PDA

View Full Version : GR:FS PC Version

REMORSELESS
02-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Please, do NOT port this and do NOT have regen health for this game on PC.

Dedicated servers and AC are a MUST out of the box, and I would also imagine that a majority of PC GR fans do not want an OTS view like on consoles, where the control scheme fits that view better than an FP view. I know I don't speak for everybody, but those are my main concerns on this title as a PC gamer. I do not need or want my hand held while playing a GR game. I'd prefer it if you didn't even try to.

REMORSELESS
02-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Please, do NOT port this and do NOT have regen health for this game on PC.

Dedicated servers and AC are a MUST out of the box, and I would also imagine that a majority of PC GR fans do not want an OTS view like on consoles, where the control scheme fits that view better than an FP view. I know I don't speak for everybody, but those are my main concerns on this title as a PC gamer. I do not need or want my hand held while playing a GR game. I'd prefer it if you didn't even try to.

spm1138
02-09-2010, 12:25 PM
I'm not paying full PC price for a port or taking this seriously as an MP title without proper PC MP features.

REMORSELESS
02-09-2010, 12:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spm1138:
I'm not paying full PC price for a port or taking this seriously as an MP title without proper PC MP features. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. It's nigh disrespectful to be handed a game that's an afterthought and be expected to pay full price for it.

Trauma.au
02-09-2010, 10:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by REMORSELESS:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spm1138:
I'm not paying full PC price for a port or taking this seriously as an MP title without proper PC MP features. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. It's nigh disrespectful to be handed a game that's an afterthought and be expected to pay full price for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only ever owned the first Ghost Recon (was epic), seems that's not changing, also only ever owned Rainbow 6: Raven Shield, doubt that will change with Vegas and that general direction.

Funny how they reduce PC game to ports because of piracy, but this practice just perpetuates piracy.

Ha and after trying the horrid Bad Company 2 beta I have lost all hope for the new Medal of Honor since DICE are doing the MP for it.

ZX3_EBDA
02-10-2010, 08:55 AM
ded = must have

Dr__Cube
02-10-2010, 09:48 AM
It's gonna be a port of the console version. They are not going to fund two studios, two different development paths like they did with GRIN creating a distinct PC version of GRAW.

BS PALADIN
02-10-2010, 09:49 AM
RSE are heavily involved with this title in some way. That Im certain off.

GiriGiri.Ninja
02-10-2010, 11:51 AM
yes dedicated servers are a must

and also IMO the sensitivity is a bit "heavy" even when i raise the sens.. bar,
but it can be just me.
so make it a bit "lighter".
and no more GRIN they <span class="ev_code_red">edit</span> up the game RSE is awesome

Khoserkenovich
02-10-2010, 01:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ghost_Squad1991:
and no more GRIN they <span class="ev_code_red">edit</span> up the game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GRIN already closed it's doors last year. The last game that they were working was a Final Fantasy game called Fortress.

Anyway, I don't mind if it's first person or third person. All I care is that it PC exclusive features like dedicate servers, better graphics, gameplay, etc.

john_chi
02-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Dedicated servers and COOP is a must. In fact, all I really care about is that it will have a solid COOP experience. I could care less if it's third person or not. Don't get me wrong, I love my modern combat shooters as realistic as possible. But I also like them to be fun and to look cool as well.

REMORSELESS
02-12-2010, 05:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dr__Cube:
It's gonna be a port of the console version. They are not going to fund two studios, two different development paths like they did with GRIN creating a distinct PC version of GRAW. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would suck massively if they did that. Though, I wouldn't put it past them. It's not like Ubi's really ever proven to me that they recognize PC gamers as a separate audience that's different than the console audience.

BSR_RuGGBuTT
02-13-2010, 06:40 PM
Console port to PC is full of FAIL. You should have seen the fallout over OFP/DR when it was released. People were so mad they were taking the games back to the stores. There was no peek for one, unless you were AI. AI could do all kinds of stuff the player couldn't.

Geilswijk
02-14-2010, 04:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dr__Cube:
It's gonna be a port of the console version. They are not going to fund two studios, two different development paths like they did with GRIN creating a distinct PC version of GRAW. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh... were the PC versions of GRAW and GRAW2 not just ported versions with content removed ?

WhiteKnight77
02-14-2010, 04:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Geilswijk:
Oh... were the PC versions of GRAW and GRAW2 not just ported versions with content removed ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, the GRAWs for PC were both developed by GRIN.

REMORSELESS
02-15-2010, 11:27 PM
Wow, didn't notice this before, but both Amazon and GameStop have it listed as $60 for the PC version...WTF? This is ridiculous. They throw restrictive DRM into the game that requires an Internet connection to even launch it and now we have to pay $10 more? It doesn't make sense. The only reason console games are as expensive as they are is because of the extra cost of licensing/certification.

Bad move on Ubi's part, especially considering they're trying to combat piracy. Not going to do it by alienating people who pay for their games.

MiNeRvA.
02-16-2010, 03:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by REMORSELESS:
Wow, didn't notice this before, but both Amazon and GameStop have it listed as $60 for the PC version...WTF? This is ridiculous. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its not always down to the company that makes the game. I found this shop 2 net (http://www.shopto.net/PC/VIDEO%20GAMES/PCTO28-Tom%20Clancys%20Ghost%20Recon%204%20Future%20Soldi er.html) price which is £29.99 or ($47) within the first 3 links on a search engine.

There is always going to be inconsistencies with the price. Best just to keep looking until you find the best price possible.

Pest_AWC
02-17-2010, 09:18 AM
You are just kidding yourself if you think the PC version is going to be made seperately.

Most of these game engines support multiple platforms including PC so they will most likely have a nice polished console game and then edit features to create the PC version.

PC players like us have to realize that we are a small minority of their game sales and aren't going to get the same size dev team, so we are better off just hopeing for the best "port" we can get.

Sure, there are things they must do for us in this "port".

We have to have dedicated servers, mouse/keyboard support, lean, prone, and a map editor.

We need hardcore modes without respawns, health regen, auto-aim or 3rd person views.

An SDK would be really helpful too.

Without a demo or free beta period, I won't buy the game.

I am not trusting UBI to release a good PC game after the entire Vegas and Vegas 2 fiasco. For them to have released a Vegas 2 patch that gave hardcore fans what they wanted, only to have the patch not work after one round was completely moronic. For them to never fix that patch was inexcusable.

REMORSELESS
02-17-2010, 04:33 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02...a-good-idea-anymore/ (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/17/ubisoft-drm-doesnt-sound-like-such-a-good-idea-anymore/)

Yeah, this DRM that Ubi's pushing sounds like a terrible, terrible idea. Fail DRM is fail.

WhiteKnight77
02-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Have you seen the PC Gamer article about the preview of Assassin's Creed II?

REMORSELESS
02-17-2010, 07:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WhiteKnight77:
Have you seen the PC Gamer article about the preview of Assassin's Creed II? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not the article itself. Link? Heard about the crappiness of UPlay though.

WhiteKnight77
02-17-2010, 07:21 PM
Check out the General Discussion forums. I posted a link there and do not want to get hit for spamming the link in more than one forum.

REMORSELESS
02-17-2010, 07:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WhiteKnight77:
Check out the General Discussion forums. I posted a link there and do not want to get hit for spamming the link in more than one forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I found it after I posted. And, yeah, it's utter BS, especially for a SP only title. Yeah, I seriously doubt that I'll buy any Ubi title while this DRM policy is in place. Stupid idea and whomever came up with it should be flogged and then fired only after said flogging.

MiNeRvA.
02-18-2010, 02:59 AM
I posted a link there and do not want to get hit for spamming the link in more than one forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WK I think that you already know you are allowed to link to relevant threads in a discussion.

What you arent allowed to do is start several threads with the same content or with no content other than a link to the original thread as that would constitute spam.

Or to add your link to any thread whether relevant or not as that is also spam!

And as much as some people love the taste of it, it's still against the TOU http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

WhiteKnight77
02-18-2010, 04:40 AM
The problem is, I visit more than one forum here as I have multiple Ubi games totaling close to $600 with mulitples of some games and often, want to discuss the same subject in each one. I have games from R6, GR (I have 2 copies of GR), Splinter Cell (2 copies again), SH (2 copies of SHIII), LoMac and all versions of iL2. Someone please propose to me how I discuss something that can affect gamers of all these gamesor any combination without spamming something. If I post a thread in the General Discussions forum, how do I let it be known that a relevant thread is there for all to discuss without stating almost the same thing in each forum?

kleaneasy
02-18-2010, 06:21 AM
Lets not see this thread go off topic please WK. Please refer to the PT discussion, thanks

Back on topic

TaG_Belial
02-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Personally having just a tad of experience with Ghost Recon, I hope you learn the lessons of why GR1 was a success with Multi Player and the rest where in one way, or another a massive failure.

