PDA

View Full Version : UBI's impersonations of players



Kris_Pusaka
03-12-2005, 01:38 AM
are numerous on this forum, and will yet increase in numbers in the first year of SH3's market presence.

Quae Caret Ora Cruore Nostro

JG27_Arklight
03-12-2005, 01:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kris_Pusaka:
are numerous on this forum, and will yet increase in numbers in the first year of SH3's market presence.

Quae Caret Ora Cruore Nostro <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that good or bad?

And who from UBI is impersonating me?

lol

Kris_Pusaka
03-12-2005, 02:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG27_Arklight:

Is that good or bad?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The good side is when you can make the difference, the bad is when you can't.

JG27_Arklight
03-12-2005, 02:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kris_Pusaka:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG27_Arklight:

Is that good or bad?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The good side is when you can make the difference, the bad is when you can't. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think everybody here makes a difference in some way or another. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Messervy
03-12-2005, 02:49 AM
A very fruitfull discussion. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

TASKFORCE1x1
03-12-2005, 04:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG27_Arklight:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kris_Pusaka:
are numerous on this forum, and will yet increase in numbers in the first year of SH3's market presence.

Quae Caret Ora Cruore Nostro <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that good or bad?

And who from UBI is impersonating me?

lol <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


And me, Where's our royalties? LOL http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Kris_Pusaka
03-13-2005, 12:03 AM
May be I was misunderstood.

Should have written:
"Ubi's impersonations of fictitious players"

You know, creating virtual customers (puppets), inciting other possible customers to buy the game (those who still hesitate http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ).

This is an effective and inexpensive way of promoting a product.

Where nowadays have a company the possibility to advertise with NO cost, if not on their own forums ?

I don't say I disapprove of using these unethical methods, they are just part of our time. And when it's a question of money, it's money that counts, not ethics.

Only a question of evaluation of values .

BobTuck
03-13-2005, 12:34 AM
Excuse me, but what proof do you have?

BobTuck.

BlueSabor
03-13-2005, 02:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BobTuck:
Excuse me, but what proof do you have?

BobTuck. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed.

Yes what proof?

PWH

Sir-Tiedeman
03-13-2005, 02:51 AM
^^^



I see two of them already http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

BlueSabor
03-13-2005, 02:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sir-Tiedeman:
^^^



I see two of them already http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Kris_Pusaka
03-13-2005, 02:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BobTuck:
Excuse me, but what proof do you have?

BobTuck. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Writing in forums under pseudos is the weakness, the Achille's heel, to this method of promotion.

There is no way of proving anything, as long as users remain anonymous.

I don't know what percentage affects this forum, but as long as there is an economic gain for the publisher, it is only a logical deduction to affirm what I said.

Reality always surpasses fiction, and if what I pretend is a fiction, then you can imagine reality.

BlueSabor
03-13-2005, 03:01 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Sir-Tiedeman:
^^^



I see two of them already



Yeah" heavy goods driver for exel!"

Rgds,
PWH.

delphin-U190
03-13-2005, 03:15 AM
May be aliens post in this forum ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Are UBI aliens ? this could be a conspiration ! In fact the game himself is a timewarp trap in wich we'll fall as soon we launch a torpedo...

Cpt Kirk ? where is Spock ?
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

BobTuck
03-13-2005, 03:15 AM
LOL, I'm a real person, and I have no affiliation with Ubisoft.

I do take my hat off to them, because as one of the 'lucky 10' invited on the community day, I know that we are fortunate that they had the faith and the money to sponsor a niche project that is going to make us all very happy. A product like SH3 is a rare beast indeed, showing up once in a blue moon.

We are all going to be very happy.

For that we all need to worship at the altar of Ubisoft! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Rgrds,
Bob "Ubisoft" Tuck! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

BlueSabor
03-13-2005, 03:19 AM
Rgrds,
Bob "Ubisoft" Tuck!

Nice one. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Silmar
03-13-2005, 03:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BobTuck:
LOL, I'm a real person, and I have no affiliation with Ubisoft.

I do take my hat off to them, because as one of the 'lucky 10' invited on the community day, I know that we are fortunate that they had the faith and the money to sponsor a niche project that is going to make us all very happy. A product like SH3 is a rare beast indeed, showing up once in a blue moon.

We are all going to be very happy.

