PDA

View Full Version : why 90% of times im about to shoot game freezes

raaaid
12-03-2005, 04:23 AM
is it because people is cheating with print screen?

if so why is still allowed online?

raaaid
12-03-2005, 04:23 AM

if so why is still allowed online?

TooCooL34
12-03-2005, 04:54 AM
I don't have it but it must be 'raaaid conspiracy theory'. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Seriously, upgrade your pc or change ISP.

Freelancer-1
12-03-2005, 05:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by raaaid:
is it because people is cheating with print screen? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Tully__
12-03-2005, 06:32 AM
Usually no. If it's happening that much it's most likely your PC needs a tune up, clean up or both.

VW-IceFire
12-03-2005, 07:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by raaaid:

if so why is still allowed online? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
90% of the pauses are caused by your own system. Infact a print screen cheater will not pause your system...you'll see them lag and then drift over to a new position (lag can also do this and does it randomly so its not always a print screener).

You need to work on drivers and optimizing your OS. Static page files...Google it!

Chuck_Older
12-03-2005, 09:12 AM
When I'm trying to take a really nice screen shot, and I turn all the graphics up to max, and edit my config to support all the bells and whistles, about 99% of the time, every time I even think about pulling the trigger, the game hiccups, badly

I don't know why players insist of playing on settings that are way beyond their PC's capabilities but they do. There are several settings in this sim that are not meant to be turned on unless you have the best hardware. A few even are experimental settings that at least when released, relly didn't have any support by existing hardware

The sim is native to 1024x 768 for starters. people don;t want to hear it, but check the game menu screens at 1024x768, then at your highest setting. I gaurantee that at 1024x768, the buttons and switches look better

The sim engine is old, so folks seem to think that their pretty new PC can run full everything. It's just not necessarily so. Turn down your ground lighting, your resolution, and your color depth. Edit your config to show low res trees. get rid of shadow under explosions in the config, too. try flat landscape lighting too

VVaFFenPanZZeR
12-03-2005, 09:18 AM
I have all my settings a full high, and I don't have a problem at all.

WOLFMondo
12-03-2005, 09:21 AM
raid, upgrade or tune your PC. Its 100% down to that. I don't get any online freezes anymore after getting a much better PCie GFX card, a couple of GB of ram and a faster CPU.

I also keep my game system in very neat order.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
The sim is native to 1024x 768 for starters. people don;t want to hear it, but check the game menu screens at 1024x768, then at your highest setting. I gaurantee that at 1024x768, the buttons and switches look better </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks hellava lot nicer in 1280x1024.

Chuck_Older
12-03-2005, 10:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WOLFMondo:
raid, upgrade or tune your PC. Its 100% down to that. I don't get any online freezes anymore after getting a much better PCie GFX card, a couple of GB of ram and a faster CPU.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
The sim is native to 1024x 768 for starters. people don;t want to hear it, but check the game menu screens at 1024x768, then at your highest setting. I gaurantee that at 1024x768, the buttons and switches look better </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks hellava lot nicer in 1280x1024. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game menu pages? Not on my screen...

polak5
12-03-2005, 02:20 PM
why cant we just do away with the printscreen altogether, server choice...

LW_lcarp
12-03-2005, 03:20 PM
Dunno about the clean up system blah blah thing as ive done formats after formats and such and still 35 % ofthe time run into a certain craft that will cause lag and stutters when firing at them. Probably 95% of the time its when im behind a russuian plane

Hoarmurath
12-03-2005, 03:37 PM
What sound setting are you using?

I noticed that, when you have sound hardware acceleration on, some sounds freeze the game when played for the first time. This include gun sounds.

polak5
12-04-2005, 12:29 AM
this will help get rid of the first stuter that im assuming u have.
After each load of a map, including the first shot ur guns, simply tap ur mg. that will eliminate the static u get when first firing. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Tully__
12-04-2005, 01:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LW_lcarp:
Dunno about the clean up system blah blah thing as ive done formats after formats and such and still 35 % ofthe time run into a certain craft that will cause lag and stutters when firing at them. Probably 95% of the time its when im behind a russuian plane </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
A format and system re-install is not sufficient for a clean and efficient system. It is also desirable to:

- Ensure the latest drivers are installed for chipset (m/board), vid card, sound card and other devices.
- Turn off unecessary animation effects, remove desktop wallpaper, turn off Windows sound effects.
- Shutdown unecessary services (permanently removing from startup those not ever used on your system)
- Optimise memory and disc management settings
- Regularly defrag disc drives
- Optimise game settings to match system performance
- Optimise system settings to match installed hardware capabilities
- Regularly check that un-needed extras haven't made themselves at home in your operating system or startup lists.

x6BL_Brando
12-04-2005, 03:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A format and system re-install is not sufficient for a clean and efficient system. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said, Tully!! You've hit the nail right on the head!

It doesn't take state of the art hardware to run this sim smoothly, but it does take some care & attention to settings to get it running that way.

Kuna15
12-04-2005, 09:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Freelancer-1:
is it because people is cheating with print screen? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Free is right.
Thing is that there are cheaters. And it is not so hard to tell when they cheat, cause if he does it once he will repeat that behaviour not only to us but to other players as well.

WOLFMondo
12-04-2005, 01:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WOLFMondo:

Looks hellava lot nicer in 1280x1024. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game menu pages? Not on my screen... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My tft is native to that res so every thing looks odd if its not displayed at that. Looks much nicer than 1024x768 on my old CRT.

raaaid
12-04-2005, 01:18 PM
i reduced my setting to the minimum no sound

and still happens

i dont know why people wouldnt do it if they could since even the server invites you to by implying it causes lag and can be used as a cheat so "dont" use it when i see people all time shooting wingless aircraft, 10 on 1, parashoot shooting and so on all the time

so why hasnt the print screen feature been blocked online yet if even the server say it causes lag?

Tully__
12-04-2005, 10:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">so why hasnt the print screen feature been blocked online yet if even the server say it causes lag? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because even if the "in game" printscreen feature is blocked, there are 3rd party tools that the game cannot control.

The game already prevents the in game screenshot feature from working more than 6 times a minute (once every 10 seconds) but it can't prevent people using other means to make their aircraft lag.

In any event, it will not make your system pause. Printscreen will only cause their aircraft to do a little jiggle, the rest of the game, aircraft and scenery will proceed as normal. What you're describing raaaid isn't the printscreen cheat.

Sturm_Williger
12-05-2005, 05:12 AM
Raaid, the symptom you describe used to happen to me when I was still running with less than 1Mb of RAM. If you have less, upgrade, if you have 1Mb or more, test to make sure that all of it is still working fine.

If none of the above help, then your have a different problem, sorry, can't help much there.

Cheers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dazza9806482
12-05-2005, 09:34 AM
I found that changing my sound setup from 44000kh (or something) to 21000kh made a huge difference.....

kalaluth
12-05-2005, 09:47 AM
Before any fight, make a (very) short gun trial. It's historical! Doing this will load in your computer memory the necessary display elements for shooting and the freeze will disapear. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif