PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Revelations up for pre-order on Steam

ElleCore
10-17-2011, 04:11 PM
If you didn't know ACR is now available for Pre-order on Steam.

But, the pre-order bonus this time around is only the Ottoman Doctor.
I'm highly disappointed. I wanted to buy an edition that has all bonus content like the Animus edition on the consoles, like the Digital Deluxe edition of Brotherhood.
I don't want just one multiplayer character which is also taken from Brotherhood and put into Revelations with just a re-texture.

Come on, Ubisoft! Make a true Digital Deluxe edition for Revelations on Steam!
Don't disappoint us Steam gamers.
I don't care if you charge more for it, even in pre-order form, I just want to have all the content I can get from this game.

Please, Ubisoft. I most likely won't be able to get this content from another place, since the shops that sell video games around here are fail, and I'm not sure if I can pre-order from Ubishop or Gamestop.

ElleCore
10-17-2011, 04:11 PM
If you didn't know ACR is now available for Pre-order on Steam.

But, the pre-order bonus this time around is only the Ottoman Doctor.
I'm highly disappointed. I wanted to buy an edition that has all bonus content like the Animus edition on the consoles, like the Digital Deluxe edition of Brotherhood.
I don't want just one multiplayer character which is also taken from Brotherhood and put into Revelations with just a re-texture.

Come on, Ubisoft! Make a true Digital Deluxe edition for Revelations on Steam!
Don't disappoint us Steam gamers.
I don't care if you charge more for it, even in pre-order form, I just want to have all the content I can get from this game.

Please, Ubisoft. I most likely won't be able to get this content from another place, since the shops that sell video games around here are fail, and I'm not sure if I can pre-order from Ubishop or Gamestop.

cbapiaz
10-17-2011, 04:42 PM
i agree with you there ElleCore, PC-Gamers deserve a little more respect, and the bonus they give for pre-order is ridiculous, i'm not thinking of preorder it and knowing this the less. i'm gonna wait for the release and buy it then. But seriously.... this is a shame they way we are being treated...

Jexx21
10-17-2011, 06:18 PM
Seriously? No Digital Deluxe edition on Steam yet?

I am disappoint.

EDIT:

On a side note, I believe you can get the Crusader just by playing one of the Altiar Missions in the game. :/

rato7
10-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Yeah, just saw that on steam and then did some research on the bonuses gamestop is giving for pre ordering as i always do to make sure i am not fooled. I bought all of the Assassin's Creed series on Steam so far (Deluxe Editions) and i just love those games, but i wont hesitate not to buy the game just because of that. So i think Ubisoft should make some changes on the pre order bonuses for the digital version. And, by the way, i am not from NA, so i really dont have much options as far as buying games is concerned.

corenth18
10-17-2011, 08:06 PM
i agree. this is a fail for ubisoft. the last time they released a game for AC, which was ACB, they had the special deluxe edition up for pre-order the day they put it on there, AND it came with, bonus maps, bonus characters, and a set of epic armor. so i ask you ubisoft. what the heck are you doin throwin us 1 single little MP character in the pre-order specialty? give us the same amount you gave to us for the deluxe edition of ACB. i thank you for what you've done with these games in the past and i hope you'll keep supplying epic games in the future.

Frohlemageblanc
10-18-2011, 08:21 AM
I hope they'll react fast.

Mr_Shade
10-18-2011, 09:22 AM
Please check the pinned threads for information on the different editions.

The current "digital exclusive edition" which does contain some extra bonus content, is only available from GameStop network and the ubishop.

There are no plans at present to release this version on different digital distributors.

stevie-jay
10-18-2011, 09:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:

The current "digital exclusive edition" which does contain some extra bonus content, is only available from GameStop network and the ubishop.

There are no plans at present to release this version on different digital distributors. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course it won't be on Steam, you're telling me stuff I already know.
Ubisoft is really behaving like a this time around with their versions of the game.
It WORKED TWO TIMES BEFORE, WHY THE SUDDEN NEED TO CHANGE, UNLESS YOU'RE JUST BEING GREEDY?
And then they wonder how it comes that people turn to piracy... lol.

