PDA

View Full Version : Most important for an Assassin?

ReaverKS
06-23-2007, 03:22 AM
I did a quick search and found no previous threads with this title or anything close to it. Excuse me if it's been done before.

Disclaimer: Without looking up the actual definition of any of these terms, I'll give a rough definition of what they mean to me and their significance.

These are in no particular order,

1)Agility - Agility, similar to dexterity, is more or less the ability to be agile. To move around, maybe not necessarily quickly, but with great ease, and with fluidity in your motion. Making perfect jumps, being able to land from higher falls, better dodges, and stopping just short of that ledge that would have otherwise left you falling to your death.

2)Concealment - Concealment reminds me of art; constantly adaptive, forces interesting perspectives for one to ponder, and difficult to master. For an Assassin, concealment might mean the ability to appear as just another Monk, among other Monk's with no time to spare. It might also refer to the ability to recognize what is a good place to conceal oneself. Is that shadow going to prohibit my captors from seeing that I'm behind this hay stack? No --even better, does the 60 degree angle of the sun blind them if I approach from this direction?

3) Strength - This category need little explanation; Strength can be both a blessing and a burden. Too much can leave you bulky and slow. Too little and you lack the ability to swing your sword into the jugular of your oh so short lived foe. But let's think about this deeper. An agile person may be able to climb with greater precision and accuracy than someone with great strength; but they may be more easily tired, possibly prohibiting how high they can truly climb. A strong Assassin with less agility may indeed still be able to climb structures, but fall with greater certainty.

Although this is an incomplete list, I believe it's enough for people to make a decision. If you were faced with the choice that you had to choose one of these three categories, which would you pick. Rather than answer why you picked it, make things more interesting and respond with how you would take down your targets with your ability. Obviously if you chose Agility as your main fortitude you wouldn't want to charge in with a sword and start swinging. For the sake of this discussion, regardless of which you chose, we'll say you received not too much and not too little of it. Therefore if you chose strength you wouldn't be bulky and terribly slow, though someone that chose agility would be faster, just weaker.

ReaverKS
06-23-2007, 03:22 AM
I did a quick search and found no previous threads with this title or anything close to it. Excuse me if it's been done before.

Disclaimer: Without looking up the actual definition of any of these terms, I'll give a rough definition of what they mean to me and their significance.

These are in no particular order,

1)Agility - Agility, similar to dexterity, is more or less the ability to be agile. To move around, maybe not necessarily quickly, but with great ease, and with fluidity in your motion. Making perfect jumps, being able to land from higher falls, better dodges, and stopping just short of that ledge that would have otherwise left you falling to your death.

2)Concealment - Concealment reminds me of art; constantly adaptive, forces interesting perspectives for one to ponder, and difficult to master. For an Assassin, concealment might mean the ability to appear as just another Monk, among other Monk's with no time to spare. It might also refer to the ability to recognize what is a good place to conceal oneself. Is that shadow going to prohibit my captors from seeing that I'm behind this hay stack? No --even better, does the 60 degree angle of the sun blind them if I approach from this direction?

3) Strength - This category need little explanation; Strength can be both a blessing and a burden. Too much can leave you bulky and slow. Too little and you lack the ability to swing your sword into the jugular of your oh so short lived foe. But let's think about this deeper. An agile person may be able to climb with greater precision and accuracy than someone with great strength; but they may be more easily tired, possibly prohibiting how high they can truly climb. A strong Assassin with less agility may indeed still be able to climb structures, but fall with greater certainty.

Although this is an incomplete list, I believe it's enough for people to make a decision. If you were faced with the choice that you had to choose one of these three categories, which would you pick. Rather than answer why you picked it, make things more interesting and respond with how you would take down your targets with your ability. Obviously if you chose Agility as your main fortitude you wouldn't want to charge in with a sword and start swinging. For the sake of this discussion, regardless of which you chose, we'll say you received not too much and not too little of it. Therefore if you chose strength you wouldn't be bulky and terribly slow, though someone that chose agility would be faster, just weaker.

noobfun
06-23-2007, 04:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ReaverKS:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sounds like your making a role play game

strength can be split between short term brute strength, and athletic long term strength the human body is made up of both types of muscle

the types of people considered graceful or agile are generally high in the atheltic long term muscle, gymnasts, dancers, martial artists this is the same type of muscle used by distance runners and rock climbers anything where sustained exertion is required

brute strength or short term strength are more for short term explosive energy weight lifters sprinters wrestlers body builders anything where short term exertion is required

*obviously theres some cross over on some of the examples

so being physically strong wont mean you can climb longer becasue the weight of your muscle mass will weaken you quickly, and bieng agility strong wont mean your to weak to use a sword

so what was this post for again?

ReaverKS
06-24-2007, 01:00 AM
Well it was actually sort of like a "What would you do to accomplish your task if you were particularly more capable in this area but less capable in that area" thread, but it was merely hypothetical. Since you completely missed that concept, I guess it now serves to show how you missed the point, hehe =)

moqqy
06-24-2007, 08:06 AM
none of those needed to do an assassination so for a simple kill, strength

Boromir323
06-24-2007, 10:28 AM
I would have to go with agility. I would attempt to get above my target and drop down on top of him, stabbing him in the neck when I landed. Then I would jump to my feet and run like hell for the nearest exit, maybe to a little parkour while I'm at ithttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

noobfun
06-25-2007, 03:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boromir323:
I would have to go with agility. I would attempt to get above my target and drop down on top of him, stabbing him in the neck when I landed. Then I would jump to my feet and run like hell for the nearest exit, maybe to a little parkour while I'm at ithttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

none id go to chruch/mosque and stab em as they walked out in crowd

what can i say im a traditionalist

ThePheonix1030
06-25-2007, 07:35 AM
Concealment would be interesting and genious.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ReaverKS:
does the 60 degree angle of the sun blind them if I approach from this direction? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly the action that I would take...http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sport/sport-smiley-002.gif

noobfun
06-26-2007, 04:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThePheonix1030:
Concealment would be interesting and genious.

does the 60 degree angle of the sun blind them if I approach from this direction? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly the action that I would take...http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sport/sport-smiley-002.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

youd jump from your position perfectly concealed against the wall to punch him in the ear?