PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 needs more time before BOB

Tinpanzer87
07-21-2006, 12:50 PM
I know most people in this forum don't know me
but i have been playing IL-2 since the start
in 2001. I think Il-2 is one if the best games
ever i would be nice to see the dev add more planes like maybe a flyable B-17 that would be cool this game deserves more i would buy any IL-2 add-on because it's worth every penny I-m playing 4.05M and waiting for SVOM 4.06.
I can't stop thinking about what will happen to this game when BOBSW is released. It will be forgotton about just like a ton of other games.

I wish it would never end
But ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO A END!!!!
THAT'S a rule of L.I.F.E

I know BOBSW has very HI RES Graphics but IL-2 will always have a spot on my system!!!!

I know it takes time to make these add-ons but one more would be nice!!!!

I know many others out there fill the Same!

Tinpanzer87
07-21-2006, 12:50 PM
I know most people in this forum don't know me
but i have been playing IL-2 since the start
in 2001. I think Il-2 is one if the best games
ever i would be nice to see the dev add more planes like maybe a flyable B-17 that would be cool this game deserves more i would buy any IL-2 add-on because it's worth every penny I-m playing 4.05M and waiting for SVOM 4.06.
I can't stop thinking about what will happen to this game when BOBSW is released. It will be forgotton about just like a ton of other games.

I wish it would never end
But ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO A END!!!!
THAT'S a rule of L.I.F.E

I know BOBSW has very HI RES Graphics but IL-2 will always have a spot on my system!!!!

I know it takes time to make these add-ons but one more would be nice!!!!

I know many others out there fill the Same!

Haigotron
07-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Il-2 will be around long after BoB comes out, im sure ill crave flying a plane from il-2 not present in bob...

slappedsilly
07-21-2006, 05:01 PM
This sim is no doubt my favorite game. I would think that BoB(SoW) would need an expansion pretty quick. The 109's fuel is going to be caught between the realism and fun of the new sim. Maybe I'm wrong but I think the first expansion would need to be sooner rather than later just to push the fun and realism factors of the game along. But this Il2 engine is old, and I'm looking foward to moving on to BoB. Go back to 2001 and look at any FPS game and look at them today.

monty66
07-22-2006, 04:55 AM
As long as i can play online co-ops/dogfights,
then i will still use this superb game.

Monty http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Chuck_Older
07-22-2006, 06:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Haigotron:
Il-2 will be around long after BoB comes out, im sure ill crave flying a plane from il-2 not present in bob... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly true. Plus BoB won't release when Ubi says; I'd bet hard cash money on it

_VR_ScorpionWorm
07-22-2006, 09:27 AM
IL2 series has had its run, a very long and good run, it time to make way for BoB:SoW.

I have to disagree with you on IL2 being forgotten, given how most game/sims are released, not everybody here is going to or can jump straight to BoB without major upgrades to thier PC costing them lots of money. I give it more than a year before the majority of the community is flying BoB:SoW, even then, IL2 will be around for some time after BoB release..

ploughman
07-22-2006, 12:32 PM
I'm looking forward to playing Il-2 on the machine I buy to allow me to play Storm of War. My current machine's a P4 1.5mhz and is way long in the tooth, Il-2'll be like a new game for me even before I start getting all lyrical over Storm of War.

If that 6-dof thing on the other channel isn't BS, well that makes things pretty interesting too doth it not? There's life in the old girl yet.

leitmotiv
07-24-2006, 05:44 PM
I have a suspicion IL-2 will remain the online standard because many may be put off by BOB's hardware demands, advanced FM, and advanced cockpit management features. BOB may be the item for the hardest core of the hard core, online and off.

shinden1974
07-24-2006, 06:00 PM
From my experience, the flight sim fans usually rise to the level of the sim. It happened with Il-2, and EAW/CFS2 was the thing at the time, most of those guys are here now. Your typical flight simmer has already spent more than your average FPS'er just getting in the air...but it does take time.

BOB will probably be big (by flght sims' humble standards) after a year or two in the market. PAW fans like me will probably pick up BOB and let it sit on the shelf until Oleg gets back to the pacific (maybe 2010?). I did that with Il-2 until PF.

TgD Thunderbolt56
07-27-2006, 10:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by _VR_ScorpionWorm:
I have to disagree with you on IL2 being forgotten, given how most game/sims are released, not everybody here is going to or can jump straight to BoB without major upgrades to thier PC costing them lots of money. I give it more than a year before the majority of the community is flying BoB:SoW, even then, IL2 will be around for some time after BoB release.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

triad773
07-27-2006, 10:50 AM
Yes it will be around for some time at least; at least on my machine. Just have it to the point where everything runs great. In another thread here it was also discussed in some facet; how many are sure they have flown EVERY single flyable plane? I know I hadn't. So much yet to explore. And being a family person like myself means time is always at a premium; so while I never get enough time to fly, it will naturally take me much longer to explore all the facets of this sim/

~S~

shinden1974
07-27-2006, 03:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triad773:
Yes it will be around for some time at least; at least on my machine. Just have it to the point where everything runs great. In another thread here it was also discussed in some facet; how many are sure they have flown EVERY single flyable plane? I know I hadn't. So much yet to explore. And being a family person like myself means time is always at a premium; so while I never get enough time to fly, it will naturally take me much longer to explore all the facets of this sim/

~S~ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know what you mean, I spend all afternoon after work with my son, who is only 3. Online is pretty much dogfight only which I don't even enjoy, and I have a max of 2-3 hours for Il-2 2-3 days a week. I basically fly my favorites and dabble in some others, but there's no time...

danjama
07-27-2006, 03:37 PM
When il2 loses its popularity online (and it IS a long way away IMO), i know one thing. Yes, i will remember the game/sim, the ups and downs, waiting for betas, patches, planes, fixes, maps....but i will most importantly remember the people i met, whilst playing, or chatting in the lobby. Alot of good, funny times were had. Alot of crazy conversations, arguments, debates, showdowns etc. I'm hoping for the same when BoB is in its prime, hopefully with many of the same people i think of as i am writing this...but i dont think i will forget what this game gave me over such a long period of time. I don't play any other game from 2001, only this one. That says alot.

Since i am getting all sentimental, i just want to thank everyone, the named and anonomous who i ever flew with or talked with, for all the times i had online. Even the bad times were good!

Ah, thanks to Oleg and crew too!

Now that's ou of the way, we should make the most of il2fb before it's old and grey http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif

fabianfred
07-27-2006, 05:23 PM
I know i will need to get a really hot system to play BOB....but it alsomeans I will be able to run my BIG missions in il2 smoothly....the ones full of ground action, squadrons of planes, tons of objects etc. at a high detail setting too.
but it will be some time before we cando the same in BOB.
the present day hardware is still stretched by il2 run full-out.

stubby
07-27-2006, 08:19 PM
Il2 is a legend. However, all legends eventually fade with time. I once thought I would never put down European Air War because it was the end all be all to combat flying. Then I played a demo of the Il2 and I was hooked. But hell, it's been 5 years and I'll be ready to move on. BoB will pretty much put and end to flying Il2. I know many fellas I fly with on HL will go that route. Once BOB get stale, some new add-on will be released to keep BOB going just like all the add-ons we saw for Il2 kept it going. The thing is eye candy. It would be hard to have 6DOF with photo realistic eye candy in BOB and then try to go back to Il2. It would just be too painful. I'm sure there will be som die hards to hold on to Il2 as long as possible but a bulk of the online players will migrate to BOB and Il2 universe will be a lonely place.

adlabs6
07-28-2006, 12:36 AM
Yea, I think provided BoB launches OK it'll put IL2 to bed. New people here in the forums will be buying and asking questions about BoB. I once thought I could never uninstall IL2/FB/AEP, but after I faced the fact that it had sat unplayed on my harddisk for ages, I uninstalled and it's OK, I'm ready for what's next.

And on hardware, bah since when does high hardware specs keep players away from games!? I bought IL2 and barely got 20fps on my system back then, and still had a blast! I'll probably buy BoB and barely get 20fps on my current system... and if it's got the right stuff, it'll be worth it.

That said, the series will be forever remembered as great. I have long ago made backups of all the patches that work through AEP, just incase some years from now I want to relive some memories.

WOLFMondo
07-28-2006, 02:37 AM
WHY the TYPING like THIS? HAS you CAPS button GOT issues?