That this company still has fans, is beyond me.
They their fans on CoJ... and now they are doing the same with AC, and they'll do it with any and all games coming out, mark my words.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

rato7
10-18-2011, 01:07 PM
That's what i dont get. It's not only Ubisoft's doing. A lot of companies are doing exclusive pre order bonuses for some shops and making people mad about it like the packs on Deus Ex HR, or releases an unfinished game and then throws tons of dlcs like EA do with most of their games. And they still have the guts to complain about piracy. I mean, really, how do companies plan on combating piracing by making people who dont practice piracing mad about them? It isn't working at all, and sometimes i am forced to not purchase a game because i know there will be tons of stuff later that will be charged so i figure i am better off waiting for and Ultimate Edition or something like that. Thank god this isn't what Ubisoft do. They don't release a billion dlcs. I have to give that to them. But on the other hand i would really appreciate a pre order digital deluxe edition for us customers instead of having to pay extra for the content or having to wait to buy a deluxe edition later on.

Ieroglif
10-18-2011, 01:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevie-jay:

It WORKED TWO TIMES BEFORE, WHY THE SUDDEN NEED TO CHANGE, UNLESS YOU'RE JUST BEING GREEDY?
And then they wonder how it comes that people turn to piracy... lol.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Their special version on steam is Assassin's Greed.

stevie-jay
10-18-2011, 01:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ieroglif:

Their special version on steam is Assassin's Greed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Least it would be aptly named then, lol.

ElleCore
10-18-2011, 02:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:

There are no plans at present to release this version on different digital distributors. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did say at the end of my post I'd prefer to pre-order from Steam, not from Gamestop or Ubishop.

And yes I checked the thread about editions before posting this.

EDIT: Well I guess I won't have another option but to get it from Ubishop if it's not added to Steam aswell. But I'll keep watching Steam to see if Ubisoft change their mind. Hopefully they will.

corenth18
10-18-2011, 03:20 PM
actually, the ubishop and steam versions of the game, are the same. they're both the regular game with the bonus MP character, thats all. getting it from either site wont make a difference at all. but if what you say is true, then i guess we'll all have to just pre-order what they're giving out through steam, even though it's fail in comparison to AC2 and ACB.

ace3001
10-18-2011, 06:22 PM
I'm not the biggest fan of the way Ubisoft's handling PC versions, but this time they're at least not delaying the game by a few months. Steam pre orders for most games usually pop up like 6 weeks before release, so the beginning of December date will most probably be true. ACB's pre orders (Steam) didn't come up until they announced the March release date, as I can recall.

corenth18
10-18-2011, 09:48 PM
ok this is messed up. buying ACR signature edition from gamestop, would be like buying off of steam except it's a completely different program that works exactly the same. thats cruddy stupid. why not give steam the signature edition aswell? it's the SAME THING just different design and different name, other than that, it's like they're twin programs. it's fail. ubisoft, please just give the signature edition to steam if this is gonna happen otherwise it's just bogus.

ElleCore
10-19-2011, 05:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by corenth18:
actually, the ubishop and steam versions of the game, are the same. they're both the regular game with the bonus MP character, thats all. getting it from either site wont make a difference at all. but if what you say is true, then i guess we'll all have to just pre-order what they're giving out through steam, even though it's fail in comparison to AC2 and ACB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're talking about the Deluxe Exclusive edition here not being on Steam, not the standard edition.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
I'm not the biggest fan of the way Ubisoft's handling PC versions, but this time they're at least not delaying the game by a few months. Steam pre orders for most games usually pop up like 6 weeks before release, so the beginning of December date will most probably be true. ACB's pre orders (Steam) didn't come up until they announced the March release date, as I can recall. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong thread, this discussion is not about the game's delay.

Jexx21
10-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Ah..

I love the smell of pirates. Honestly it's because of all these PC gamers saying that they're gonna pirate is why they do this crap.

cbapiaz
10-19-2011, 02:51 PM
still i'm not gonna pre-order gonna get it from steam when it comes out in december (let's hope the release date remains)

Jexx21
10-19-2011, 09:52 PM
actually the official release date is November 29th I think..

for PC anyway.

Anyway, even if Steam doesn't get a deluxe edition we'll still be able to get the stuff in a DLC later on.

Unless you're specifically gunning for the digital artbook.

PaiSand
10-20-2011, 05:04 PM
I can't buy it on StopGames, and I prefer to have all my games within Steam.
So, what UBI is going to do?

Like I said, I can't buy it on StopGames, so I pre-ordered it (yes, I did it) on Steam. It would be nice to see the extra content in there too, specially the map, I don't care about the MP characters.

