PDA

View Full Version : War Clouds back to 3.02bm?? WTF!!!

x__CRASH__x
12-26-2004, 09:57 PM
Sparx just told me he's reverting back to 3.02bm because you have to use the old .exe file with 3.03, and it has a memory leak! He's had to restart War Clouds 6 times today because his memory was full!!

Why can't we get this fixed? It's not like it's new news! WTF is going on with these patches!!!

VW-IceFire
12-26-2004, 10:09 PM
I thought this was more readily apparent.

There is no official 3.03 dedicated server patch because 3.03 is not officially released yet (its due to be officially released on Monday we're told).

Sparx used an old dedicated server EXE to create something compatible. There was a memory leak. It does not work...it was a hack and slash solution at best anyways...so nobody should be mad. We aren't even supposed to have this patch yet...although the new effects are a blast for single mission making!

VFS-22_SPaRX
12-26-2004, 10:19 PM
Unfortunatly, yes i had to put the server back to 3.02bm. I had many requests to run the server at 3.03 so i gave it a shot and it did not work out. The memory leak that was in the 2.04 server is still there in the old il2server.exe. They did fix the issue in the il2server_new.exe , but you cannot use this with the 3.03 patch. So until Oleg and Crew releases a 3.03 dedicated server with and updated il2server_new.exe , i am going to have to run the server at version 3.02bm.

For those that wish to play on the server, you have two options.

1. Make a copy of your FB+AEP+PF dir and re-apply the 3.02bm patch files. Then you can join either 3.03 or 3.02bm servers.

2. Re-apply the 3.02bm patch to your install to play on the server and apply the 3.03 patch when you want to play on 3.03 servers.

Sorry for the inconvience guys, but my hands are tied on this one.

S~
SPaRX
www.war-clouds.net (http://www.war-clouds.net)

luke97
12-26-2004, 11:42 PM
Thats why Warclouds is the server with the most terrible stuttering of all. Using the "new" exe causes a lot of stuttering. Its a fact. Do you read SimHQ forums?

I hope will be no more new exes in the 3.04. They are useless. Game load faster? Useless.

VFS-22_SPaRX
12-27-2004, 12:58 AM
1. The new exe for the client and the server are not the same.

2. If you are getting stutters, then it is more then likely your end. Just because you get stutters does not mean everyone does. Biggest problem is people cannot do something as simple as setting thier Network settings in teh game to play on the server. Not the servers fault

Feathered_IV
12-27-2004, 01:05 AM
Monday did you say? Which one?

VK_Dim
12-27-2004, 02:35 AM
I agree that WC has the worst stutters of all.
And im sure that it is not related to clients. Most of us who play there have high end machines. Maybe you should try to reduce the number of players from 50 to 30 or so..
It can be the NEW.exe...

luke97
12-27-2004, 05:58 AM
SPaRX, I´m just saying that you should consider that there is a problem with the"new" exe and you should be aware of that. Believe me. I thought that was my problem, but after test lots of servers, using both versions, and asking on the SimHQ forums, I´m sure that the problem exists.
A lot of people has the same problem, and that problem dissapears magically when using the "normal" exe.
I love your server, but since you are using that exe, I cant fly as smoooth as before.
If the dedicated server exe uses JET optimization, will create stuttering. Its a fact.

Recon_609IAP
12-27-2004, 06:04 AM
War Clouds pauses so much I can't fly it in 3.02bm, etc... I hope they do something to either cut back on pilots, check the software they are running, etc... something.

Perhaps 3.03 will help take away some pauses, unless it is just the server.

"If you are getting stutters, then it is more then likely your end. Just because you get stutters does not mean everyone does. Biggest problem is people cannot do something as simple as setting thier Network settings in teh game to play on the server. Not the servers fault"

Then why when I fly other servers with other people none of us get this? ie. Hunter's server when I tried it was smooth as silk with 30 people.

I suspect it is that server software you are running? FBD? FBD has always made servers more laggy imo- (or perhaps I wonder if you try for too many pilots)

Not a knock on you , I'm glad for server, but it's definitely got a pause issue that has nothing to do with my machine.

TgD Thunderbolt56
12-27-2004, 07:09 AM
Oddly enough, my experiences in WC in the 3.03 patch were better than with the 3.02bm version. It ran smooth and I didn't get kicked for packet-loss like I did in v3.02bm...until the server crashed of course.

