PDA

View Full Version : sky box bug

Adam906
03-28-2006, 05:51 PM
I've noticed that my sky box doesn't seem to stay at the same intensity. Some times it flicks between dark blue used for ultra high altitude or late evening but then will flick to the light blue of early day/mid-day/low altitude. Sometimes it oes it once, sometimes it flicks back and forth repeatedly all during the same mission.

Sometimes, also, I get a white wall effect in part of the hemisphere. Say I can look 12, 3, and 9 okay but the sky/wall from 5 - 8 oclock there is this white wall with no sky colouring.

It happens all around the spectrum.

Is it anything I am doing wrong or is it a bug?

thanks guys for any response (and please keep in mind i'm computer illiterate)

Adam906
03-28-2006, 05:51 PM
I've noticed that my sky box doesn't seem to stay at the same intensity. Some times it flicks between dark blue used for ultra high altitude or late evening but then will flick to the light blue of early day/mid-day/low altitude. Sometimes it oes it once, sometimes it flicks back and forth repeatedly all during the same mission.

Sometimes, also, I get a white wall effect in part of the hemisphere. Say I can look 12, 3, and 9 okay but the sky/wall from 5 - 8 oclock there is this white wall with no sky colouring.

It happens all around the spectrum.

Is it anything I am doing wrong or is it a bug?

thanks guys for any response (and please keep in mind i'm computer illiterate)

LEXX_Luthor
03-28-2006, 11:41 PM
hey I'll bump this one.

I don't know, and have not seen anything like you are seeing (the white). There was a "black sky" issue related to some aircraft, I saw it flying -262 when I flew off the map edge and looked back.

Now, when I look at external view of a high altitude plane, and switch to low altitude plane, the grafix takes a few seconds to change blue colours (and reverse for switching to high plane from low plane). But are you saying this happens normally when you stay inside your cockpit? Tell more.

You may have to post your computer stuff.

Adam906
03-29-2006, 07:46 PM
The white wall problem doesn't happen all the time and doesn't seem to happen with all aircraft. I've never noticed it in the He 111 but I've had it in the Ju 87 and 88. I've had it with the Mossie but only once with the Spit. Get with the Hurri all the time. Same for the I-16, while the 109 and 190 seem to be about similar in their frequency - maybe one time in ten.

The sky changing colour from deep to light blue and back again usually only happens when the times is early morning or I'm flying from 5000 metres up.

It's all very random...