PDA

View Full Version : Increase DOTRANGE default setting

T_Rom
02-05-2005, 08:11 AM
Hi,

It is obvious that the visibility of dots has decreased since FB/AEP -version. When I complain, people say that this is just a matter of MPDOTRANGE setting. They say that by increasing it a little, dots can be seen easier. Many dogfight servers have increased dotrange. The problem is, however, that the online wars are always fought with default settings. So, is it possible to increase MPDOTRANGE default setting a little, please?

By the way, many experienced mates of mine have quitted flying since the "new dots" of version 3.02beta. In particular, tanks are invisible from high as well as planes flying below 200 meters (tested with Smolensk map). This was not the case in AEP, where white dot was seen even from far above. Any relief on the matter is most appreciated.

S!
T_ROM

T_Rom
02-05-2005, 08:11 AM
Hi,

It is obvious that the visibility of dots has decreased since FB/AEP -version. When I complain, people say that this is just a matter of MPDOTRANGE setting. They say that by increasing it a little, dots can be seen easier. Many dogfight servers have increased dotrange. The problem is, however, that the online wars are always fought with default settings. So, is it possible to increase MPDOTRANGE default setting a little, please?

By the way, many experienced mates of mine have quitted flying since the "new dots" of version 3.02beta. In particular, tanks are invisible from high as well as planes flying below 200 meters (tested with Smolensk map). This was not the case in AEP, where white dot was seen even from far above. Any relief on the matter is most appreciated.

S!
T_ROM

antifreeze
02-05-2005, 09:21 AM
I absolutely agree: default dotrange should be 25km (which is the current max). Set to 25km means most people can spot aircraft at about 16-18km away against the sky, rather than only about 9km away as is the case with the default setting of 14km. I think 18km is more... dare I say it... realistic, than 8km.

On your other points though, many people do not experience those problems. It seems to be hardware dependent, and in addition if you have tweaked your settings (such as texture compression) to gain performance, you will start to see graphic anomolies like disappearing and invisible aircraft and objects. Returning your card's settings to default as per the advice in the most current ReadMe may alleviate some of those problems.