FYI, on StopGames say that I can't buy it since I'm from Argentina. For me that is a 1 time error I'll never forgive. With Steam I had never this problem, and UBI should work with people that can work anywhere (you know, Steam).

Jexx21
10-20-2011, 05:29 PM
<STRIKE>StopGames</STRIKE>
GameStop

And I agree.

Mrmanek
10-22-2011, 03:11 AM
Support, I want Deluxe version on steam too(Already pre-purchased.)
Rly hate you for this ubisoft.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 07:44 AM
Hate isn't a good thing, and the extra stuff isn't really worth that much anyway. It'll just be sold as DLC down the road.

lockerxzx
10-22-2011, 04:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Please check the pinned threads for information on the different editions.

Tell me how can I get Digital Exclusive edition in the US. I checked both gamestop and ubishop and I couldn't find it.

JkBH
10-23-2011, 08:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lockerxzx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Please check the pinned threads for information on the different editions.

Tell me how can I get Digital Exclusive edition in the US. I checked both gamestop and ubishop and I couldn't find it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how come lol !!! i just came from both gamestop and ubishop and found both has delux digital edition for me i will buy it from gamestop because of currency exchange which will cost more just buy it from GAMESTOP.com there is a digital edition in there and i'm sure any body can buy the digital edition and there is bounes added with same price

here is the deal

Bonus!

More details

Bonus Items
ĽA Bonus Singleplayer Gameplay MissionVlad the Impaler
ĽAn Exclusive Multiplayer Character
Ľ3 Weapon Capacity Upgrades
ĽAn Animated Short Film

Pre-order Assassins Creed Revelations with GameStop and receive a a free upgrade to the Signature Edition!

Signature Edition Contents
ĽA Bonus Singleplayer Gameplay Mission
ĽAn Exclusive Multiplayer Character
Ľ3 Weapon Capacity Upgrades
ĽAn Animated Short Film
ĽThe "Assassin's Creed Revelations" Original Game Score Soundtrack
Online Customers: Content will be packaged in with your game.
Digital Download Customers: A code with instructions to download your bonus content will be sent to you when the game is released.
Store/In-Store Pickup Customers: Content will be packaged in with your game

DVAC
10-24-2011, 04:35 AM
So about the Digital Deluxe Edition being "exlusive" to Gamestop and Ubishop, how can this site
http://uk.gamesplanet.com
have it aswell?
(Couldn't get te URL link thing working)

TheLeoCrow
10-25-2011, 05:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DVAC:
So about the Digital Deluxe Edition being "exlusive" to Gamestop and Ubishop, how can this site
have it aswell?
(Couldn't get te URL link thing working) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hm. That's strange. And according to WOT (web of trust) firefox addon, this site is reliable and legit. If more people can verify this site, i will probably get it from them, it has both the vlad mission and the doctor that I want

Edit: Despite their good WOT scorecard, online reviews don't make me feel comfortable buying from this site. I guess I'll stick with ubishop's digital exclusive edition
Edit2: Couldn't help but notice that the poster who mentioned this site has only made two posts and both were about that site...

Faneko
10-25-2011, 10:28 AM
I'm new playing AC in Steam, and I just bought ACR in pre-order. I wonder if the achievements and statistics will be available on my ubisoft profile? Thanks

Windrius
10-25-2011, 12:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DVAC:
have it aswell?
(Couldn't get te URL link thing working) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, good thing I didn't pre-order yet. I am so buying AC:R from this web! Deluxe edition + doctor + altair skin. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Most I can get. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

corenth18
10-25-2011, 02:00 PM
buying from gamesplanet.com seems to be from another country. i live in the US, so would there be a difference between buying the deluxe edition from gamestop or from gamesplanet? or would it be just the same?

iN3krO
10-26-2011, 07:49 AM

Why? STEAM is the best digital distributor! OMFG, ubisoft laughing at us and we let them do it.

Stop trolling PC gamers -.-'' This IS SPARTA!

hao.hfeng
10-26-2011, 09:16 AM
STEAM DIGITAL DELUXE PLEASE UBISOFT!!!

Konzti
10-27-2011, 08:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hao.hfeng:
STEAM DIGITAL DELUXE PLEASE UBISOFT!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What he said...

