PDA

View Full Version : Waitzkin Tutorial Content..what's it like

mjrobertson74
11-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Could someone who has CM11 please post an overview and some thoughts about the Waitzkin tutorials? I already have CM10 and am quite undecided about whether to buy 11. Any info would help me decide.

Thanks.

mjrobertson74
11-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Could someone who has CM11 please post an overview and some thoughts about the Waitzkin tutorials? I already have CM10 and am quite undecided about whether to buy 11. Any info would help me decide.

Thanks.

SSBN617
11-20-2007, 01:42 PM
The tutorials include all of the CM10 content with an additional section called the art of learning. The art of learning section is the largest of all of them with 7 sections with each having 2 or 3 subsections. The Art of learning has good content but it's obvious that this part of the program was written overseas in india or somewhere. The breaks between pages of annotation and audio are often half way through en a sentence or paragraph which can be very anoying. It's obvious that the programmer just took the information and put the breaks in randomly because they didn't understand the language.

diskamyl
11-20-2007, 01:54 PM
if you have CM10th, just buy the book "the art of learning" and you have everything CM11 offers plus a healthy nervous system.

in all those years, I bet they have given only a few weeks of work into CM11. even the only addition, which is this new tutorial is just ridiculously faulty. the audio and the video do not overlap, the audio keeps having looong breaks, there are many annoying repeats (which is obviously a fault of the montage), etc.

everyone has done an annoyingly reckess job for CM11 except Waitzkin. (that is, IF we can consider this 'doing a job'. every single, simple problem is untouched. I can go on and on about this.)

chessou
11-20-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm agree don't buy chessmaster 11 if you have chessmaster 10. And if you didn't have chessmaster 10, buy chessmaster 10 ( http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif!!!
Chessmaster 11 is chessmaster 10 with bug.
Chessmaster 10 works perfectly and it's a very good product.
If you have chessmaster 10 and you want to buy a new product, try the new fritz or buy something like chessbase. A better way to use your money. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif