PDA

View Full Version : Oleg

Archangel2980
06-03-2005, 09:47 PM
How about in BoB we have the ability to do a engine start up by following the proper steps to fire up the engine/engines.

Archangel2980
06-03-2005, 09:47 PM
How about in BoB we have the ability to do a engine start up by following the proper steps to fire up the engine/engines.

Snuffly
06-03-2005, 10:01 PM
hmmm sounds like a little of rowans battle of britain.

I dunno i love the realism...

Got my vote, a prty good idea, it will probably be a realism option though, and just a few more controls, for magnetos, battery switch... blah blah blah

VW-IceFire
06-03-2005, 10:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Archangel2980:
How about in BoB we have the ability to do a engine start up by following the proper steps to fire up the engine/engines. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We've been told that a pre-flight startup for something like a Mustang would be 40 minutes prior to starting the engine.

No doubt much of that is groundcrew work...but I guess there has to be a balance. Some of its just unecessary to most people...but I understand the interest.

WWMaxGunz
06-04-2005, 05:18 AM
That's if you run through ALL the checks once the engine is going. Magnetos, compression,
RPM, etc.

Check history or manuals, they could get the planes off the ground on pretty short notice
with good confidence if they had been checked not too long before and since the last flight.
Pretty sure that the ground crews did what was needed to keep them warmed in cold weather.
During BoB there was a one or two minute (can't remember which) screamble target time.

heywooood
06-04-2005, 10:49 AM
I'm willing to assume that the ground crew has run the engine up prior to my flight and that it has checked out fine - the armourors have checked and loaded the guns and other selected ordinance and that I can now jump in it - start it up using all of the switches and knobs myself - and taxi from the dispersal or apron to the runway myself...that is not too much to ask.

Starting on the runway is fine as an option for rookie simmers or those less inclined to take the time - but I would like the whole enchilada personally...