PDA

View Full Version : Startup failure

ketoujin
04-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Hi,
I had PF Stand-alone for about a year and it worked fine, although I did have to run it on the lowest graphics settings. Got a new hard drive and now it doens't even start up. I have a 1.62 Ghz processor with 1 gig RAM and an NVDIA 6600 card. I start the game, screen goes black, the screen shows the desktop again only with lower screen res, then goes black for a second till it shows the desktop again in normal resolution....but never once does the game start. Any suggestions? Thanks,
Ketoujin

ketoujin
04-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Hi,
I had PF Stand-alone for about a year and it worked fine, although I did have to run it on the lowest graphics settings. Got a new hard drive and now it doens't even start up. I have a 1.62 Ghz processor with 1 gig RAM and an NVDIA 6600 card. I start the game, screen goes black, the screen shows the desktop again only with lower screen res, then goes black for a second till it shows the desktop again in normal resolution....but never once does the game start. Any suggestions? Thanks,
Ketoujin

willyvic
04-24-2007, 01:27 AM
Try running the setup program and set your game resolution to match your desktop resulotion. If it isn't listed then set your desktop resolution to a game resolution (1024x768 etc..)and see if it launches.

Good Luck,
WV

Radoye1
04-24-2007, 06:27 AM
Besides what willy said, also try the following:

- update JRE (Java runtime). This is what did the trick for me. http://www.java.com/en/
- update device drivers, especially video. Although this is not neccessarily the root cause of your problems it is a good thing to do.
- switch off some unneccessary background processes. My 1946 doesn't like download managers for some reason.