PDA

View Full Version : Please rate this plane lineup for my friends and I

Achilles97
06-11-2007, 10:28 AM
My friends and I are going to start playing multiplayer on a private server. It's going to be just dogfighting, low altitude, close airfields.

Do you think the following plane selection is fair? I'm hoping each person has a competitive plane and no one has too much of a technical advantage:

bf109G10
Spitfire IXe
LA-5 FN
FW190 A8
Corsair Mk IV

Basically I'm making this post so my friends can read your comments and believe me that none of use will have a technical advantage over the rest if we all select one of those planes.

THANK YOU!

editted for LA-5 FN

Achilles97
06-11-2007, 10:28 AM
My friends and I are going to start playing multiplayer on a private server. It's going to be just dogfighting, low altitude, close airfields.

Do you think the following plane selection is fair? I'm hoping each person has a competitive plane and no one has too much of a technical advantage:

bf109G10
Spitfire IXe
LA-5 FN
FW190 A8
Corsair Mk IV

Basically I'm making this post so my friends can read your comments and believe me that none of use will have a technical advantage over the rest if we all select one of those planes.

THANK YOU!

editted for LA-5 FN

Daiichidoku
06-11-2007, 10:33 AM
best off bupming the La5 up to F or FN standard

the spit will always have an edge with the way the game is, and favors low wing loading, and usually sticks out as a top performer on most plansets, esp 43

id say lose the spit, but too many ppl would cry, as they love the spitfire (wonder how many would "love" it, had it been modelled anywhere near the hobbling of many other types in game.....)

crazyivan1970
06-11-2007, 10:36 AM
i`d replace A8 with Dora, as mention La5 with FN, G10 with G6AS and not sure about Corsair http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif and keep the Spitfire http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Achilles97
06-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Sorry I forgot to specify that it is the LA-5 FN

FE_pilot
06-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Lose the Spit and LA-5FN, both are planes that beat all the other planes in your selection. Replace them with an M.VIII Spit(CW) and a Lagg-3/66 model.( We cant have two uber planes now).

Lost the BF109G10 also, replace it with a BF109G6/AS or a BF-109G6 Late.

Replace the 190A8 with an A5 or A6, change the Corsair to at least a P47D-22 or A P51C.

JtD
06-11-2007, 12:45 PM
For low altitude dogfighting this isn't the best setup you can think of. The Fw and the Corsair are no true dogfighters. Imho, the Spit will wipe the table clean. If you want to "fix" this setup you should use the CW Spit over the full wing variant, use the F4U-1C to give the Corsair some decent firepower and probably use the A-9 instead of the A-8. Not that this one is a good dogfighter, but it has good speed.

From my personal experience early Il-2 are great fun for dogfights.
One interesting fighter plane setup would be
Bf 109 G-2
Fw 190A-4
Spit Vb LF
F6F-3
Ki-100
La-5
LaGG-3S35
MC 205
P-38J, maybe L
P-47D10
Yak-1b
Yak-9
Yak-9D
Yak-9T
Offers lots of variety with no best plane as such.

tigertalon
06-11-2007, 01:12 PM
It's of cruical importance to know what settings you are going to use.

In case of full realism (no icons as well), it's a relatively good match IMO (although I'd take spit and FN out and replace them with Mc205III and La5F). Flying arcade, spits and Las will dominate, 190 will at least have an option to BnZ and ruuuuun, while corsair will be a deathsentence for it's pilot in the moment he clicks 'fly' button.

What JtD posted is perfectly ballanced group of planes to use them in 'all vs all' enviroment of DF server. Maybe I'd only add P-39N as a comparable all rounder and HurriIIc for fun in a SBD (slow but deadly) role.

T_O_A_D
06-11-2007, 01:50 PM
If you really just want a fair fight, among friends, and not argue over the machines, just set it up with the same plane for everyone, and have red and blue for the two sides.

It will also settle the "It's the Man, not the machine" argument too.

Once you tire of the same aircraft, then change the mission to another aircraft type.

This way you and your buddies will learn how to fight with the same aircraft to its maximum ability, and learn from each others skills with said arcraft at the same time.

After you go through a few planes you may find your group likes one aircraft overall, then you can form a squad, and use this aircraft soley to raid servers.

Xiolablu3
06-11-2007, 02:26 PM
SPitfire VIII (non clipped) or IXc (non clipped)
FW190A9 and FW190A6
La5FN
Bf109G10 AND Bf109G2
P51D
Corsair mkIV
Ki84B

Pretty balanced I think. I think the Dora would overwhelm myself, thats best saved for the Spit 25lbs/La7 'ubers'battle.

I suggest the 190A6 as WELL as the 190A9 because its the best dogfighter of the late 190's and still very fast.
I suggest the 109G2 as well for the same reasons.

Urufu_Shinjiro
06-11-2007, 03:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T_O_A_D:
If you really just want a fair fight, among friends, and not argue over the machines, just set it up with the same plane for everyone, and have red and blue for the two sides.

It will also settle the "It's the Man, not the machine" argument too.

Once you tire of the same aircraft, then change the mission to another aircraft type.

This way you and your buddies will learn how to fight with the same aircraft to its maximum ability, and learn from each others skills with said arcraft at the same time.

After you go through a few planes you may find your group likes one aircraft overall, then you can form a squad, and use this aircraft soley to raid servers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif