PDA

View Full Version : Windows outside the Assassin's Hideout

Jedted
01-06-2010, 02:29 AM
So i was walking around the hideout just exploring all the things you CAN'T interact with and i noticed something strange.

The buildings outside the windows look a lot like the buildings in 16th century Florence. Is this indicative of something or did Ubisoft just use the wrong backdrop?

Jedted
01-06-2010, 02:29 AM
So i was walking around the hideout just exploring all the things you CAN'T interact with and i noticed something strange.

The buildings outside the windows look a lot like the buildings in 16th century Florence. Is this indicative of something or did Ubisoft just use the wrong backdrop?

caswallawn_2k7
01-06-2010, 03:43 AM
or it is just in Italy, if you ever watched quantum of solace when bond is chasing the bloke in italy the roof tops and buildings are very similar to what is in game, so you have to assume a lot of buildings of that style are still standing.

Jedted
01-06-2010, 12:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
or it is just in Italy, if you ever watched quantum of solace when bond is chasing the bloke in italy the roof tops and buildings are very similar to what is in game, so you have to assume a lot of buildings of that style are still standing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what i thought at first but if the Hideout is in Italy does that mean the Abstergo lab is in Italy too? The first game never really hinted at the present day setting(just said what's going on in other places around the world) so this is the first time we're finding out.

Is there something explains why Abstergo is based in Italy? Like does it have something to to do with the events in AC2?

Mizz_Assassin
01-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Two pieces of Eden are in Italy, the staff and the apple... That might be a reason?

itsamea-mario
01-06-2010, 01:11 PM
The assassin hideout isnt in italy, because lucy drives from abstergo to the hideot with desmond in the boot, and abstergo isnt italy, i mean lookout the window, and all the staff seem to be american, but you never know.

Jedted
01-06-2010, 01:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mizz_Assassin:
Two pieces of Eden are in Italy, the staff and the apple... That might be a reason? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We know Abstergo studied Sub16's Italian ancestor but i don't think they knew where the Staff and Apple were. If they did they wouldn't need Desmond's memories to get the map leading to the other PoEs.

Mizz_Assassin
01-06-2010, 01:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
The assassin hideout isnt in italy, because lucy drives from abstergo to the hideot with desmond in the boot, and abstergo isnt italy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

abstergo is in Italy, at least it sure looks like it because in the car park with all the guards you can see vidics parking space, the one with flashy sports cars, and above it says in Italian reserved for dr vidic, so either they have Italian speaking workers who don't understand the notion of reserved parking space, or abstergo labs is in Italy.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif check it out on the right hand side of the doors you come out of when you see the group of guards

caswallawn_2k7
01-06-2010, 01:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
The assassin hideout isnt in italy, because lucy drives from abstergo to the hideot with desmond in the boot, and abstergo isnt italy, i mean lookout the window, and all the staff seem to be american, but you never know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
the abstergo car park signs were all in Italian if you paid attention while breaking out.

BK-110
01-06-2010, 04:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mizz_Assassin:
Two pieces of Eden are in Italy, the staff and the apple... That might be a reason? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it is in Italy, at least those are not the reason. The location of the First Apple (the Apple featured in ACII) is unknown, while the staff was destroyed in the Tunguska incident.

Jedted
01-07-2010, 01:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
The assassin hideout isnt in italy, because lucy drives from abstergo to the hideot with desmond in the boot, and abstergo isnt italy, i mean lookout the window, and all the staff seem to be american, but you never know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
the abstergo car park signs were all in Italian if you paid attention while breaking out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I DID notice those signs in the parking lot the second time i played that opening sequence.

Still, there's the question of why Abstergo is in based in Italy and why just about everyone who works there Italian. Desmond and Lucy obviously don't sound Italian.

Captain Tomatoz
01-07-2010, 03:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NanoTM:
the abstergo car park signs were all in Italian if you paid attention while breaking out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I DID notice those signs in the parking lot the second time i played that opening sequence.

Still, there's the question of why Abstergo is in based in Italy and why just about everyone who works there Italian. Desmond and Lucy obviously don't sound Italian. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you don't have to be italian to live in italy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

caswallawn_2k7
01-07-2010, 04:18 AM
also the firm and people high up don't need to be Italian, there could just be something in Italy that made doing the project there work.

silver_015
01-07-2010, 05:51 AM
ive started new game slot to see what you ppl r talking about and... wow didnt notice that stuff

ziljn
01-07-2010, 08:21 AM
Down the hall from the Animus room there's the corridor off to the left which leads to the warehouse area. Near the corner of that corridor there is a small sign that is also in Italian. Seems to me they are in Italy, or somewhere else where they speak Italian.

Mizz_Assassin
01-07-2010, 10:38 AM
It is 2012 in the game, maybe America kinda, got destroyed.. That's why abstergo is in Italy

hospitaller1
01-07-2010, 02:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reply </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reply </div></BLOCKQUOTE>