PDA

View Full Version : Main Issue with Co-op play

x7xJackBauerx7x
04-28-2010, 02:01 PM
The only issue I have with the co-op in this game is that ubisoft didn't give us the option to play co-op with an AI controlled player.

I know that when I play games like these I like to take my time and explore a little bit and notice the details of the game, as well as the story. It's tough playing this for the first time with a veteran who just wants to fly through the mission. You don't really have a chance to take it all in and I feel that new players are just trying to keep up with the other player as opposed to playing at their own pace. It would be good for you to be able to play with AI so you can get the whole story and learn the maps and then have the option later to jump in with another veteran then test your skills to fly through the map.

A good example of co-op done right was Resident Evil 5. You had a chance to play through by yourself and learn the location of everything and get to enjoy the story by yourself. Then once you got through it and were getting bored you had the option of really pushing it on harder difficulties with a friend. I'm not really sure why ubisoft didn't include this option.

Trust me, I'm all for online co-op play. I think its great to have to work together with another person to accomplish the objectives, I just think it would be better off to give everyone a chance to get accustomed to the maps and then give them the option later to jump online once they are comfortable. This way, it won't feel like they're rushing to catch up with the other player and the other player won't feel like they are babysitting and getting slowed down by the novice.

Just a thought. Take that one to the drawing board for the next game ubisoft.

x7xJackBauerx7x
04-28-2010, 02:01 PM
The only issue I have with the co-op in this game is that ubisoft didn't give us the option to play co-op with an AI controlled player.

I know that when I play games like these I like to take my time and explore a little bit and notice the details of the game, as well as the story. It's tough playing this for the first time with a veteran who just wants to fly through the mission. You don't really have a chance to take it all in and I feel that new players are just trying to keep up with the other player as opposed to playing at their own pace. It would be good for you to be able to play with AI so you can get the whole story and learn the maps and then have the option later to jump in with another veteran then test your skills to fly through the map.

A good example of co-op done right was Resident Evil 5. You had a chance to play through by yourself and learn the location of everything and get to enjoy the story by yourself. Then once you got through it and were getting bored you had the option of really pushing it on harder difficulties with a friend. I'm not really sure why ubisoft didn't include this option.

Trust me, I'm all for online co-op play. I think its great to have to work together with another person to accomplish the objectives, I just think it would be better off to give everyone a chance to get accustomed to the maps and then give them the option later to jump online once they are comfortable. This way, it won't feel like they're rushing to catch up with the other player and the other player won't feel like they are babysitting and getting slowed down by the novice.

Just a thought. Take that one to the drawing board for the next game ubisoft.

darnokz
04-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Also dont forget that after 1 year nobody will play it and basically we will lose 5 hour coop and you cant replay it... COOL , because all my friends are pirates I have noone to play with , why didnt they give us AI? omg

chrkaise
04-28-2010, 02:26 PM
i think you would find that the encounters with AI controlled partners vs. enemies would need to be scripted (see Modern Warfare 2) for it to work/flow correctly, at which point it isnt dynamic at all and is simply like playing a single player game that has a partner fighting long side you (like the chick in Half Life 2). what i mean is, AI vs. AI never really works well. i personally thought the AI partner in resident evil 5 was braindead and totally useless.

but yes, i agree that not being able to play coop because the matchmaker is unable to find me a coop partner, is very frustrating and a big letdown. so far im batting 1/3 trying to simply find a partner to play with using matchmaker. if i cant find a partner now one day after the games launch... umm... ya im worried

rinks361
04-28-2010, 04:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chrkaise:
i think you would find that the encounters with AI controlled partners vs. enemies would need to be scripted (see Modern Warfare 2) for it to work/flow correctly, at which point it isnt dynamic at all and is simply like playing a single player game that has a partner fighting long side you (like the chick in Half Life 2). what i mean is, AI vs. AI never really works well. i personally thought the AI partner in resident evil 5 was braindead and totally useless.

but yes, i agree that not being able to play coop because the matchmaker is unable to find me a coop partner, is very frustrating and a big letdown. so far im batting 1/3 trying to simply find a partner to play with using matchmaker. if i cant find a partner now one day after the games launch... umm... ya im worried </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, same here. I haven't been able to play co-op yet. It's as if every one either has it for 360 or literally every one beat co-op story and doesn't want to replay it. I'm not big on VS matches and games like Call of Duty, Half-life, and Counter Strike. I'd prefer the stealthy games like SC and Alpha Protocol and really would like to play a game where instead of going head to head, you could play with a partner (or a couple of squads) to achieve an objective like in SC.

Dread_stunlock
05-04-2010, 02:34 PM
I WANT MY IMAGINARY FRIEND!!! ALL FRIENDS LEFT ME QQ