PDA

View Full Version : Updated Physics...

Theassassin4756
09-24-2010, 10:36 AM
while im glad ubi is getting rid of the bouncing ragdolls from AC II i wish they would update the cloth system... ezio's cape just moves so stiff..anybody agree?

Theassassin4756
09-24-2010, 10:36 AM
while im glad ubi is getting rid of the bouncing ragdolls from AC II i wish they would update the cloth system... ezio's cape just moves so stiff..anybody agree?

RandomRansom
09-24-2010, 10:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Theassassin4756:
while im glad ubi is getting rid of the bouncing ragdolls from AC II i wish they would update the cloth system... ezio's cape just moves so stiff..anybody agree? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

His cape moving oddly is probably more of an animation issue (I could be wrong). Since he interacts with it by pulling it around his arm, I think they had to limit the cape to animation based movement (rather than physics based fabric effects).

Theassassin4756
09-24-2010, 01:08 PM
that makes more sense..i guess i've been playing too much RDR and just jumped back to ACII to get ready for the beta and it was one of the first things i noticed lol

GreekAssassin2
09-25-2010, 08:10 AM
horse physics should definetely be improved!they should move like RDR

Theassassin4756
09-25-2010, 09:32 AM
that they should lol

TheMusingMoose
09-25-2010, 04:28 PM
I acuatlly loved the horse physics in AC:2. I also loved the horse riding in Shadow of the Colossus.

RandomRansom
09-25-2010, 05:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:
I acuatlly loved the horse physics in AC:2. I also loved the horse riding in Shadow of the Colossus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't even really take note of the horse physics in an analytical way. I guess that means they passed my standards. Well, I wouldn't have minded being able to run over or through more people before the horse fell head over heals, but that's probably it.

Yeah, I liked the horse in SotC too. I can't wait for the BD version that will bundle the HD versions of of ICO and Colossus. The graphics may not be improved all that much, but getting a bigger, better view of that scenery will be worth it.

Theassassin4756
09-25-2010, 10:12 PM
yea day 1 for the ICO Collection.... btw is it me or does the lighting in AC:B looks a lot more like AC1 then AC2?

yly3
09-26-2010, 02:37 AM
^ Yeah I noticed that too and it can only be a good thing . It feels more natural .. to be honest I enjoyed AC1 graphics significally more

primerib69
09-26-2010, 03:15 AM
put together the horse mechanics from Red dead and Sotc and youve got the best horse riding in the industry. they definetly need to fix the cape clipping through ezio too

Theassassin4756
09-26-2010, 09:40 AM
@yly3 yea i agree with you there.
@primerib69 i dont think anyone is ready to see that yet lol. so i watched the single player walkthrough vid #2 and it seems like ezio's cape got stiffer but acts more naturally when he runs, so i think RandomRansom is right with it being part of the animation therefore the physics for it are real low.

RandomRansom
09-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Yeah, you can transition between animations to make it appear as if there are physics involved when there aren't. I'm not sure if that's what they did, but if they did, it probably saved on processing power (over using complex physics to make it work).

Theassassin4756
09-26-2010, 10:56 AM
true but AC uses havok right, i though havok had been updated to enable cloth physics with a small footprint on processing? also cloth in a video game now-a-days are ridged-bodies right? ... so then maybe ezio's cape is just a small number of ridged-bodies hence the reason it acts so weird sometimes?