For that we all need to worship at the altar of Ubisoft! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Rgrds,
Bob "Ubisoft" Tuck! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah Bob but perhaps you succumbed to Ubi interrogations on your visit? No? Can you remember a bright light at all? Is anything a bit vague after this?

Kris_Pusaka is right on the other hand, that technique has been used many times, and as he/she says almost impossible to trace.

Dominicrigg
03-13-2005, 05:26 AM
I can exclusivly reveal here and now that the "lucky 10 competition" was a unique experiment. The 10 were actually taken away and replaced with UBI Automatons who are now roaming the world freely. What there mission is no one knows!!

(Its even rumoured the robots themselves dont know they are robots untill the date comes for their mission to begin!!) Fear the Ubi robots!! (They run on starforce software by the way http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

Yarrick_
03-13-2005, 05:47 AM
In fact, there are lots of negative critics to the game also in this comunity.
-red triangle (although it can be removed)
-resolution limit
-starforce software
-your critic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
-lack of printed recognition manuals for everyone
-too few pages in the manual
-lack of delay in explosions
-no pixel shader 3.0
etc etc etc
So it is not only good advertisment what's going on here

JG27_Arklight
03-13-2005, 02:08 PM
Ohhhh, now I see.

You think UBI is impersonating customers to build support for the game.

That thread is a joke, right?

Shinzoy
03-13-2005, 03:13 PM
Of course the biggest risk will be installing the game, they have the ability to monitor and bug your Telco equipment thru the software it can make its way into your telephone system, and keep track of what goes on in your house.

careful what you say, one of the gimme's is if you answer a call and all you hear is a click you know your monitored. Spies are everywhere
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Yog_Shoggoth
03-13-2005, 07:01 PM
I dissagree with your insane statement, as ubisoft values nothing more than their honesty towards thier beloved customers. In fact I would say that they are the best gaming company ever! Who else is looking forward to suporting the best gaming company by buying the best sub simulation on the market. If we- er, they can make such a great game now imagine what they can do when you give them even more money. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

KiwiVenge
03-13-2005, 07:14 PM
I agree with Ark, this was a 'get a reaction from the forum population' kind of thing.
No one would seriously think that.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
I mean, what good would it do. Who here can tell anyone else here anything?
We are all crusty old sim players who know what we want or don't want.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Darnitz
03-13-2005, 07:22 PM
Dang, I'm busted! Please will you buy SH3???

Axxent
03-13-2005, 10:12 PM
I find it doubtful that the publishers would plant covert marketing operatives in the forums for a game as amazing as SH3. It doesn't make sense! This game sells itself and it would be a rediculous waste of resources to pay people to sell a product that everyone is already willing to buy.

Kris_Pusaka
03-14-2005, 01:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG27_Arklight:
Ohhhh, now I see.

You think UBI is impersonating customers to build support for the game.

That thread is a joke, right? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To catch a big fish, you need a big hook.

Well, this thread had at least the merit of bringing up some very interesting comments from the heavy-writers of this forum, of whom I would never have the audacity to pretend, or affirm, that they are working for Ubi, that would cost them too much).

For my part, as a gamer, I spend more time on games, than in forums. And returning soon on Deus Ex IW, waiting for the postman.



Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice.

JG27_Arklight
03-14-2005, 01:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kris_Pusaka:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG27_Arklight:
Ohhhh, now I see.

You think UBI is impersonating customers to build support for the game.

That thread is a joke, right? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To catch a big fish, you need a big hook.

Well, this thread had at least the merit of bringing up some very interesting comments from the heavy-writers of this forum, of whom I would never have the audacity to pretend, or affirm, that they are working for Ubi, that would cost them too much).

For my part, as a gamer, I spend more time on games, than in forums. And returning soon on Deus Ex IW, waiting for the postman.



Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No offense Kris, but posting conspiracy thoeries is rather pointless, especially when they are as far off base as this one. I seriously doubt UBI would act in the role of "average Joe gamer" just to build support for their game, in fact I wouldn't even entertain the idea.

As a gamer, you need to spend more time playing games and less time developing black helicopter conspiracy theories that have no actual basis for discussion.

Dominicrigg
03-14-2005, 01:29 AM
**Que creepy x-files music**

**Stage left, scully enters**

"Moulder! Whats being going on in here?"

"oh you would never believe me Scully, Ubi are mindwashing the world, but you missed it all again you silly wench!"

**fade to credits with creepy x-files music**