PDA

View Full Version : Can you taxi the Mossie one one engine?? I can't either.

mortoma
03-15-2006, 05:34 PM
I flew home from a mission and one of my engines died completely on the downwind leg, having been hit with German ground fire. I feathered the prop in time but there was hardly any assymetrical force as I finished my approach and landing. Didn't even have to trim like I would in a real twin on one engine. Once down on the ground and slowed down I thought I'd taxi her in to park.

I thought wrong!! I could not for the life of me get the plane anywhere. It just spun in circles no matter how carefully I tried to taxi. So I guess Oleg models assymetrical thrust on the ground but not the air??
Oh well, we can't have everything I reckon. But it seems to me most twins could be taxied in real life with a dead engine. Although I have never flown a twin. Will have to ask some twin pilots sometime.

mortoma
03-15-2006, 05:34 PM
I flew home from a mission and one of my engines died completely on the downwind leg, having been hit with German ground fire. I feathered the prop in time but there was hardly any assymetrical force as I finished my approach and landing. Didn't even have to trim like I would in a real twin on one engine. Once down on the ground and slowed down I thought I'd taxi her in to park.

I thought wrong!! I could not for the life of me get the plane anywhere. It just spun in circles no matter how carefully I tried to taxi. So I guess Oleg models assymetrical thrust on the ground but not the air??
Oh well, we can't have everything I reckon. But it seems to me most twins could be taxied in real life with a dead engine. Although I have never flown a twin. Will have to ask some twin pilots sometime.

Waldo.Pepper
03-15-2006, 06:06 PM
I cannot taxi any twin in this game (except the Dornier of course)

mortoma
03-15-2006, 06:55 PM
Well, I found out I can taxi the Me-410 with an engine out!!

Yambretta
03-16-2006, 04:55 AM
You should see me trying to taxi a 262 i'm totally useless straight lines and engine fires being the order of the day http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

msalama
03-16-2006, 05:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Didn't even have to trim like I would in a real twin on one engine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, this is one of the things plainly wrong / unimplemented in this game...

dravisar
03-16-2006, 05:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yambretta:
You should see me trying to taxi a 262 i'm totally useless straight lines and engine fires being the order of the day http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try to be a little slower and smoother on the throttle/rpm...and youll be ok http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

It takes a stick and throttle to fly the jets...