PDA

View Full Version : Very little changes made to currency in AC:R. *Spoiler Free*

KrYpToNiC95
11-12-2011, 02:51 PM
The developers told us earlier in the year about revamping the currency but after seeing some videos posted is seems that currency hasn't changed. In one video the player has 20 thousand coins in others even higher. Unless they have something that will balance this it seems like the same currency system is returning.

KrYpToNiC95
11-12-2011, 02:51 PM
The developers told us earlier in the year about revamping the currency but after seeing some videos posted is seems that currency hasn't changed. In one video the player has 20 thousand coins in others even higher. Unless they have something that will balance this it seems like the same currency system is returning.

Jexx21
11-12-2011, 02:54 PM
20k isn't even a lot. Armor costs that much.

ShaneO7K
11-12-2011, 03:04 PM
20k won't even get a full armour set worth getting, even then I had no major problems with the economy system they had going.

twenty_glyphs
11-12-2011, 03:57 PM
I've watched and read just about every interview, and I think that what you're referring to is them saying that they wanted to add something else useful to the currency system. They continually referred to the problem of not having enough money in the beginning of the game and having too much at the end. The revamped part of the system is the bomb ingredients, since they will always be useful even when you don't have very many, and you can continually use and find new ones. I never heard them say that the money system itself was changing in some other way, just that they were adding bomb crafting and ingredients to give an alternative to the currency system.

Oatkeeper
11-12-2011, 06:32 PM
and then there is pickpocketing bodies... SO MUCH FREE STUFF. Why would I ever need to restock?

eagleforlife1
11-13-2011, 06:35 AM
I'm on Sequence 3 and I can barely get any money. The most money I have had is 7k; and that doesn't buy you much.

Black_Widow9
11-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Even though there is no Spoiler in the original post, it is turning into that. Moving here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/9011039408) now.

tjbyrum1
11-13-2011, 01:46 PM
I think the Ubi gives you a small amount of money for the main missions. They want you to rely on side quests and other things (such as Assassin Recruit contracts) to get money as well - this way a side quest isn't merely 'a side quest' but instead a way to get money... think of it has temporary jobs I guess.

While playing Brotherhood, before completing another sequence, I tried to complete every side quest, renovate every shop, synchronize every viewpoint, and take every Borgia Tower. I had enough money for what I needed as I was playing.