PDA

View Full Version : The only thing wrong with assassins creed....(as gametrailers says)

gamepro11
11-13-2007, 08:20 AM
I watched the reveiw of assassins creed on gametrailers.com and they gave it a 9.1 out of 10... they said the only reason was because the enemies were brain dead. Jade promised us super smart AI. i wasn't convinced when i say Altair killing a guard in plain sight, and the other guard did nothing. explain this to me...

gamepro11
11-13-2007, 08:20 AM
I watched the reveiw of assassins creed on gametrailers.com and they gave it a 9.1 out of 10... they said the only reason was because the enemies were brain dead. Jade promised us super smart AI. i wasn't convinced when i say Altair killing a guard in plain sight, and the other guard did nothing. explain this to me...

gamepro11
11-13-2007, 08:31 AM
what is the deal with this. is the AI as good as we were promised?

Dvlos56
11-13-2007, 08:33 AM
No the enemy AI and crowd AI are pretty dumb.

This is a game about running around the pretty cities and nothing more.

9 assassinations and the main game is over.

auntsoesa
11-13-2007, 08:39 AM
there are much more things to do but i agree with seeing the ai is dumb.

Golani2007
11-13-2007, 08:50 AM
Yeah...the AI is suck...
But on the other hand some say that it not - why?
be cause when a group of ppl send one of then to kill the enemy (Altair) and that comard dies before there eyes by a skilled and scarry man, they will not be so eager to attack him. so they will hesitate...

but the bottom line is that UBI could work a little bit harder to improve the AI....shame...
BUT THE GAME IS STILL BAD ***!!^^

Thebleufox
11-13-2007, 09:39 AM
We'll we shouldnt forget its still a game,
So if you want it to be harder make it harder for youreself.
Like when GT said that social stealth might aswell make you invisible (killing guy next to guard while other guard goes who did this)
you could just make it harder for youreself not pressing the social stealth button and kill other guard or just get the hell out of there ^^ (something i will do if they didnt fix that ai)

(+ im surre i saw a link somewhere showing that enemies dont attack 1at a time)

lunaticpanda101
11-13-2007, 09:41 AM
yeah i spose the AI is pretty stupid but the other aspects of the game make up for it. The AI in GTA was even worse yet its considered one of the greatest franchises ever made.

Raide
11-13-2007, 09:56 AM
When you are running on rooftops and the guards are running after you, I find the AI too smart. The amount of times you can hide and think you have got away from them and then you just see some hands appear on a nearby rooftop. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Assassin's Creed is more about the social stealth and the planned assassination side of things. Any good assassin would not be getting into a mass battle with the enemy. People will have their own styles of play, but I just love sneaking around and not getting seen. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

The combat is a difficult side to nail correctly because the game is not a hack and slash game. The defensive battle mode pretty much shows this by letting you time your strikes to prefection and finishing people off quickly. It is very satisfying to chase someone down and execute (pun intended) the perfect kill.

Raide
UK Forum Manager

rogue_tom
11-13-2007, 10:11 AM
What rubbish raide! It is a hack and slash game or they wouldn't have combat to start with.

Killing guards infront of people and not been seen is wrong. Also i agree with alot of people saying that the ai is dumb. I understand that they've made it easy for the casual gamers but it would have been nice if they added harder ai for the rest of us. Maybe they have when you compete the game. As i havn't played it yet I don't know.

I think this is something ubisoft should listen too when they create the next installment. Except for these too large problems the game does look great.

Ravnica01
11-13-2007, 10:22 AM
It is as fun as you make it....a game cant be perfect coz we dont have the right technology for it yet... i dont even have the game but i already know that i am only gona use counters when really needed coz they are overpowered... and im not using blend...but its your choise and your playstyle..im more climbing and jump on someone's neck but if you are more a fighter...thats oke your choise but keep in mind only YOU can make a game more fun to play

Raide
11-13-2007, 10:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rogue_tom:
What rubbish raide! It is a hack and slash game or they wouldn't have combat to start with.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not every game with combat in has to be hack and slash. Assassin's Creed is not God of War or Devil May Cry. While full on combat is part of the game, it is the assassination side of things that plays the biggest part. Following your target, getting information about them and going in for the kill.

Waiting for the right moment to counter your enemy is not hack and slash. Jumping off a building and jamming a dagger into their back is not hack and slash. Combat in Assassin's Creed is different to the usual combat game, hence it takes longer to get really good at it.

Again, not too long and people will get to play the game and see if it matches up to what they want the game to be. Not everyone will be happy (People never are) but at least the game is trying something different for a change.

Raide
Uk Forum Manager

lukenichols
11-13-2007, 10:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dvlos56:
No the enemy AI and crowd AI are pretty dumb.

This is a game about running around the pretty cities and nothing more.

