PDA

View Full Version : Something about Minerva I dont Understand (AC2 end **SPOILERS**)

Xx El Kino xX
01-04-2011, 07:44 PM
How is she talking through Ezio to Desmond? Since it's a memory, it would've happened already. Unless she somehow went into the Animus and talked to Desmond from there? But then again, it's a memory, and Ezio wouldn't have reacted that way. I think I'm confusing myself...

Xx El Kino xX
01-04-2011, 07:44 PM
How is she talking through Ezio to Desmond? Since it's a memory, it would've happened already. Unless she somehow went into the Animus and talked to Desmond from there? But then again, it's a memory, and Ezio wouldn't have reacted that way. I think I'm confusing myself...

TrueDemonzBane
01-04-2011, 08:48 PM
she knew that desmond miles would relive ezio auditore da firenze's memories through the animus, she knew that ezio would be the only one to enter the vault, idk if it was some kind of magic proficy, or if they use some kind of machine, or if they just new instinctivly, but they knew what would happen long after they died, and recorded holograms to send the messages to desmond, to insure that humanity would live on, and through humanity, the dna of the gods

StrangelovePhD
01-04-2011, 09:28 PM
Those Who Came Before, particular Minvera have said they were "more advanced in time" simply meaning they don't preceive time in the linear fashion the way humans do.

If anyone has read Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughter House 5 think of the Tralfamadorians.

"The most important thing I learned on Tralfamadore was that when a person dies he only appears to die. He is still very much alive in the past, so it is very silly for people to cry at his funeral. All moments, past, present and future, always have existed, always will exist. The Tralfamadorians can look at all the different moments just that way we can look at a stretch of the Rocky Mountains, for instance. They can see how permanent all the moments are, and they can look at any moment that interests them. It is just an illusion we have here on Earth that one moment follows another one, like beads on a string, and that once a moment is gone it is gone forever."

From what I can gather Those Who Came Before preceive time in the same way, all at once. They have already perceived Desmond would enter the Animus and they left the message through Ezio to Desmond because to them it had already happened/ is happening. It would always happen that way so that's why they knew to leave the message (hard to wrap your heads around, eh?)...

See also Lost and "Whatever Happened, happened."

This is probably why the POEs seem to give prophetic abilities to those who come into contact with them. Humans are getting a taste of of this advanced perception.

This also might explain Subject 16 and his "message from the future".

Valentorg
01-05-2011, 12:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by StrangelovePhD:
The Tralfamadorians can look at all the different moments just that way we can look at a stretch of the Rocky Mountains, for instance. They can see how permanent all the moments are, and they can look at any moment that interests them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know this wasn't your own statement but the analogy doesn't actually work.
A stretch of mountains isn't permanent, nothing in this world stays permanently in the same state it's in.

StrangelovePhD
01-05-2011, 01:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Valentorg:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by StrangelovePhD:
The Tralfamadorians can look at all the different moments just that way we can look at a stretch of the Rocky Mountains, for instance. They can see how permanent all the moments are, and they can look at any moment that interests them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know this wasn't your own statement but the analogy doesn't actually work.
A stretch of mountains isn't permanent, nothing in this world stays permanently in the same state it's in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It works, you're just misunderstanding it. The idea is that since we percieve linear time we perceive things as being impermanent much like we see our lives as having a begining middle and end.

""When a Tralfamadorian sees a corpse, all he thinks is that the dead person is in a bad condition in that particular moment, but that the same person is just fine in plenty of other moments. Now, when I myself hear that somebody is dead, I simply shrug and say what the Tralfamadorians say about dead people, which is 'So it goes'."

It stays pristine and untouched at the time it is pristine and untouched. Like moments in our lives when we are young and healthy. Single moments in time.

If you haven't read the book (or any other Kurt Vonnegut) I highly recommend them. He was a hilarious insightful writer.