Frohlemageblanc
10-27-2011, 09:10 AM
Yes please, I really don't like Gamestop

andrius_2012
10-31-2011, 01:43 PM
This game should have digital deluxe edition on Steam, if not, a lot of people won't buy the game.

reason? we have all the AC games with good editions in our Steam library, and don't want a new one at the same price with a **** of content.

it isn't difficult to give us the same content you give with other digital editions! so please be good with your fans and bring to the Steam users the content!

exile550
10-31-2011, 02:30 PM
Please put the digital deluxe edition on steam. Thank you Ubisoft for understanding how the PC market works.

Time2Killing07
11-01-2011, 01:10 PM
Pre-order done.

When can we play i heard they change the release date for PC.

This is actually bad ubisoft why u hate PC GAMERS?

i need good reason for that, dont tell me it's about hackers

everysingle company get hacked all time it's doesn't matter

and console too get hacked

so Give us the game in 15 november or this the last time i buy from ur company....

Jexx21
11-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Quite frankly, that was an overreaction.

A delay could mean that they are adding some extra stuff to the game. I don't think that they hate PC gamers.

crunchipop
11-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Well, i am very dissapointed with this, really i no see the reason for this option in Ubisoft, i was wait the deluxe edition in steam and bad surprise, i cannot way for buy this in gamestop or another shop.

Ubisoft staff if u see this post think about the players in steam... we are players buying u games. look BUYING, trusting in u work. But the answer ???

ElleCore
11-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Glad to see more people feel the same about the Steam edition.

Well, I myself will wait until the end of November, if they don't add the Digital Exclusive to Steam I'll have to preorder from Ubishop...

Jexx21
11-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Someone here added me on Steam.

Anyway, I'm buying ACR on Steam regardless of whether or not it has a deluxe edition, just because I have all the others on Steam, and I prefer to get games in the same series on the same platform.

'sides, I'm fairly sure that we'll get all the pre-order stuff as DLC.

Konzti
11-03-2011, 09:36 AM
I agree with you Jexx, but a Digital Deluxe version via Valve still would have been kind of cool for Steam-based PC gamers...

Greetings, Konzti

ElleCore
11-03-2011, 04:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
'sides, I'm fairly sure that we'll get all the pre-order stuff as DLC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, the problem is some people don't want to wait more time for that stuff to come as a DLC, including me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Jexx21
11-03-2011, 05:00 PM
It's not like the stuff is actually worth much though. What, some extra skins and something equivalent to a lair of romulus? I'm not getting worked up over it.

ElleCore
11-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Well I really want the Vlad the Impaler mission, and his sword since I'm a fan of him xD
(I'm romanian too)

Jexx21
11-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Ah, that makes sense.

ezzio_
11-06-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm not buying this game unless I can get the Deluxe edition from Steam. I've bought all the previous AC games from steam without even caring about the price as long as I knew I was getting complete, or close to complete, content (as was the case with the Deluxe Editions). But now I can't buy the game from whom I want to buy it from? I won't even think for two seconds not to buy that crappy limited edition even though I consider myself a loyal fan of the series. How is it that Ubisoft will just turn its back to some of their loyal clients even though these clients have no problem with having to pay the higher extra prices? I just don't understand. On the bright side of things, I guess I will be saving my $60 bucks...

Nintynuts
11-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Anyone who has an opinion on this situation with AC:R on steam should add to the poll/petition here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5031067519/m/3791013959) if you haven't already. Maybe we can change their minds, especially as we're getting it late now too!

crunchipop
11-17-2011, 09:48 AM
This is really sad Ubisoft not listen to customers, but anyway, i have to preorder in steam and may be ubisoft learn to listen and apply update to deluxe edition or anyway =S

rato7
11-19-2011, 08:38 AM
It's kinda funny actually. Now i see why they are and will continue doing this. And that's because you guys won't do **** about it. You are complaining on this thread like i am. That's OK, but what you're saying is that. Oh, Ubisoft is being greedy not putting the content on steam, but we will get it from a DLC later on (more money) or saying Oh, i will buy it anyway and hope for an upgrade. Wtf?! Really?! Now that's so convincing for Ubisoft. So traslanting what all of you said. "Ubisoft is screwing us, but we are buying the game anyways."

I am not buying this game until they put a full version of the game for the same price on steam and that's what all of you that are complaining should do. Not BUYING IT ANYWAYS.

derfy2
11-19-2011, 01:30 PM
I do not care about the extra content or characters. I just care about the most addicting multiplayer game in the known universe.