PDA

View Full Version : Me 109E + GM-1

Heliopause
05-27-2007, 01:24 AM
Flying an Me 109E-7 yesterday online I climbed away from the airfield using GM-1. I activated it at 0%. Going 110% in the climb I suddenly lost the engine. I glided the same way down as I had climbed up, reaching the safety of the airfield.
Any reason you guys know of why the engine stopped? Can GM-1 be used only for a short period?

Heliopause
05-27-2007, 01:24 AM
Flying an Me 109E-7 yesterday online I climbed away from the airfield using GM-1. I activated it at 0%. Going 110% in the climb I suddenly lost the engine. I glided the same way down as I had climbed up, reaching the safety of the airfield.
Any reason you guys know of why the engine stopped? Can GM-1 be used only for a short period?

Mechant_Schmidt
05-27-2007, 01:36 AM
I'm no expert, bu a quick search would let u know to NOT use GM-1 under 6500m...which would cause your engine to do just what it did.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

249th_Maico
05-27-2007, 01:38 AM
I want to know what the deal is too. It seems like no matter how I activate this boost on the Emil, I kill the engine. Tried it at high alt from 0% throttle and had the same results. What gives?

Heliopause
05-27-2007, 01:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I'm no expert, bu a quick search would let u know to NOT use GM-1 under 6500m...which would cause your engine to do just what it did.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!! There was no funny sound that I noticed, but I'll take the advice though! Thanks.

stalkervision
05-27-2007, 03:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 249th_Maico:
I want to know what the deal is too. It seems like no matter how I activate this boost on the Emil, I kill the engine. Tried it at high alt from 0% throttle and had the same results. What gives? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would say 0% throttle might be the answer...

Normally isn't this activated only at 100% power? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

JtD
05-27-2007, 04:18 AM
GM-1 is nitro injection and must not be used below a planes full throttle height. If you do, you just blow your engine. Nitro isn't the most gentle option for an engine boost. So you got to be at least at 5000m, if you still blow it, go higher and try there. I don't think the power % matter.

Kurfurst__
05-27-2007, 05:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JtD:
GM-1 is nitro injection and must not be used below a planes full throttle height. If you do, you just blow your engine. Nitro isn't the most gentle option for an engine boost. So you got to be at least at 5000m, if you still blow it, go higher and try there. I don't think the power % matter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed. GM-1 (Göing-Mischung 1, Göing Mixture No 1) was liquid oxygen mixed with nitrious, basically a nitrous oxide boost that's used today in 'tuned' cars and by stupid rich boys in LA collecting cars even when they can't drive them. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

This boost effectively means you carry oxygen in pressurized or insulated tank with yourself, and inject when your engine's supercharger can't maintain proper boost pressures anymore. GM-1 needs to be used ca 1.5 km above you engine's rated altitude (which is ca 5 km on the Emil historically, so experiment with the boost above 6.5-7 km). When used, it's gives MASSIVE amount of performance boost at high altitude. It actually adds no less than 300 extra horsepower, and boosts your speed and climb mightily. But it can be used only in proper altitude, otherwise your simply blow your engine up overloading it so much at low alts.

M_Gunz
05-27-2007, 06:12 AM
Nitrous oxide which packs more oxygen per volume than compressed oxygen is used on all kinds
of vehicles including motorcycles. Some people are not rich California kids and are very
serious about going fast, even make a living from it. And then there's the jealous ones....

So the Germans mixed LOX in with the GM as SOP? For sure?