9 assassinations and the main game is over. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no,
there are 35 missions that MUST be done to complete the game, and 100 overall
and the AI, what do you want the crowd to do, they have to be dumb they are only needed to walk around and be pushed?

Dvlos56
11-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Those 35 missions "that have to be done" are mostly to set up the main target's death. They are not tied together very well. The gametrailer review also points out that the controls are overly simple, the game is very repetitive, kind of unimaginative after a while, graphics are pretty, freeroaming is nice, combat is dull, enemy and crowd AI is dull.

This is the summary of the entire review. Before a target is taken down YOU HAVE TO scale some tall points, which really should have been optional, these things that you can do to help you out. But they take you by the hand like a child, and force you to do it. You rough up some people, take out some guards, either way the information they give you is really unnecessary. Find your target and kill him, it's not really that hard. It's really far more frantic and hard to escape, not knowing the full layout of the land- and is probably the way I think most people will enjoy to play the game.. than to sit around fighting the easy AI.

AirRon_2K7
11-13-2007, 11:04 AM
We can read Dvlos, no need to go around copy and pasting bits of your deceased topic...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What rubbish raide! It is a hack and slash game or they wouldn't have combat to start with. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ermm... it isn't hack and slash, 'cos hack and slash games are button mashers. Research next time. Instead of outright insulting people

chickmgnt222
11-13-2007, 11:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dvlos56:
Those 35 missions "that have to be done" are mostly to set up the main target's death. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So? By your logic that could mean there is really only one mission... to complete all the assassinations.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">They are not tied together very well. The gametrailer review also points out that the controls are overly simple, the game is very repetitive, kind of unimaginative after a while, graphics are pretty, freeroaming is nice, combat is dull, enemy and crowd AI is dull. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love how you always try and take an opinion and state it as fact. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This is the summary of the entire review. Before a target is taken down YOU HAVE TO scale some tall points, which really should have been optional, these things that you can do to help you out. But they take you by the hand like a child, and force you to do it. You rough up some people, take out some guards, either way the information they give you is really unnecessary. Find your target and kill him, it's not really that hard. It's really far more frantic and hard to escape, not knowing the full layout of the land- and is probably the way I think most people will enjoy to play the game.. than to sit around fighting the easy AI. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Optional? Why should all these things be optional? Maybe they actually want you to experience the game like they want you to. Is that wrong? No. In fact, many stories force you to entertain certain thoughts or do certain things because it makes the story better.

MiniAssasin
11-13-2007, 11:48 AM
that blend thing only works when you havent been seen yet.

if you had been seen by the guard and tried blending it wont work in the slightest

--
think of it this way if you were in a crowd and you kileld someone and wasnt spotted immediately and blended the guards would have no idea who killed the person. thats a game mechanic the whole social stealth thing
the only problem is on these very rare two guard no civilian parts this mechanic looks a bit stupid

but blending when the enemy have seen you and know who you are blend doesnt work.

KillerKahuna
11-13-2007, 01:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gamepro11:
I watched the reveiw of assassins creed on gametrailers.com and they gave it a 9.1 out of 10... they said the only reason was because the enemies were brain dead. Jade promised us super smart AI. i wasn't convinced when i say Altair killing a guard in plain sight, and the other guard did nothing. explain this to me... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about you just kill someone on plane sight without going into blend-mode (A-button for 360 and X-button for PS3)

Just do assassin's the way a real assassin would do it the thing GT said is a glitch the Devs didn't really see coming http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif just use blend mode to go in places http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

That's what I'll do , if there's a difficulty option I'll go with Hard for the Ultimate challange I bet those guys were playing on SUPER EASY !!! (just so they can get the review out fast)

Trust me they allways play on SUPER EASY

pillaysteven
11-13-2007, 01:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">9 assassinations and the main game is over. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup. And in Oblivion when you close all the Oblivion gates the main game is over...

Dark_zip
11-13-2007, 01:14 PM
I alway's play game out in 2 day's so I dont care that it 9 targets and thats it I played Cod 4 out in just 1 day on veteran http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif just like most of my games except World in Conflict that took me a week

Warrior-Within2
11-13-2007, 01:16 PM
There is nothing wrong with the AI. People who reviewed it were being stupid and just standing around waiting for a guard to attack so he can counter... I think they forgot that you have an attack button also... You don't have to just wait until they attack so you can counter.

pillaysteven
11-13-2007, 01:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Warrior-Within2:
There is nothing wrong with the AI. People who reviewed it were being stupid and just standing around waiting for a guard to attack so he can counter... I think they forgot that you have an attack button also... You don't have to just wait until they attack so you can counter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I mean who played Heavenly Sword only using counters??? And now that I think of it the enemy AI is pretty similar in HS (in that they kind of wait their turn, maybe to a slightly lesser extent though).