in the mean time, try reducing the hardware acceleration for your soundcard a notch as that seems to work for many people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>..
dude... your avatar.. REALLY FREEKS ME OUT ehehehe http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif