PDA

View Full Version : "Some files are corrupt.."

Martosaurus
11-26-2004, 08:09 AM
"...Please download a fresh copy and start again". I got this message after downloading the patch from Check Six.Anyone have any better luck downloading from one of the other sites offering the patch so I don't waste another 8 1/2 hours?

Maple_Tiger
11-26-2004, 08:31 AM
Down load and install GetRight. It's a down load manager.

Also, go here instead.

http://www.flying-legends.net/php/updates/files/PF_patch301m.zip

Feathered_IV
11-26-2004, 08:37 AM
I always find checksix gives me corrupted downloads and takes ages to do it.

Thankfully there are many other places it may be had. I found Download Accelerator Plus to be really useful when using a lowly 56K connection BTW.

Martosaurus
11-26-2004, 09:00 AM
Thanks, guys. Next problem: The game won't load with the corrupted patch installed. How can I remove the patch without having to reinstall the game? I relly don't want to have to go back and reinstall all my skins!

Feathered_IV
11-26-2004, 09:08 AM
If you install a fresh patch over the old corrupt one, wouldn't it just replace those and leave everything else intact? I'm not sure but it would seem logical. Perhaps one of the resident gurus can give a more precise answer though.

Good luck!

steve_v
11-26-2004, 09:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Martosaurus:
Thanks, guys. Next problem: The game won't load with the corrupted patch installed. How can I remove the patch without having to reinstall the game? I relly don't want to have to go back and reinstall all my skins! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The bad news is you cannot uninstall patches. The good news is the application of an uncorrupted patch will correct your install.
If xp is your OS, a system restore to a point prior to the bad patch install is an option.