TB

WOLFMondo
12-27-2004, 07:18 AM
I wondered why it kept crashing yesterday..client side 3.03m seemed pretty solid

FatBoyHK
12-27-2004, 07:29 AM
On WC I got shutter every time when someone respawn. last for 0.5 seconds.... Other than that the game run pretty smooth. Does everyone experience this? I have set the connection speed to ISDN.

oldschool1992
12-27-2004, 10:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VK_Dim:
I agree that WC has the worst stutters of all.
And im sure that it is not related to clients. Most of us who play there have high end machines. Maybe you should try to reduce the number of players from 50 to 30 or so..
It can be the NEW.exe... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also get most of my freezes and stutters on WC.
Last week while on WC someone I was flying with (cant remeber who) said he had admin rights to the server and said he could over ride clients bandwidth setting and was able to adjust them in game. when he set eveyone to 56K there was no noticable difference in lag or anything.
my system specs
athlon barton 2600
geforce 5900
512MB pc3200

most of my bad pause and freezes happen at the selection/map screen whats up with that??
sometimes I cant even select a team it just totally freezes and I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to get out of it

tsisqua
12-27-2004, 10:32 AM
Check the main page. It is now officially released with the dedicated server patch. Same 3.03 that we got early . . . only now is official. Sparxx can get the DSP now, and all should be fine. (we hope)

Tsisqua

dvergur
12-27-2004, 11:04 AM
Hi all

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by oldschool1992:

most of my bad pause and freezes happen at the selection/map screen whats up with that??
sometimes I cant even select a team it just totally freezes and I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to get out of it <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

----

I have also seen this problem when the game hangs for a long time after I select side (Blue/Red), then I hit [Fly] and I only get a boxed reply:

(sorry, am not at my computer now, at work-computer so I may not remember the reply word for word)

The Sim/Game then hangs indefinitely at this map screen where we are supposed to choose sides.

But I found the problem and solution that worked in my case. The problem was that 2 or 3 bases/runways were so close together that they appeared to be only a single base/runway and the Sim or probably the server I was trying to play on had trouble deciding which base I had actually chosen, or as the boxed reply said that it had to choose a base according to some parameters unknown to me.

The solution to this problem was to simply right click with the mouse on the map to zoom in on the map a few times until you see the bases separate http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

This made me feel like a bxxxxy genius http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
but you most of you have probably already seen this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Just my two cents

HL: yamit

Chivas
12-27-2004, 11:36 AM
I'm amazed at how smooth the game runs on the War Clouds server with 50 people. I've only had a few stutters when the game first starts as the majority of people begin to spawn.

Thanks Sparx....great server...

x__CRASH__x
12-27-2004, 09:00 PM
I've had a few problems on WC, but thats my system's issues. Not WC. Don't blame the server entirely.

Mad_Moses
12-27-2004, 10:34 PM
I had almost no shutters on most server in IL-2FB... now I have horriable shutters on almost all servers with PF.

It has to be some sort of client/ graphic issue where one bad apple effects everyone else's connection. I am convinced it is not a connection issue on the server or the client side but some sort of sync issue that is caused by clients running with low frame rates.

This is a shame considering how good it was before and now it is worse when it should only be better with a new version. I am really disapointed.

Regards,
=PF=Mad_Moses

AFJ_Locust
12-28-2004, 02:20 AM
The NEW_EXE is a pieca ****!!!!

Use the Good Old Regular Il2fb.exe

Everything else is untested unfinished still in the works.

Im so sick of these faking patches.........

One minute the P38 works like this, next minute its like that, NOW it has changed again WTH!!!

I need a new Mechanic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS USE ISDN in network setup !!!!!!!!!!

x__CRASH__x
12-28-2004, 02:31 AM
War Clouds is back to 3.03. It ran grat for me tonight. Lots of fun

WUAF_Black-Rose
12-28-2004, 07:24 AM
VFS-22_SPaRX:

New/more mission soon on the server?

VFS-22_SPaRX
12-28-2004, 02:54 PM
As soon as we get some issues resovled, yes we will be creating new maps/missions. Till we get everythign set, we need to keep some things the same.

S~

SPaRX
www.war-clouds.net (http://www.war-clouds.net)