If you include these, you may well be in line for a great following, irrespective of superb graphics and game play:

1) Gimp. If you wound someone, make it effect the game play

2) Dedicated Severs, for Christ sake make sure we can have dedis and admins (donít to a MW2)
3) Replays. GR1ís best ever function was the ability for each player to save a replay and view each other players game play. Yes this gave away some game play tricks, but it also helped admins in a big way with cheaters.

4) Different Multiplayer options, Have a Strong Co-op, TDM and 1v1 options. Personally I am from the clan ladder area, but there is massive support from co-op games for this title.

5) MP Game creation forum. The original UBI lobby was inspirational, do it again, but better
6) Map, kit and weapon modding, if you want your game to stay out of the bargain bucket for well over 3 months, let the mad modders have the mod codes so they can do more work for you for free and keep the game fresh.
7) Anti Cheat. If you donít want your own, sell the game through steam and get cheaterís game id keys banned (you might sell the cheaters a few more games, if they cant play on the first one they got banned for). But donít take away the game adminís power to ban on their own server.

8) Peeking, for god sake, itís a skill every other game doesnít think about. Keep it.

9) No jumping. GR is not run and gun, itís a tactical 1 shot 1 full effect FPS, thatís why itís awesome, let some other game do run and gun.

Just my thoughtís, ignore them if you wish, however in my defence I will say that when GR1 was rocking I had over 35,000 active clan players who loved GR1 for the reasons I stated and why UBI after years and years, still have people today playing the same game on the ladder.

I will bet you anything that GR1 was youíre most profitable game out of the whole series.

Learn from it. Donít just make a profit. Make another legend!!

Please.

Regards

Belial

buzzcocks
02-20-2010, 11:25 AM
Agree with every single one of those points. I was hooked on GR1 from when I first played the demo, never took to GRAW, although I did play it with my old clan for a year or 2.

Used to play RVS for a few then the abominations that were Lockdown and Vegas, but stopped playing those after after a few weeks.

The CODs could have been ok but were ruined by perks and the health regen nonsense.

Everything about GR1 made it the perfect shooter, I hope they've stayed true to it.

Scar1509
02-26-2010, 07:24 AM

Dedicated servers and AC are a MUST out of the box, and I would also imagine that a majority of PC GR fans do not want an OTS view like on consoles, where the control scheme fits that view better than an FP view. I know I don't speak for everybody, but those are my main concerns on this title as a PC gamer. I do not need or want my hand held while playing a GR game. I'd prefer it if you didn't even try to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes That's wright!! Dedicate Server its a MUST HAVE for this new title!!

Another important thing is the internet Multiplayer connection.

In Ghost Recon ADF 2 it was horrible to connect to a server when you wants to play coop missions together!

If there would not be a dedicate server option I will not buy this game!!

baff6
02-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Just make it cheap.

Put it in at a price point that reflects how much a PC gamer will actually be willing to pay for it.

Port it. Sell it cheap.
No one complains about a game that cost a tenner.

BSR_RuGGBuTT
02-26-2010, 07:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by baff6:
Port it. Sell it cheap.
No one complains about a game that cost a tenner. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No buy if it's a port. And you are sadly mistaken with your statements.

buzzcocks
02-27-2010, 11:13 AM
I'd rather pay £40 for a game I enjoyed than £10 for one I didn't.

Lennart_970
03-19-2010, 09:57 AM
Well.. if its going to be transfered from console to PC I'm not sure if I'll buy it.

PC versions were specially designed at 1st (except for a few details which did made the game seem wierd at a few points). Now that its going to be the same for both consoles and pc it can only be very good or.. VERY bad. GRAW2 console version had very nice movements and looked very smooth. So if its going to be like that for the PC too I'll have no problem with it.

But they'll have to work on the graphics! PC's are better so lets use them right.

ghostjwm1962
03-19-2010, 08:02 PM
If they do a port it will not be worth playing. I own 8 copies of Left 4 Dead and 8 copies of Left 4 Dead 2 all played on pc's so my friends and I can do coop games. I really think that if you look at the l4d franchiese and even Borderlands it shows that PC gaming is alive and well. If they hold true to the original Ghostrecon series and make it more realistic and replayable then they will get me to buy multiple copies. If they do a Modern Warfare 2 type port I probably won't even buy the game.