PDA

View Full Version : a certain assassinstion move

Azzerwazzer1191
11-18-2007, 01:10 PM
you know on the William de Montferrat video?

when the guy drops to the platform he leaps down on William and assassinating him in mid air... i couldn't pull this off and had to drop to the floor letting all the guards have time to attack me...

iv already completed the game but, how do you do this? it looks really cool.

Azzerwazzer1191
11-18-2007, 01:10 PM
you know on the William de Montferrat video?

when the guy drops to the platform he leaps down on William and assassinating him in mid air... i couldn't pull this off and had to drop to the floor letting all the guards have time to attack me...

iv already completed the game but, how do you do this? it looks really cool.

AltairBear
11-18-2007, 01:14 PM
Yea ive seen in game videos people do this...

I have no idea. I was trying to figure it out the whole time. I believe I did it once on accident to a citizen.

Kariko762
11-18-2007, 01:21 PM
i think the over exaggerated this in the video

If u run at him full tilt barge the guards out the way and with HIGH action held and running u can assassinate him.. Altair will jump and land on him with Hidden blade in neck! , dont forget to Lock the target first

alacran6
11-18-2007, 01:21 PM
You lock on to the character that you wish to assassinate. activate your hidden blade press and hold the button that gets you into high profile then press the button to use the hidden blade. Altair will jump and assassinate his victim

Azzerwazzer1191
11-18-2007, 01:25 PM
this i know how to do... sorry if i wasn't clear but i meant assassinating him from above.... o wait... did you say lock on your target... dos it do that when you lock on!? DAMN IT! im stupid i never lock on to anything except pickpocketing

In.Resurrection
11-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Lock on to your target with your hidden blade equipped. You have to be holding the right trigger. Run toward him and right before you leap off, press X to assassinate. The HUD should have "assassinate" labeled as the X command.

Xplicitt
11-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Yea on the little platform you can drop onto to, all i did was lock on to him, hold right trigger right on the edge of the platform, and it gave me the option to assassinate and it did the jump from above. Can't remember if i had to run forward to do it but i don't think so.

mij123
11-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Yeah I remember that video...
Been trying to do that move ever since...
Still don't have it though...
I'll give it another go tonight using the help from comments I got here...
Thanks!

timeh08
11-18-2007, 09:58 PM
you can climb a building halfway up, lock on the target, and hit the assassination button when it pops up, and youll jump of the building like what kind of happens in the vid.

Opticaly
11-19-2007, 04:58 PM
Equipt Hidden Blade, stand on a building/platform near him, Target him, hold Right Trigger and X (Assassinate) and jump towards him, while holding all that.

insane1111
11-19-2007, 09:19 PM
I finally figured out how to do that. I always made the mistake of using high profile and pressing the jump button and hoped to assassinate in mid air. All you have to do is just lock on to your target, get at the edge of the platform, hold your high profile button then your assassinate button. If he's close enough Altair jumps off by himself and assassinates him. You can do this to guards too. The problem is you can't be too high up, you need to be fairly close to the ground. Just kind of play around in different areas to see how high you can assassinate people from.

Faylinks
11-19-2007, 11:27 PM
in the demo, for some reason i have not been able to do that assasination, i am on the last guy now, and was looking forward to that paticular assasination so if anyone knows if its becouse i only did 3 investigations or what...

Ghotten
11-20-2007, 02:40 AM
hold the "trigger" button, or whatever it's called, make sure you're on a low building, run to the edge, towards the target you're locked on to, then press the assassinate button as you jump off.

Bobzer77
11-20-2007, 03:00 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/7071067906

This thread should help! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

dirtybird21
11-20-2007, 03:35 AM
You don't have 2 lock on.

It just helps sometimes..

You just select your hidden blade and hold the high action button, It will say assassinate even when you are on a ledge above him.. or even hanging on a wall... Press it and he will jump off and assassinate... You can do it on normal people also.

A_Bird_Of_Prey_
11-20-2007, 08:14 AM
ok wow u guys are clueless. the way to do this move is to go to the edge of the building oyu wish to attack from and depending on height and the distance your target is at when you hold the high profile button and lean over the edge he will jump off and assassinate him.

NOTE: there is a height and distance limit for this move. If you are too high or too far it wont work.

Freefall69
11-20-2007, 08:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A_Bird_Of_Prey_:
ok wow u guys are clueless. the way to do this move is to go to the edge of the building oyu wish to attack from and depending on height and the distance your target is at when you hold the high profile button and lean over the edge he will jump off and assassinate him.

NOTE: there is a height and distance limit for this move. If you are too high or too far it wont work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems you are clueless too mate...

You dont have to be leaning over the edge, you can just run towards the edge in high profile, lock on as soon as the target goes blue, and press assassinate when you are the near the edge and you will jump off and assassinate the enemy. You can do this to any NPC in the game that can be locked onto.

As people have said you dont have to locked on, but it makes it much more difficult and some time you just jump over your target or fall short