PDA

View Full Version : No apply button in USMC dynamic campaign

MrPingwin
05-06-2007, 12:01 PM
I've just started a dynamic campaign as a USMC Wildcat pilot but for some reason I am not getting the apply button to show up in the mission debriefing screen so I cannot get to the second mission.

So far, the best I have managed to achieve is bailing out over my home base (4 wildcats vs 10 zeros and 20 or more bombers means staying in the air for very long is impossible). On the soviet fighter dynamic campaign I am also playing, bailing out over friendly territory makes the apply button show up.

Is this is a bug or does the apply button only show up if you successfully land in a pacific campaign?

MrPingwin
05-06-2007, 12:01 PM
I've just started a dynamic campaign as a USMC Wildcat pilot but for some reason I am not getting the apply button to show up in the mission debriefing screen so I cannot get to the second mission.

So far, the best I have managed to achieve is bailing out over my home base (4 wildcats vs 10 zeros and 20 or more bombers means staying in the air for very long is impossible). On the soviet fighter dynamic campaign I am also playing, bailing out over friendly territory makes the apply button show up.

Is this is a bug or does the apply button only show up if you successfully land in a pacific campaign?

MrPingwin
05-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Tried the first mission again, managed to shoot down 4 zeros and land so it's let me go on to the next mission.

10 zeros vs 4 wildcats didn't seem like such bad odds once I'd realised that all you have to do to get the fuel tank on a zero to catch fire is to stare at it quite hard http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
05-06-2007, 01:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrPingwin:

Is this is a bug or does the apply button only show up if you successfully land in a pacific campaign? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have chosen this as an option in your difficulty screen.

The option is "no instant success". It is a very strangely named option, and it causes a lot of confusion

If it is on (lamp is illuminated), you cannot 'fail' a mission; you must replay it until you 'suceed' in whatver mission goals there are

With it off, you can fail a mission, and still go on to fly the next

A very bizarre option, turning it on makes a completely unrealistic situation in which you forver are stuck on a mission until you beat it

Turning 'no instant success' off will allow you to hit 'apply' at the end of any mission, provided you are not killed or captured

There is no way to 'unselect' your options, but you can view the difficulty. The only solution is to re-start, and make sure 'no instant success' is off

MrPingwin
05-07-2007, 05:20 AM
I've just checked the difficulty settings and I do have no instant success selected.

I also have it selected for my soviet fighter campaign in which I have bailed out on numerous occassions and been allowed to continue as long as I wasn't behind enemy lines at the time hence my confusion at not been allowed to move on to the next mission in the USMC campaign. Perhaps I've always managed to achieve some objective or other in the soviet missions before bailing out.

Deadmeat313
05-10-2007, 07:00 AM
A lot of campaigns (especially Dgen ones) give you a mission success as soon as you take off, or somesuch. That's why it probably hasn't been an issue up to now.

Best bet is to always fly with that switch de-selected.

T.