PDA

View Full Version : NEEDED...TrackIR v3.0 or higher

TgD Thunderbolt56
08-31-2010, 10:39 AM
Does anyone have a displaced TrackIR 3.0 or higher they would care to pass on? It does not need to be 6dof enabled so a plain-jane v3 would work just fine.

No expectations of free merch here, just needing to get one ASAP.

Please PM me if you have one and we'll work out details.

S!

TB

TgD Thunderbolt56
08-31-2010, 10:39 AM
Does anyone have a displaced TrackIR 3.0 or higher they would care to pass on? It does not need to be 6dof enabled so a plain-jane v3 would work just fine.

No expectations of free merch here, just needing to get one ASAP.

Please PM me if you have one and we'll work out details.

S!

TB

TgD Thunderbolt56
08-31-2010, 05:24 PM
N/A

PM already received and unit on the way.

S!

ytareh
09-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Darn!When I first read this I thought Id be keeping my trusty TIR3 Pro with Vector Expansion/6dof BUT just picked up a barely used TIR5 at a sweet price ...Anyone interested, PM me before I stick it on Ebay ...My new one should be here Friday 3rd so good to go from then...

willyvic
09-01-2010, 03:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ytareh:
Darn!When I first read this I thought Id be keeping my trusty TIR3 Pro with Vector Expansion/6dof BUT just picked up a barely used TIR5 at a sweet price ...Anyone interested, PM me before I stick it on Ebay ...My new one should be here Friday 3rd so good to go from then... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try sticking it in the Pay it forward thread in the OT forum. http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1013236/m/4541000477 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2601013236/m/4541000477) You may get some takers there.

WV

Ba5tard5word
09-01-2010, 05:54 PM
I listed some stuff there like a Logitech 3D Extreme Pro joystick and nobody ever responded, I think because it's a sticky nobody ever reads it anymore.

ytareh
09-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Just got my TIR 5 today (so TIR3 Pro with Vector Expansion def ready for sale if anyone wants to PM me ...)...first impressions VERY positive.In the Zero if you lift your head vertically you can see all the way to the very back of the canopy (while still being able to see right down to the floor )Field of view ,smoothness,steadiness(eg when reading instruments) etc etc all well worth the upgrade.Considering we generally all agree TIR is MORE imporant than practically anything else apart from a joystick its funny how we constantly upgrade graphics cards ,cpu etc with hardly a thought for this most vital accessory...Strange how speakers ,keyboards ,joysticks can be soldiered on for many many years yet other parts get almost annual upgrade.I think my keyboard is nearly a decade old (and I love it!)

ytareh
09-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Just finished first online combat session with TIR5 -Its flawless and requires a fraction of the tweaking of TIR3 which if it isnt just so will glitch ...Im seeing parts of canopies Ive never seen before .Dials are much steadier when trying to read them ...Far less 'blind spots ' in dogfights ...All round very good ...

ytareh
09-04-2010, 01:08 AM
TIR3 Pro sold on a local free ads website ...45 euro ...they really hold their value well making them an even more essential purchase...I think I got this one at a cheap to moderate price on Ebay 3 -5 years ago maybe high 30s UKús so Ive practically had it FREE for that time -VERY little if anything else PC related you could say that about -in fact graphics cards probably depreciate worse than cars !

BOTTOM LINE -Go get a TIR version 3 or higher today!As Thunderbolt suggests theyre(3,4,5,) the good ones (although some would say the 3 isnt great -its fine - and others report being happy even with their '2s'-and if youre at all able to go for the 5, would be my 2c -mind you I wouldnt have paid 150euro for one -at least not this year -I got mine for 90 on that local free ads site (both mine and the one I bought were 'sold' within 30 minutes of posting ad)

Crazy_Goanna
09-04-2010, 01:52 AM
I checked the Naturalpoint site and saw a Track IR pro bundle for 170$US which is about 190$Aus on the US website yet fron the Aussie distributor it is listed at 499$Aus-
ridculous markup.
I contacted the us crew who will ship to Oz so 190 plus freight is a much better option.

Any other Aus pilots should take note of this
I presume that it is the same unit as it is USB powered- any advice from current users for extras from site to get whilst orderind would be helpful

ytareh
09-04-2010, 02:11 AM
Yes its USB powered and CAN be a little glitchy with Windows 7-think it acted up with XP too ...but problems always solved by plugging out USB and plugging it back in again ...It(3) doesnt like lots of sunlight either but there are things you can tweak to minimise interference (eg the curtains!)I dont think you need any extras other than the basic USB headtracker and VECTOR CLIP for any baseball cap('TRACK CLIP' attaches to headphones and is different...)

Crazy_Goanna
09-04-2010, 03:09 AM
Thanks ytareh as usual you are a 'font of information'

Regards