PDA

View Full Version : 109's trims

PutchPT
04-24-2007, 03:51 PM
hello fellow pilots

i started to fly a campaign with "Bf-109-G2 (1942)" and the strange think is that when i try to trim my ailerons and rudders they don't work, only the elevators are "permitated" to trim...
the other aircrafts that i played i could trim the ailerons,rudders,and elevators...
is this a problem with the game (i think not), or it's because that "bf-109-G2 (1942)" only allows to trim the elevators???

thanks....good hunting

PutchPT
04-24-2007, 03:51 PM
hello fellow pilots

i started to fly a campaign with "Bf-109-G2 (1942)" and the strange think is that when i try to trim my ailerons and rudders they don't work, only the elevators are "permitated" to trim...
the other aircrafts that i played i could trim the ailerons,rudders,and elevators...
is this a problem with the game (i think not), or it's because that "bf-109-G2 (1942)" only allows to trim the elevators???

thanks....good hunting

stathem
04-24-2007, 03:53 PM
No, it reflects the true case of the Bf109, which only had elevator trim.

XyZspineZyX
04-24-2007, 03:58 PM
Nothing wrong with the trims

This is a simulated refelction of the actual types of trims used on the plane

You are assuming that all planes have pilot-adjustable trim in all three axes. This is a mistake

One thing that new players sometimes overlook is that you cannot just compare one real aircraft's systems to another's and assume that the lack of a system on one is an indication of an error in the sim

if you were to read up on the 109's trims, you would find that some asre set on teh ground by the crew, and the plane is trimmed purposefully like that for a reason

In any case, there is no error in the sim on this point. Errors do exist, but don;t worry, you aren't getting a bug in this case, it's just how things were

By the way, other common "issues"

The gunsight isn't working improperly. Press shift+F1

The I-16n and the F4F have manually actib=vated landing gear, no automatic systems

Some planes will experience fuel starvation in negativeG dives, either from carburetor design, or fuel pump issues

Happy flying http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jannaspookie
04-24-2007, 04:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stathem:
No, it reflects the true case of the Bf109, which only had elevator trim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually there were trim tabs on all the control surfaces; only the ones on the elevators were adjustable in flight.

horseback
04-24-2007, 04:45 PM
That's what we need! The ability to adjust those trim tabs before takeoff...
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

cheers

horseback

stathem
04-25-2007, 03:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jannaspookie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stathem:
No, it reflects the true case of the Bf109, which only had elevator trim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually there were trim tabs on all the control surfaces; only the ones on the elevators were adjustable in flight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, just after I posted that last night I thought about editing it to say 'pilot-adjustable' but it was late, I was tired, and I thought it was really 'kin obvious from the context of the OP that 'pilot-adjustable' was what was meant.

EDIT sorry 'pilot adjustable in flight'

Kurfurst__
04-25-2007, 05:25 AM
It's also the same case on the FW 190 - for the same reason, German specifications at the time only called for trimmable pitch on all planes with less than 5 tons takeoff weight. It's a German pecularity, like that in real life both aircraft had adjustable tailplanes, rather than simple trim tabs on the control surface.

I think both of these aircraft solved the problem by other means, the 109 for example had a profiled (assymetric when viewed from above) tail, acting as a sort of wing, counteracting the torque forces, plus the mentioned fixed trim tabs. The Yakovlev series had for example, assymetric wing size for the same reason.

Quite a few other planes lack this or that trim as well, typically aileron or rarer, rudder trim.

raaaid
04-25-2007, 05:31 AM
the trim on 109 is such that only at the best fuel comsumption speed the plane is accurately trim

in other words you trim the plane with the throttle

Blood_Splat
04-25-2007, 07:14 AM
Set the throttle to around 40%.